Sister just called from the Sovereign of the Seas

my sister is on her first cruise,Sovereign of the Sea, that left yesterday. How can I find out where they are and what the conditions are?

Shes at sea today.Going to Key West tomorrow...

Sovereign of the Seas will not make its scheduled port calls in Coco Cay, Bahamas, Tuesday, or Nassau, Bahamas, Wednesday. Instead, the ship will be at sea, Tuesday; Key West, Florida, Wednesday; at sea, Thursday; and return to Port Canaveral as scheduled, Friday.

Call her tomorrow and tell her to go stand in front of Sloppy Joes and wave to you.... http://www.liveduvalstreet.com/

http://www3.wsvn.com/news/articles/extra/MI66439/

I spoke with my sister this morning. They originally were supposed to have a sea day on Tuesday, Nassau on Wednesday and Coco Cay on Thursday. When they boarded, they were told that they were switching the sea day and Nassau. Apparently in the middle of the night, the captain decided not to head towards Nassau and basically just stayed off the coast of Miami. They were able to get a berth at Key West and that is where they are today. They will not be going to Coco Cay tomorrow, again having a sea day and just staying off the coast of Florida. She said the first day was a little rough, but yesterday the weather was beautiful, they spent time at the pool, and this morning it was a little cloudy but warm in Key West. Hopefully they will be able to get into Port Canaveral on Friday without many problems.

The weather has been cloudy here all day but on the news this morning they were showing the wind and waves off the coast and we have TS Noel headed for the Bahamas. We were on the Sovereign in late Sept and didn't make it to Coco Cay. The way the weather has been here lately I wonder if the Sovereign has made it to Coco Cay at all the past two months?

We went Labor Day weekend and the water was so calm you could have waterskied on it. Then my sister was there over the weekend of Oct 19th and they also were lucky and got to CocoCay. But the last few weeks have been pretty nasty.

I spoke with my sister this morning. They originally were supposed to have a sea day on Tuesday, Nassau on Wednesday and Coco Cay on Thursday. When they boarded, they were told that they were switching the sea day and Nassau. Apparently in the middle of the night, the captain decided not to head towards Nassau and basically just stayed off the coast of Miami. They were able to get a berth at Key West and that is where they are today. They will not be going to Coco Cay tomorrow, again having a sea day and just staying off the coast of Florida. She said the first day was a little rough, but yesterday the weather was beautiful, they spent time at the pool, and this morning it was a little cloudy but warm in Key West. Hopefully they will be able to get into Port Canaveral on Friday without many problems.

I wonder how they get away without going to a foreign port at all?

I wonder how they get away without going to a foreign port at all?

I've gotta guess they decided to pay the per passenger fine and give those people a port day rather than keep them locked up on the ship the entire cruise.

Shes at sea today.Going to Key West tomorrow...

Sovereign of the Seas will not make its scheduled port calls in Coco Cay, Bahamas, Tuesday, or Nassau, Bahamas, Wednesday. Instead, the ship will be at sea, Tuesday; Key West, Florida, Wednesday; at sea, Thursday; and return to Port Canaveral as scheduled, Friday.

Call her tomorrow and tell her to go stand in front of Sloppy Joes and wave to you.... http://www.liveduvalstreet.com/

http://www3.wsvn.com/news/articles/extra/MI66439/

Had to laugh at that one. We did this once and held up signs to our friends. lol

No, it is part of the Bahamas - private island owned by RCI

..and that neatly solves the "foreign port" question right there. All they have to do is a "toe touch" (like the 1 hour stop in Mexico on the Hawaii cruises) to satisfy that goofy law.

I hear the waves are huge, have you talked to her recently? Is the ship ok? I am supposed to go on that ship soon and i really hope it makes it. I would hate to have to go on the big red boat again

I'm sure the Sovereign is fine... RCCL is not going to put their ships or passenger's in harms way... and you don't have to worry about going on the Big Red Boat either.. it's not sailing anymore.. been a while since you've cruised???

I talked to my sister this morning. They made it back to Port Canaveral and everything is fine. They had another sea day yesterday and she said the ship was moving pretty good with the waves. She said they had a good time despite not making any of their scheduled stops.

Wanna bet we heard the complaints and the requests for compensation from some who didnt make their ports??:eek: You know there are always some who will equate this to a cruise from he!! and never cruise RCCL again..:cool:

My sister just called again and I asked if they received anything for not making their ports and she said no, nobody received anything, but that people were "crazy" asking to be reimbursed for not making their ports. I'm sure when she gets home I will hear the whole story, but they did not receive any OBC or anything for the changes.

Don't people realize and understand that if you cruise in hurricane season, you might run into a hurricane or at least, a tropical storm. What do they expect? RCCL doesn't control the weather. People need to learn to roll with the punches... or in this case, roll with the waves!!!!!! :)

Wanna bet we heard the complaints and the requests for compensation from some who didnt make their ports??:eek: You know there are always some who will equate this to a cruise from he!! and never cruise RCCL again..:cool:

But naturally. You and I both know that RCI forced those people to accept the bargain fares to sail during hurricane season and purposely scheduled this cruise for a week when a hurricane would be in the region. And obviously they should have sailed into the teeth of the storm in order to go to the scheduled ports. They, of course, will not consider that during the entire time, they were fed, entertained, and accommodated for the entire period of the trip.

Archived