Thoughts And Prayers For Florida

doone

My thoughts and prayers are with all our CC friends in Florida. Please keep us all updated, if/when you are able, but know we're all praying for you here and hope everyone is safe.

That goes for all the souls in the Sunshine State as well as those on the Zuiderdam still out at sea. God be with you all.

Good Morning! After many stress-filled day at work and at home I finally get to sit down and write this morning from home. As you all know Hurricane Frances is approaching our Florida coast. We closed our offices yesterday at noon; I did not have to do much because my hurricane supplies have been purchased since June, except for crackers and snacks which I bought last Sunday, I also filled my car last Sunday and got some cash on Monday. I remember when Andrew hit us in 92 that gas stations and ATMs were emptied out and people were going mad!!!!!!!! Please pray for us! My brother lives in Tallahassee and he may not even be spared of this either. My mom and I were going to drive to Key West but hotels were all booked since Wednesday and yesterday authorities are not letting people drive down unless you reside in the Keys. As long as I have electrical power, I will post some information as to what is happening in Miami: right now is 830am and is so quiet is almost scary, I live in South Miami-Dade County, about 15 miles north of Homestead Air Force Base, close to the end of the Palmetto Expressway and the silence is spooky, streets are desserted, it is sunny, barely a light breeze, but very hot and humid, clouds are low which is one of the typical sign of an approaching hurricane..... This will be my fourth hurricane, my second Category 4, and I must admit I am scared, I lived through three hurricanes in my native Cuba but Hurricane Andrew in 92 showed me the strength, the fury, the danger, and devastation of these big storms. But, again, this is the price of living so close to Caribbean Paradise! We are booked for a 3-day weekend cruise to Nassau in three weeks, have no clue what will happen, I have a feeling there is not going to be much Nassau left, or if Carnival will change itinerary.

PLEASE PRAY FOR US IN FLORIDA!

AlinaMaria

Alinamaria, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

I work for a major electric company here in Massachusetts. Quite a few of our crews will be heading to Florida tomorrow morning to help with the electric restoration in Florida. We're praying you'll all be safe.

My DW and I have prayed for everyone in the path of this storm. The glimmer of good news this morning is that it has "disorganized" somewhat and is now a category 3 hurricane. That's still bad ... but provides a little hope that it will continue to weaken. Still, since it's moving so slowly, it isn't going to run through and be over with quickly.

We heard its been down-graded, still a powerful storm though. Our crews, NOW, anyways, will NOT be heading to Florida to help with restoration. Perhaps after the storm hits, they may need help, who knows. Just praying for all of you to be safe.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for us in Florida. I think that they have announced that Miami is off the hook for this one, but unfortunately, there are still several miles of coast where we are anxiously watching and waiting. This morning here in Gainesville at the 5am advisory, we were out of harm's way, but now at the 11am, we are in the eye of the eye of the storm. So please pray that it does not strengthen. As it is now we are expecting 15 to 20 inches of rain. Stay safe and please check in if you have a chance when this has passed.

hi...she still looks pretty ugly to me:eek: .......Miami may be ok...but now we in the north are under a hurricane watch......and the map looks bad...she might have lost a little bit...(down to 120 mph)...:rolleyes: ...but she has slowed down...and that makes things worse....if she doesn't keep moving the hit is going to be worse.........

It is nasty outside........be safe everyone

She still looks ugly to me too... she can also change and increase in strength - I was just watching a meterologist explain on the news, often large storms will change catagory several times before landfall, as they disorganize and reorganize - the worst thing about Frances he says, is her size.

If she hits land at that size, even at 120mph, it will be devastating... :(

I am watching every bit of news I can - hoping and praying for all of you.

Thank for all your prayers. The latest advisory and tracking maps show both Miami-Dade and Broward Counties off the "path", but actually it means the eye of the storm is not expected to come our way, however, we are still under Hurricane Warnings because this storm is sooooooo big that we will still experience for the next 24-48 hrs tropical storm winds, as much as 12-20 inches of rain, and strong gusts; we are also under "Flood Watch" until Sunday 8pm. Right now in Miami's Kendall area which is about 15 miles north of Homestead Air Force and about 3 hrs from Key West is quiet, but we've had some feeder bands come through which have already left over 45000 without electricity in coastal Miami area, several large trees down, and a few car accidents due to those very inmature and irresponsible people driving around "to see what's like". We have been experiencing power surges for the last three hours. There is no gasoline in the entire county and they already said there will not be deliveries until after the storm has left Florida. However, our prayers are being answered, the storm is getting weaker and disorganized. Please keep praying for us and most definitely for our neighbors in Central Florida. I have to go now because thundering has resumed as well as some strong winds. May God keep all of us safe in His hands! God Bless America!

AlinaMaria

Archived