Favorite entertainer on Princess?

Tina G

I was on cruise lately from LA to NZ .on The Regal Princess..and saw a scottish Accordion Entertainer called John Macdonald , who I believe now is based in Sydney....who amazed people (including me ) with his stage personality and accordion playing..he received a standing oviation from the first show I attended ( and also in the second show from what I heard from other passengers .the next day)...nice to see something different ..rather than a singer ...we were still tapping our feet to his music for days after !!! I do hope we strike him again on a future cruise !!:

Has anyone esle on the Board seen this guy on any other Ships ?

Two that stand out for me are:

Brandi Chapman- Great show! (and I'm not a huge country music fan)

A Japanese lady violin player that performed on the Trans Pacific Diamond cruise a few years ago (obviously can't remember her name). She was associated with Liberace at one time. Played a lot of American patriotic songs, which sounds corny, but was very moving. She was a huge hit onboard.

Loved reading these posts, being with Princess since late '04 I've had the pleasure of meeting, enjoying, and making friends with so many entertainers. If I had my own cruise ship and booked the acts, these would be my picks:

Favorite Bands: Elua, Phoenix Rising, Wavelength

Favorite Magicians: James Michael, David Merry

Favorite Overall Entertainers: Bert Stratton, Greg Bonham, Tony Tillman, Jaquie Michaels

Favorite Jugglers: Dan Bennet, Thien Fu

Favorite Impressionist: Mike Wilson

Favorite Hypnotist: Fernandez

Favorite Ventriloquist: Dan Horn

Favorite Comedians: Scott Wyler, Troy Thirdgill, Phil Tag, Richie Minnervinni, Sarge

Favorite "Other" Catagory: Uber Rossi

Several years ago I enjoyed the talents of Kemble, a Liberace-inspired pianist/singer, who entertained large groups in the Sun atrium. I was wondering if other cruisers remember any entertainers that made your vacation special. :)

We were entertained by Kemble on the Regal in 2005 - absolutely loved him!!!

Does anyone know which ship he is on now, or even if he is still with Princess? We are on a long back-to-back in December/January on the Star, and wondering if anyone knows who the entertainers will be at that time on the Star?

Thanks!

Just got back from a 10 night on the Grand to NE/Canada. There was a string quartet that just blew us away. These four Eastern Europeans were absolutely phenomenal musicians. Fortunately, and we had to ask for it, they did have a CD of their music, and we bought it, of course. The Prelude Quartet is truly a joy to listen to (couldn't figure out how to end this sentence without a preposition). Sam

I tried calling Priness re: Where is Phoenix Rising. Could not get an answer from CS.

Anybody have any ideas on how to find out where entertainers are and where they might be going.

How long is a "tour of duty" for the bands.:)

As of Wednesday Phoenix Rising still had not heard where they would be next. Maybe if we all call the entertainment department and request them they will move a llittle faster in putting them back on the ships!! The number is 661-753-2403 fax 661-753-0118 Roger Hawke is the head of the entertainment Please call him and tell him how much you all enjoyed them and what great guys they are. Very personalble, funny. polite caring wonderful entertainers Joey and the guys are. Thanks

Aloha Y'all,

Dave from Elua here. To answer your question, there is no set "tour of duty" or length of contract for musical acts. Usually, it will be aorund four months, but I have seen bands come on for as little as two cruises, and personally, we have done three months up to, what will be nine months at the end of this contact. (May 2008)

Not really sure about Phoenix rising, but I did hear a rumour from another musician on board that they will be coming onto the Diamond Princess fairly soon. Again, just something one of the other bands told me the other night. I'm looking forward to meeting them if this is true, as I have heard great things about them.

Aloha,

Dave

Elua

Loved reading these posts, being with Princess since late '04 I've had the pleasure of meeting, enjoying, and making friends with so many entertainers. If I had my own cruise ship and booked the acts, these would be my picks:

Favorite Bands: Elua, Phoenix Rising, Wavelength

Favorite Magicians: James Michael, David Merry

Favorite Overall Entertainers: Bert Stratton, Greg Bonham, Tony Tillman, Jaquie Michaels

Favorite Jugglers: Dan Bennet, Thien Fu

Favorite Impressionist: Mike Wilson

Favorite Hypnotist: Fernandez

Favorite Ventriloquist: Dan Horn

Favorite Comedians: Scott Wyler, Troy Thirdgill, Phil Tag, Richie Minnervinni, Sarge

Favorite "Other" Catagory: Uber Rossi

Steve,

How cool are you...you of course know that if I had my own cruise line, you'd be the first comedian I'd book...but I'd also make you play in the lounge so people can know that you're a hot stuff guitar player too. That way I could sit in with you anytime I wanted.

