Alcohol

pcm1961

I know there have been hundreds of posts/replies on this topic, but here it is once again. How do they know if you are taking alcohol onboard? I plan on taking my own wine and corkscrew, so it's not a problem for me.....just curious!

Kakalina

I see you have been on the Veendam several times. I take it you like that particular boat alot. What is it that you like so much about it? We sail on the Veendam for a Christmas Cruise on the 23rd of Dec.

How is it then that so many people still manage to smuggle it on?

Because it's easy. You put it in the rum runner flasks in your check on luggage. We never have had a problem. I don't drink hardly at all, but hubby likes to have a few and I just bring him some extra Crown on every time. Never had a problem on any line.

Each ship develops its own attitude or mannerisms that starts at the top and work down through the crew.

We prefer this crew, this ship and how they treat their passangers and just the overall cruise experience that they provide. We find it unique to this ship and have sailed on her multiple times since her maiden voyage which we were on and as you can note below we have multiple cruises planned on her.

Ruth & Jim

Kakalina

I see you have been on the Veendam several times. I take it you like that particular boat alot. What is it that you like so much about it? We sail on the Veendam for a Christmas Cruise on the 23rd of Dec.

She has sailed where we wanted to go to be honest. However she is a wonderul ship. We particularly like the staff and crew and have had really good times on her. You should have a wonderful time aboard her, we always do. :D

(Here's a joke courtesy of a fellow CC member. Hope you like it. It's posted in good fun).:)

A lady goes to the bar on a cruise ship and orders a Scotch with two drops of water. As the bartender gives her the drink she says,

"I'm on this cruise to celebrate my 80th birthday and it's today.." The bartender says, "Well, since it's your birthday, I'll buy you a drink. "In fact, this one is on me." As the woman finishes her drink, the woman to her right says, "I would like to buy you a drink, too." The old woman says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want a Scotch with two drops of water." "Coming up," says the bartender. As she finishes that drink, the man to her left says, "I would like to buy you one, too." The old woman says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want another Scotch with two drops of water." "Coming right up," the bartender says. As he gives her the drink, he says, "Ma'am, I'm dying of curiosity. Why the Scotch with only two drops of water?"

The old woman replies, "Sonny, when you're my age, you've learned how to hold your liquor.

Holding your water, however, is a whole other issue."

I know there have been hundreds of posts/replies on this topic, but here it is once again. How do they know if you are taking alcohol onboard? I plan on taking my own wine and corkscrew, so it's not a problem for me.....just curious!

The latest TSA screening devices can detect all alcohol that is not beer or wine, it can even see through Listerine bottles.

who gives a da-- what devices we are wasting our tax money on.

I just pack in my suitcase or in a 6 pack from a previous cruise mixing bottles of booze, wine and mixers in it. Noone ever open it when sent ahead with luggage.

(Here's a joke courtesy of a fellow CC member. Hope you like it. It's posted in good fun).:)

A lady goes to the bar on a cruise ship and orders a Scotch with two drops of water. As the bartender gives her the drink she says,

"I'm on this cruise to celebrate my 80th birthday and it's today.." The bartender says, "Well, since it's your birthday, I'll buy you a drink. "In fact, this one is on me." As the woman finishes her drink, the woman to her right says, "I would like to buy you a drink, too." The old woman says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want a Scotch with two drops of water." "Coming up," says the bartender. As she finishes that drink, the man to her left says, "I would like to buy you one, too." The old woman says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want another Scotch with two drops of water." "Coming right up," the bartender says. As he gives her the drink, he says, "Ma'am, I'm dying of curiosity. Why the Scotch with only two drops of water?"

The old woman replies, "Sonny, when you're my age, you've learned how to hold your liquor.

Holding your water, however, is a whole other issue."

Love it!!!!!

I think smuggling on HAL is really not very necessary. You can have a bottle of your personal poison waiting for you in your cabin and the prices while higher than duty free are very reasonable. They will also provide some of the mixers you want. My biggest problem with making my own cocktails on board was it is hard to get a lime. Lemons are available but limes hard to find. I would focus on smuggling a lime if it were me.

jc:D

who gives a da-- what devices we are wasting our tax money on.

I just pack in my suitcase or in a 6 pack from a previous cruise mixing bottles of booze, wine and mixers in it. Noone ever open it when sent ahead with luggage.

That was a joke....

I think smuggling on HAL is really not very necessary. You can have a bottle of your personal poison waiting for you in your cabin and the prices while higher than duty free are very reasonable. They will also provide some of the mixers you want. My biggest problem with making my own cocktails on board was it is hard to get a lime. Lemons are available but limes hard to find. I would focus on smuggling a lime if it were me.

jc:D

Dang! I'm all set to smuggle on some rum - either in a 20 oz. water bottle (white) or Iced Tea bottles (dark rum) in my luggage, since I'm planning on bringing some soft drinks anyway.

But no limes for my rum and coke or comsos?? I may have to hit the supermarket and stuff some limes in my luggage. ha ha

Kath

Archived