Favorite entertainer on Princess?

Tina G

One thing that we still remember about our Princess cruise from about 5 years ago is the band Deep Blue. They were at the pool every day and they really did a great job. Other lines (most recently RCCL) just don't have poolside bands that compare. Does anyone know if this band is still with Princess? Does Princess have a lot of outstanding poolside bands?

We had a hyptonist on our Grand Princess cruise who was great. Maybe it was the same one?

I cannot remember his name, but he was the hypnotist. Without a doubt, the best entertainment I've ever seen while on a cruise. I saw him aboard the Golden and Sun Princess (I think). On the Golden Princess, my 20 year old nephew volunteered to be hypnotized, and here is my tough, macho nephew, prancing around the stage like a ballerina and putting his size 13 shoe to his ear, thinking its a telephone. We laughed so hard, we pee'd our pants !!!:eek: :eek: There were about 15 passengers on stage with my nephew, and they were all hypnotized!

I would really love to see him again. Does anyone know if he is still on Princess' ships?

If you are thinking of Joshua Seth, he was on the Golden Princess last week. We enjoyed his evening shows for the entertainment factor and the afternoon ones for what we learned.

There was a group called Liquid Blue on the Golden Princess last year that was very good. Are they still around?

Larry,

You naughty old SOB. If we'd known that you were an entertainer other than the martini king at Crooners, we would have had you up doing Princess Idol as well.

Cheers and regards to Ginger. Jayne & Jim are in YVR for 2 days before doing the Coral coastal back to SFO. Cheers, and...

Ciao for now!!!

I agree with you . We listened to him for about 10 minutes and that was enough. I am not a Jim Carey fan and he reminded us of him.

Yes, we were so thrilled when he wasn't on a Crown Sailing-- It was great to be able to enjoy the Cooners Martini lounge without hearing 1/4 of each song all night long!

Man, that guy is annoying:mad:

We really enjoyed Steve Morris, seems to really enjoy what he does- and gave us a good laugh.

We also just had a guy something, Philadelphia? He was hilarious!

:D

:I am so glad someone else has the same opinion of Phoenix Rising as my DH and I. We sailed alone and they made are nights great!!:) You can call the entertainment department at Princess and tell them how entertaining they are. They really left a lasting impression with us. Sure hope to sail with them again:D As of today they still don't know where they will be. If I find out I will post the news.

Thanks, I would suppose I call the main number and ask for Entertainment Division? I would almost plan a cruise around them for 1009 if I knew where they would be, but alas, on the Grand they told us they were being moved and like you say, they never know where they are going.

Wish they had a website.......:)

We saw Eddie Holman, who sang Hey There Lonely Girl, on the Crown Princess last October. He was fantastic, could still hit the high notes with ease. The Princess Theater was maybe half full only. We're sure the reason why was because they listed his name, and should have included the song title. We recognized the name but talked to several people the next day who didn't. They knew the song by title, not artist. Eddie told us he does over 100 performances a year for Princess. Make a point to see him if you're lucky enough to have him aboard.

Jim and Helen

Steve Morris, Philadelphia Plowden and Bert are our top 3.

Philadelphia Plowden was on America's Got Talent this year. Only advanced one round but it was fun seeing him again and on TV this time. After catching the episode he was on we popped in our Steve Moris DVD and watched that. :)

Thanks, I would suppose I call the main number and ask for Entertainment Division? I would almost plan a cruise around them for 1009 if I knew where they would be, but alas, on the Grand they told us they were being moved and like you say, they never know where they are going.

SorryI guess I forgot to give the # for Princess entertainment dept. Here it is 661-753-2403 fax # 661 753 0118

Sorry I forgot to add the # of Princess entertainment dept Here it is 661-753-2403 Fax# 661-753-0118 Good luck Lets keep the guys sailing:)

Directly from Bert ... His winter schedule is Caribbean Princess from Jan. 20th to April 27th. I hope this fits in with your cruise dates. :)

Happy Sailing All! Deb.

Do you know if he will be on the CB on the October 7th eastern carb? Thanks for any info.

After reading glowing reports about Bert, I ended up disappointed when I was finally on a cruise with him. Same for Mauricio, although he also gets raves from some people.

Last Christmas on the Sun Princess we enjoyed Eric Stone's performances in the Atrium. He was much better, to us, than Bert and Mauricio.

And the comedian on the Sun was also very good--Carl Strong.

I agree with you . We listened to him for about 10 minutes and that was enough. I am not a Jim Carey fan and he reminded us of him.

EXACTLY!!! That's why I didn't like him either. Sorry people, I know many of you like him...just not for me. Good thing there are other entertainment options on the ship!

My fav entertainer actually was a past cruise director.This goes back maybe 4-5 yrs ago. Can't remember his name. Only CD I have ever seen who dressed in black all the time and had long hair. He was a great comedian with a wonderful dry Brit wit. Loved watching his morning show on tv and actually looked forward to his opening and closing of the acts.

One of our favorites lines from him, "Our ships will have to tender ashore tomorrow which means we will have these small boats come along side of us. We'll give you a running jump to get into the boats. But don't worry, you'll be provided lifevests. That way at the end of the day we can check in the water for bobbing heads before we leave...Only kidding...we don't check for any bobbing heads!

Archived