Favorite entertainer on Princess?

Tina G

Great topic! I would have to say my all time favorite is Uber Rossi. He's the only entertainer I remember from our very first cruise on the Golden Princess. It was great to see him again on the Emerald. What an amazing talent!

I also loved Lovena B Fox, Sarge & Fernandez.

Even though he was a cruise director, I have to say that Alistair Greener (from our Golden cruise) was not just a great cruise director, but a funny and talented entertainer as well.

Ahhh...wondered when someone was going to bring up Paul Burton. Is he still on the Grand? And what about Brett Cave? Crooners was so crowded on the Emerald this summer when he was on board that they had to move him to a larger venue one night. We'd love to see Fernandez again :D

Definitely Daniel Mills has been the best entertainer we've encountered on our cruises. And if you ever wondered what impact those appreciation cards at the end of a cruise have, then consider the fact that our card is quoted on his web site http://www.danielmills.co.uk/testimonials.htm along with the following (we're Bob and Joanne):

Testimonials

“You’ve shared your gift of music with me, thank you” - Michael Jackson, March 2007

“Wow! Excellent performer, talented and witty” - Mitchell, April 2007

“….an outstanding musical talent, selection and audience interactions” - Bob & Joanne Ferguson

“Thanks for doing such a great job - you rock!” - James Lay, February 2007

“You’re brilliant, funny and energetic - dry, wry and sardonic too” - G.Crookes, January 2005

Hi All,

We were on the Dawn this summer and Eric Stone "jammed " with two of the entertainers, for the ships' shows, for hours. It was amazing. Never seen anything like it !!!! It was a mezmerizing evening. We loved it.

Alan and Alana, years of the best trivia at sea. Great people who do an equally great service to princess. They get our vote every time. Really enjoy their company. "new" Royal.

Regards,

Shannon

We are most certainly Bert-with-an-e fans and he is really in his element when entertaining in Crooners or a similar venue. In a larger room he loses his "living room" connection.

When it comes to a stage show, we've never enjoyed a shipboard show like we did the Beatle Maniacs and judging by the crowd's response we weren't alone. They had Beatle non-fans wanting more at the end. Very well produced, also.

We rather liked "Live Wire" when we were on the Star Princess during a Baltics cruise in 2005. They're currently in the Carribean on the Emerald Princess. It's the only time I was impressed enough by the talent on a cruise ship to purchase a CD.

Again I will put my vote for Phoenix Rising. We sailed with them September 2 on the Caribbean Princess Great entertainers Great guys Great music. We want to sail with them again in the future. They are expected back on the Caribbean Princess February 3 2008. Don't miss them, in the Wheelhouse Bar, you will have a wonderful evening of fantastic music!!!!

Again I will put my vote for Phoenix Rising. We sailed with them September 2 on the Caribbean Princess Great entertainers Great guys Great music. We want to sail with them again in the future. They are expected back on the Caribbean Princess February 3 2008. Don't miss them, in the Wheelhouse Bar, you will have a wonderful evening of fantastic music!!!!

Shoot, there goes my April Crown Cruise. They are my favorites so far.

Lady45, how did you find this out??????:D

Another vote for the hypnotist, Alexander. We were at his show on the Dawn and he had the entire audience in stitches.

I had never seen a hypnotist in action before that and was skeptical going in but I have never laughed so hard in my life.

I quickly scrolled through all of your posts and I saw no mention of Roger Carr. I was not fortunate enough to see him on board some years ago, but my parents brought home his CD. What wonderful piano/vocals!! Guess there aren't many musical fans on these boards, because thats what he sang most. He was recently playing at the Laguna Beach Inn , where it just so happens I will be attending a wedding in March..cross my fingers he is still there!

Also, I love the Princess singers and dancers, they always put on a great show...the last one I saw was Destination Anywhere...and I hear the new one is even better!

Happy Cruisin,

Kate

Archived