"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Hello everyone. . . My wi fi has been down since we left, so no pics until its gets back up ! A helicopter flew around the ship several times for about 15 min while we were leaving (I could still see land). . . . I will try to ask around and see what the deal was !

I will be in classes most of tomorrow, but if wi-fi is working , then I will have many pics to post ! Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;) ;)

I was wondering, we all have trouble getting pictures of nightime scenes with buildings lit, especially if the ship is moving; these are short time exposures, which can be blurred if the ship is doing 15-20 knots, even using a sturdy tripod.

What about using the fireworks setting, since this uses digital enhancements of some sort to make up for the short exposure time needed to catch the shell patterns.

Worth a shot. :D

Hello everyone. . . My wi fi has been down since we left, so no pics until its gets back up ! A helicopter flew around the ship several times for about 15 min while we were leaving (I could still see land). . . . I will try to ask around and see what the deal was !

I will be in classes most of tomorrow, but if wi-fi is working , then I will have many pics to post ! Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

;) ;)

Radio,

When I cruised on Liberty this past September, a helicopter flew around the ship for almost an hour leaving Miami. We could see a guy sitting on the side filming the ship. We were wondering if maybe they are filming some new commercial of the ships? He was pretty close too !!

Hello everyone ! Sorry about not posting any pics last night. I just was unable to connect with my Wi-Fi from anywhere on the ship.

Yesterday was a long day. . .but we turned our clocks back last night, so we are back to normal (Cape Liberty Time…)

Today should be the busiest day of the week (so far) with a ton of activities. There will be a production show at 7PM and 9PM “Fast Forward”, and the Quest is also today in Studio B at 11PM. The Ice Spectacular ”Spirits of the Seasons” will also be in Studio B at 3 and 5PM. There is also the Blackjack and Slots Tournament, Dance party and much much more. . .Too much to type ( I will post the daily Compass when I return)

I will be in class however, for most of the day. . . So I will still be having fun ! (I should be done by 3PM. . .just in time for the Ice Show)

I ate dinner last night at Johnny Rockets, which was very good. There was a helicopter flying around the ship 4 or 5 times. . .We were still close to shore and I could still see Bermuda, but I asked the crew and no one seemed to know why it was there. . .Oh well. . .Hopefully everyone is Ok !

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in. We are scheduled to arrive in Boston at 7AM Friday.

Here are some pics of Bermuda, and Sail away (The weather was overcast, and cloudy, so it was not the perfect day for sail away pics)

The weather today is sunny, and very windy ! The outside deck were closed all morning due to high winds. Most people who are outside today are wearing coats or jackets !

More Pics later

Radio

We are almost ready to leave. . .Celebrity following us in.

wed2.jpg

New Pier contruction in full swing

wed1.jpg

I am sorry to leave this beautiful port of call.

wed2a.jpg

Off we go. . .

wed3.jpg

Celebrity Constellation

cel2.jpg

Hi Radio,

I really enjoy reading your live posts, we will be on the Explorer for a 9 night in January and can't wait to go.

There is a thread going on right now as to whether or not lobster has been or will be taken off the menu. Can you tell us if they still have lobster or the fisherman's plate on the dining room menu? Thanks.

Here are a few more from yesterday and today. . .

Radio

Bermuda web Cam Image of Explorer of the Seas leaving yesterday, Courtesy of my Brother

bda.jpg

Very calm seas while leaving Bermuda yesterday. . .

wed5.jpg

Currents over the reef

wed4.jpg

Today is very windy

thur1.jpg

Full speed ahead to Boston !

thur2.jpg

Hi Radio,

I really enjoy reading your live posts, we will be on the Explorer for a 9 night in January and can't wait to go.

There is a thread going on right now as to whether or not lobster has been or will be taken off the menu. Can you tell us if they still have lobster or the fisherman's plate on the dining room menu? Thanks.

I will let you know on Formal night ! !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What a sad sight to see Bermuda getting smaller and smaller. :(

But it was great being there (almost!) thanks to Radio.

I look forward to the rest of the cruise and can't tell you how much I am enjoying this. THANKS!

Hello everyone. We are having calm seas (the Captain calls it ”moderate”), and it is still very cold. Tomorrow it should be much colder. . . The forecast is for 45f, and partly cloudy.

I was able to watch the Ice Show today, and it is not to be missed. I have seen many Ice Shows on Mariner, Voyager, and Explorer. . . And they are always one of the passengers favorite shows !

There is a big Production Show tonight, and there will also be Quest, which I will try to attend. I had a chance to win a dinner at Portofino tonight with a contest in our TA class, but my team did not win. . .I may go there on my own tomorrow.

I talked around and tried to find out why the Helicopter was flying around us in Bermuda, and the crew seem to agree that it was a filming crew, for some type of promotion.

I will try to get to the Spa tonight. . . There is a Jacuzzi there that is very big (and heated) that not many people have been using.

I have been told by the Loyalty Ambassador that I should be expecting a Bridge Tour this week, and I have been waiting for that delivery ! !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Schooner Bar

w1a.jpg

Studio B

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

Must be having network issues on the ship, there was a double post that didn't update the index pointers. This should fix it.

Theron

Ooops. . .sorry about that . . .The Wi Fi has been up and down all day !

Thanks for the fix. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Ooops. . .sorry about that . . .The Wi Fi has been up and down all day !

Thanks for the fix. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Radio,

Enjoying all your pictures! Thanks a bunch for posting!

I hope in December Cybercabin works with my Vista like it did in July on Explorer.

Enjoy QUEST!! Great fun! Wish I was there! :) :D :p

Archived