Favorite entertainer on Princess?

Tina G

Mine's another vote for Bert.............

We were on the Caribbean Princess in January 2005. The others all went to bed but I stayed up until the small hours and enjoyed his manic performances and brilliant piano playing. Always difficult to get a seat - enough said.............

Colin:) :)

PS Shame we can't borrow him on the Emerald on the 15th January..

Well I called Princess Entertainment - typical conversation.

Advised that Phoenix Rising is on a break and they are negotiating with their Agent as to what is next.

I asked if I could put in a request for them on my sailing and she said - sure. I was being patronized, but gave it a go.

Too bad they didn't have a website:)

Glad to hear you put in the request for Phoenix Rising. I know they will greatly appreciate anyone putting in a good word for them. I will call Princess again next week and put in the request too. Hopefully others who read this will do the same.

I cannot remember his name, but he was the hypnotist. Without a doubt, the best entertainment I've ever seen while on a cruise. I saw him aboard the Golden and Sun Princess (I think). On the Golden Princess, my 20 year old nephew volunteered to be hypnotized, and here is my tough, macho nephew, prancing around the stage like a ballerina and putting his size 13 shoe to his ear, thinking its a telephone. We laughed so hard, we pee'd our pants !!!:eek: :eek: There were about 15 passengers on stage with my nephew, and they were all hypnotized!

I would really love to see him again. Does anyone know if he is still on Princess' ships?

We also enjoyed a hyponist on the Dawn 2 yrs ago..named Alexander something...had about a dozen or so folks on stage but some folks in the audiance also went under!!!!!

I remember Jere Ring from several trips on the "old" Royal in the mid 1990's

he did a Bert Statton type of act.

I've read so much about Bert Stratton that I'm glad I'll get a chance to see him on my next cruise (CB / 11-25). Some comedians I have enjoyed are Sarge & Al Katz. Rick Corso is great and there was a husband & wife couple from England on the Crown in June and they were so talented and hilarious. I cannot remember their names but she did a Tina Turner impression that was spot on and he was a very talented guitarist. They received a standing ovation that lasted several minutes. :D

Hi

That sounds like Nick & Tina (AKA Kamika). They are as nice as they are talented.

I'll be your comic when you come onboard the 25th / please find me and say hello! There will be another comedian when I leave Wednesday for the second half. Might be Sarge but not sure. I'll say hello to Bert for you tomorrow when I see him :)

All the best

Steve Moris

• 2 weeks later...

Recently on the Crown to New England and in the piazza there was an acapella group called SPANX. This was a fun loving, good singing, happy group of men singing songs I grew up with - Under the Boardwalk, Duke of Earl, My Girl etc.

It was so much fun and everyone sang along.

Duncan Turk was also on this cruise and he is wonderful.

I would vote for Duncan Tuck for most talented....his guitar playing was the best I have ever seen, especially flamenco and (if I recall) "Classical Gas"....it literally brought tears to my eyes, that a human being could make such music. The two times I have seen him he got a rousing standing ovation.

Kevin Hughes was a favorite also, very genuine, good mix of comedy and observations on the human condition we can all relate to.

My fav entertainer actually was a past cruise director.This goes back maybe 4-5 yrs ago. Can't remember his name. Only CD I have ever seen who dressed in black all the time and had long hair. He was a great comedian with a wonderful dry Brit wit. Loved watching his morning show on tv and actually looked forward to his opening and closing of the acts.

Graham Seymour???? If it is him, he left Princess years ago and went to RCCL. I think he has since retired from cruising.

And I love..........

SARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graham Seymour???? If it is him, he left Princess years ago and went to RCCL. I think he has since retired from cruising./quote]

He's on the Navigator of the Seas

I sure wish he would return to Princess!!! Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...

How about the wonderful pianist/entertainer Paul Burton. Saw him many moons ago on the Dawn and still can't forget him.

This thread has made me realise just how many fab entertaainers we have yet to enjoy, although we have seen a number of others on regular occasions. Try and mix em up for us please, Princess.

I've never seen passengers having so much fun as they did during the piano shows of Maurizio on a Med/Greek Isles sailing last fall. There was so much dancing in the aisles of the piano bar in the atrium, that we were scared that someone might take a tumble down the grand staircase! Does anyone know if he only performs on European sailings?

Hi

That sounds like Nick & Tina (AKA Kamika). They are as nice as they are talented.

I'll be your comic when you come onboard the 25th / please find me and say hello! There will be another comedian when I leave Wednesday for the second half. Might be Sarge but not sure. I'll say hello to Bert for you tomorrow when I see him :)

All the best

Steve Moris

Looking forward to enjoying your performance on the Crown 12/15 sailing !

Also, do you know who else will be sharing entertainment spots with you on that sailing. Thanks and "see ya on board":)

Hi

All the best

Steve Moris

Steve, we've seen you perform. You are hilarious!! :D

Archived