Praise - or condemn - your past butlers here!

rbrighin

Which butlers did you feel went above and beyond in their duties, with cheerful and positive attitudes? Which ones made you feel as if they were reluctant to do anything at all?

Please include the name of the ship and itinerary, if possible. Thanks to all who respond.

Took me awhile but I guess I kind of tried to forget -- Had Ryan last year and he was OK -- definitely a letdown after being pampered to the extreme by Edwin the year before. Ryan tried but I think he was new to the Butler position.

Edwin is still the best, though my dear friends had Carlton and raved about his service as well! :D

Guest Cookiegirl

Lawrence on the 7-day Western Caribbean on the Century. He just couldn't do enough for us. I wish him and his family well. We slipped him extra $ as he earned it and deserved it. Hoping for the same level of service on the Summit in May '05.

Lawrence on Century

Andrew - Zenith (since retired from Celebrity)

Alex - Mercury

Harry - Mercury

I've also had some just dreadul butlers.. but I can't remember their names.Good reason.

Hi,

We sailed in February of this year, 10-day Mexican Riviera, sailing out of San Diego. We had SS # 1209, and Rasti was our butler.

There was absolutely nothing that this young fellow would not do for us....he seemed to be everywhere and was just a delightful, pleasant young man. He went above and beyond the call of duty, as far as we were concerned. And, we certainly did not make any extraordinary demands on his time.

When we received the gratuity envelopes and, knowing from previous cruises with Celebrity the suggested amount for Butlers, well, quite frankly, we doubled it....that is how impressed we were with Rasti and his service and kind and gentle spirit.

We later learned from Maria, our Room Steward, that he was in tears after reading the note we enclosed with the gratuity for Rasti. This had never happened to him in the 3 years that he had been working on Celebrity.

We sail again....this time on Feb. 18, 05 on the Summit, 10 Day Ultimate Caribbean and we trully hope that our paths cross again with Rasti.

Don and Kathie

Archived