Life is cool on the Diamond Princess...we're the Hawaiian band for the season. Any chance we'll see you out here for a cruise or two? Stay well and in touch.

Aloha,

Dave

Elua

Our all-time favourite comedian is STEVE MORIS. We saw him 4 times last year (3 on CB and 1 on Crown), and would love to see him again.

We really enjoyed dancing to Danny and Janna (I think that is what they were called). They are a couple from Western Canada, and we were on 2 cruises (a few years ago), when they were playing. Very nice people, and great music to dance to.

Our favourite pool band is Epithany (sp?).

Lyntony

Greg Bonham

We did not care for Greg Bonham. He was much too loud and wasted alot of time annoucing the band. In fact the night we saw him after about the first 15 minutes alot of people walked out. We are in our early sixties and sorry to say we might have lasted 30 minutes. Felt bad but did not enjoy him. Went to see our great group Phoenix Rising in the Wheelhouse Bar for a fantastic night of music. Fan of Phoenix Rising

We enjoyed them on the Grand a few years ago. They were great musicians and also very friendly guys. They even had my husband up dancing with them and normally he doesn't dance at all! We still watch the video we made of them and would love to see them again.

I cannot remember his name, but he was the hypnotist. Without a doubt, the best entertainment I've ever seen while on a cruise. I saw him aboard the Golden and Sun Princess (I think). On the Golden Princess, my 20 year old nephew volunteered to be hypnotized, and here is my tough, macho nephew, prancing around the stage like a ballerina and putting his size 13 shoe to his ear, thinking its a telephone. We laughed so hard, we pee'd our pants !!!:eek: :eek: There were about 15 passengers on stage with my nephew, and they were all hypnotized!

I would really love to see him again. Does anyone know if he is still on Princess' ships?

Are you thinking of Fernandez? He is so funny:-)

Thanks Lady45 for the numbers.

It is still early for my cruise. Maybe I can ask to have them on the Crown in April, 2008:)

Do you think anyone will listen:D

Northender I sure hope they will. These guys were great!! If Princess lets them go they have lost some great entertainers. Call Princess and tell them to bring Phoenix Rising back to their ships. Entertainment deptartment 661-753-2403 or fax 661-753-0118

Hi you guys!

That's cool! Thanks! My schedule is CB until end of Oct. Doing a main show for a 2-day VIP cruise to nowhere on the Emerald out of Lauderdale Oct 25-26, a week with Louie Anderson at the Excalibur Nov 4-7. Then I have 2 last CB dates, 3 Crown dates and 2 Golden by New Year's Eve. After which I'll either be doing my own show in LV at the Excalibur - or - Mid-Jan thru May 06 on the Golden then Vegas.

Aloha to both of you, we need to get together and play some music again like we did on the Crown!

Say hi to David Cole for me, tell him my son Stevie loved the toys he gave him! (and thanks!!!)

Love

Steve

Steve,

How cool are you...you of course know that if I had my own cruise line, you'd be the first comedian I'd book...but I'd also make you play in the lounge so people can know that you're a hot stuff guitar player too. That way I could sit in with you anytime I wanted.

Life is cool on the Diamond Princess...we're the Hawaiian band for the season. Any chance we'll see you out here for a cruise or two? Stay well and in touch.

Aloha,

Dave

Elua

Cary Long is one of the funniest comedians we've seen on any cruise ship. He moves around between the cruise lines. As for production cast singers, we really enjoyed Jennifer and Greg Hammond (husband and wife) on our Diamond Princess cruise. They were great, and he in particular was very approachable around the ship.

Northender I sure hope they will. These guys were great!! If Princess lets them go they have lost some great entertainers. Call Princess and tell them to bring Phoenix Rising back to their ships. Entertainment deptartment 661-753-2403 or fax 661-753-0118

Well I called Princess Entertainment - typical conversation.

Advised that Phoenix Rising is on a break and they are negotiating with their Agent as to what is next.

I asked if I could put in a request for them on my sailing and she said - sure. I was being patronized, but gave it a go.

Too bad they didn't have a website:)

Archived