Meet and Greet question

VacationLoverNY

Another poster ran this info not too long ago. For more info - just do a search forum with the words 'meet & greet' in the subject line.

Charlie

We require a minimum of 16 passengers to set up meeting space. Below

are the names and ships each coordinator handles.

|--------------+----------------+----------------+-------------------------------|

| Coordinator | Ships | Direct Phone # | E-mail address |

|

| Coleen Reyes | Crown & Sea | (661) 284-4447 | creyes@princesscruises.com |

I read on CC that there isn't a Meet and Greet on Princess like there is on RCCL. I remember seeing somewhere on CC that we could contact the ship and try to arrange one. Does anyone know where I can find out who to contact for the Crown? Thanks in advance for your help.

Try to contact James Deering the Passengers Service director on the Crown. At least he was when I was on 9/29/07. You usually go about announcing your intended "meeting" on your roll call. He(James) reads the roll calls and usually attends the "meetings". It is usually held in Skywalkers. If your first day is a sea day I would hold it then. It is too hectic at sailaway time.:eek:

Hello

On our last cruise on Summit we arranged our own informal meet at the pool bar at sail away as we had been chatting for some time on the boards. This was great fun as it involved all the families and friends connected with the passengers - many who wouldn't have attended a formally arranged M&G.

It wasn't really a meeting - we all just said hi as we recognised each other.

We then had an official meet with the CD in attendance which was a bit contrived and not really a fun occasion by comparison.

After these 2 meets we all chatted throughout the cruise whever we met in the corridors and in the bars but we felt that it was mainly due to our first encounter.

I must admit the Celebrity boards are very busy compared to the Princess thread for our roll call - but maybe its the particular ship we have chosen, there are only 3 of us chatting but we have already said we will meet up for a drink to meet each other.

I think you can do both as well. If your numbers are good then ask Princess for an arranged M&G and if not make your own M&G

I hope you Have a great time meeting and greeting the whole way through your cruise

Gail

Caroline the moderator on here told me, is that still correct?some people at rollcall will set up their own, RC did it tho, it was nice, 1st day out..so is this info still correct? thnx
RC actually has an arrangement with Cruise Critic to promote on-board meetings if enough people attend. It's an advertising thing if my understanding is correct.

There is no such arrangement with Princess. Groups can attempt to arrange a meeting through Passenger Services, and some have been successful doing so. It seems to depend on the CD.

Most of the groups I have been involved with have just arranged their own get-togethers on board. Occasionally, people in a roll call have been able to have one of the public areas, such as Skywalkers, set aside for the roll call group during a cruise. The staff on board has had waiters and bartenders available for us. The arrangements are made through the roll call thread.

Archived