Martini Bar Menu

Conrycol

:D Hi..there are tons of them....and just be prepared, because

the purists will come on and tell you they are not martinis but

foo foo drinks:eek: .....but you can call them whatever you want...

COCKTAILS;)

I love quite a few of those foo foo drinks:)

The French

The Peach

The Martini Delight

The Creamy Chocolate

The Xpresso

Those are just a few:D The Martini Menu is large:)

A 50/50 (using Q Gin and Christensen Vodka) was amazing... Dali served this to my husband on Infinity a couple weeks ago, and even I liked it (and I generally don't like straight Martini's). These are a little more expensive, but both are so smooth that you really can't not like the drink. He did it a little dirty (a splash of Olive Juice), yum! I also liked the Sour Apple Martini, the Lemon Drop (with no added sugar so it's really tart) and the Vodka Gimlet up. A friend of ours had the chocolate martini and loved it (and she is an expert on these). Oh, to be back on a ship at the Martini Bar... December '08 is so far away.

Oh, another crazy one I tried, well, it wasn't really a martini, but Dali made it for me. It was Gin (which I usually don't like), crushed Kiwi and a splash of soda water. I'm telling you, I could have sucked these down, but had to stop after one. It was sooo good, and tart and had the seeds that made a cool crunchy texture.

If I think of others, I'll come back and list them, these were our favorites.

Cheers,

-Lori

Hi..there are tons of them....and just be prepared, because

the purists will come on and tell you they are not martinis but

foo foo drinks .....but you can call them whatever you want...

COCKTAILS

I love quite a few of those foo foo drinks

The French

The Peach

The Martini Delight

The Creamy Chocolate

The Xpresso

Those are just a few:D The Martini Menu is large:)

The Xpresso is awesome! We have been making that one at home, and it is even better at the Martini Bar.

My husband also enjoyed a normal Gin martini, sometimes with a twist. It was a luxury to have a martini before dinner every night, so to us, they were all good!! :D

Oh, I did have a Cosmo (Chalk it up to all the years I watched Sex And The City) and it was good, but I enjoyed some of the others I listed even more.

Cheers,

-Lori

Lori, the first Xpressotini I ever tried was back in March when

I sailed Mercury to the Mexican Riveria. I thought it might be too

strong but I was so wrong:D glad I was wrong too LOL...it

was outstanding!!!!

A 50/50 (using Q Gin and Christensen Vodka) was amazing... Dali served this to my husband on Infinity a couple weeks ago, and even I liked it (and I generally don't like straight Martini's). These are a little more expensive, but both are so smooth that you really can't not like the drink. He did it a little dirty (a splash of Olive Juice), yum! I also liked the Sour Apple Martini, the Lemon Drop (with no added sugar so it's really tart) and the Vodka Gimlet up. A friend of ours had the chocolate martini and loved it (and she is an expert on these). Oh, to be back on a ship at the Martini Bar... December '08 is so far away.

Oh, another crazy one I tried, well, it wasn't really a martini, but Dali made it for me. It was Gin (which I usually don't like), crushed Kiwi and a splash of soda water. I'm telling you, I could have sucked these down, but had to stop after one. It was sooo good, and tart and had the seeds that made a cool crunchy texture.

If I think of others, I'll come back and list them, these were our favorites.

Cheers,

-Lori

On the Millennium last year I don't remember paying more for a 50/50. I asked for mine to be made with Q (until they ran out) and Grey Goose. I did find that the first time with a new waiter, if I didn't specify he would use their bar gin and vodka which was Gilbey's ...not nearly as good, but surprisingly the same price.

Regards

We have fond memories of Dali from the Infinity Martini Bar on our repositioning cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Valparaiso last November. He turned me on to a foo foo martini using Hynotiq amongst other ingredients. We leave on 10/23 for New England/Canada so I am looking forward to trying something new.

Hi Sasset:

Maybe they were the same price, I thought they were more expensive, but I may be wrong (my memory may be failing me :D ). Grey Goose was the standard Vodka used, but for the 50/50, Christensen really made a difference (one of the two Vodka's that still uses potatoes). Maybe the Christensen is what raised it (my husband is pretty sure they were more, he was the one signing the bar tab most of the time... :) )

Either way, it is a great Martini to try, and one we will definitely order again in the future.

Maybe I should make martini's tonight before dinner... you've all got me thinking about which one to try! :D :D

Cheers,

-Lori

On our last cruise (Mercury to Alaska), I discovered the martini sampler. I thought they would be tastes but lo and behold the glasses were a substanial size. They came on a mat as I recall ( I should say my recall became fuzzier and fuzzier) and the names of the drinks were labelled for future reference. Actually there was plenty for a couple to share. Anyone know the size of these glasses as compared to a wine flight that are barely a 'snort'? Do all Celebrity ships offer the Martini sampler? This may become the deciding factor on my next cruise! :D

Blue Lagoon,

I had the Martini sampler on the Century in Feb. I would guess the glasses were at least 3 oz. and had a full pour of vodka/gin in each one. I was woozy enough for that to be the case anyway. It's a great way to figure out which ones you like.

Susan

Wheat: the one with the gin and kiwi and soda sounds like its right up my alley!yum,yum I"m a trational martini drinker,strait up and stired not shaken,but I'm gonna give this drink a shot in Nov.

Wheat: the one with the gin and kiwi and soda sounds like its right up my alley!yum,yum I"m a trational martini drinker,strait up and stired not shaken,but I'm gonna give this drink a shot in Nov.

You'll love it. It won some award for best new drink a year or so ago. I think it was a Bacardi award, but it's made with Gin (I have learned Bacardi is the owner of many things other than Rum products).

Enjoy!

-Lori

P.S. I'm going to try and recreate it sometime, but am sure it won't taste as good as it does on vacation. Things always taste better on vacation. :D

A good bartender will make up ones that aren't on the menu. When Eduardo on the Zenith noticed that we had a liking for the creamy chocolate martini, he made us all kinds of creamy chocolate combinations - chocolate-mint, chocolate-banana, chocolate-orange, chocolate-raspberry for example.

I am not a fan of Martinis but the bartender on the Infinity several years ago made a Bloodytini which was fricking awesome. And potent to boot. Thank God the Martini Bar is close to the dining room ;)

on the zenith repo cruise last october, we were in the martini bar every night! my favorite ones were what we called "the tidy bowl" im not sure what it was really called.. but it was royal blue. a cosmo. AND mint chocolate chip :)

the bartender would write things in my glass with chocolate syrup before he filled it. yummy :p

One of my top favorites is the Flirtini. Discovered that on Mercury back in April 2005.

Ohhhh.........I totally forgot about that one!!! It is

sooooooo good too:D :) :D thank you for the reminder!!!

Looking for the Martini menu. You can find the first page of the one we had on Infinity in very late August here http://www.koobraey.com/Infinity/images/Martini1.jpg and the second (and final page) here http://www.koobraey.com/Infinity/images/Martini2.jpg

Yikes...I didn't know they had an Oatmeal cookie one on there!!!:D ;)

The only oatmeal cookie drink I have had was in a shooter form!

Will have to try it this weekend:D:)

Archived