Pay Restuarant Policy on RC

Or they could just enforce their currently posted/advertised policy - and tell people they are sorry but no one under 13 is allowed to dine. :) I think I, personally, would prefer my solution...... :D

I am in total agreement with that. They need to follow the posted guidelines. Breaking the rules for one, will open the door for others. Even Disney has a restaurant for adults only, with no children allowed... no exceptions. I don't understand why it is so difficult for RCCL to adhere to their own policy, or why some people ask to be exempt from the rules... :rolleyes:

Thank you. I was trying very hard not to roll my eyes again.;) I have been a bit sarcastic lately :o and was trying to break the habit. You took care of it for me. :D

You have been sarcastic? I am in the middle of quitting smoking and I have been getting in a lot of trouble. Nicotine withdrawal is coming out through my fingers and saying some not nice things. :D 22 days today

You have been sarcastic? I am in the middle of quitting smoking and I have been getting in a lot of trouble. Nicotine withdrawal is coming out through my fingers and saying some not nice things. :D 22 days today

Oh, Sue, congratulations! My DH was a smoker who finally quit. Took him a number of tries and much "testiness".

My mood is coming from work stress. I was with an anesthesia group for 24 years and the group folded. So I am having to go to a new job soon for the first time in forever and am not taking it well....... :o

Oh, Sue, congratulations! My DH was a smoker who finally quit. Took him a number of tries and much "testiness".

My mood is coming from work stress. I was with an anesthesia group for 24 years and the group folded. So I am having to go to a new job soon for the first time in forever and am not taking it well....... :o

Oh I am so sorry, I am going through similar. I own my own company but it basically runs itself so I am bored. LOL. I decided I want to go on cruises and be a secret cruiser and rate all the stuff. do you think I could get hired?

Oh I am so sorry, I am going through similar. I own my own company but it basically runs itself so I am bored. LOL. I decided I want to go on cruises and be a secret cruiser and rate all the stuff. do you think I could get hired?

I think that would be a very good job. :) I would hire you. :D

And then you could hire me as your first assistant when you started your own "secret cruiser business" - being the experienced entrepeneur that you are. I could give up anesthesia to cruise - you would need me to cruise often to help you supervise all your secret cruiser employees.........;)

I think that would be a very good job. :) I would hire you. :D

And then you could hire me as your first assistant when you started your own "secret cruiser business" - being the experienced entrepeneur that you are. I could give up anesthesia to cruise - you would need me to cruise often to help you supervise all your secret cruiser employees.........;)

Your hired, now how do we explain to the hubby that we won't be around a lot.:rolleyes:

Your hired, now how do we explain to the hubby that we won't be around a lot.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm, we could hire them as the actual secret cruisers (us being the supervisors and all)? That way they would have to do all the reports and we (uh, I mean you, boss) could take all the credit and collect the big bucks. This is a plan that has a real possibilities....... :D

Hmmmm, we could hire them as the actual secret cruisers (us being the supervisors and all)? That way they would have to do all the reports and we (uh, I mean you, boss) could take all the credit and collect the big bucks. This is a plan that has a real possibilities....... :D

I want to sail to though, hubby isn't going on any cruises without me, besides they will need 24/7 guidance.:p

i think the way to solve that is to increase the supplement. I would imagine that I wouldn't go to a nice restaurant that is supposed to be the equivalent of a $100 per person dinner and have 6 or 7 year olds hanging around unless they are very well behaved. I wouldn't take my kids there.

I must say, Chops and Portofino are nice, but $100 pp equivalent??? I don't think so.

By the way, I got a bit of a chuckle out of the fact that some of you seem to be getting all riled up about the fact that RCI might have at some point bent the rules on ages allowed in the specialty restaurants. I don't think any of you have actually claimed to ever have had a meal disturbed or the ambiance ruined by unruly children. Sounds like it's not much of a real issue.

The restaurants are only 1/3 to 1/2 full, for the reasons listed. They are dimly lit and very quiet. Any voice above a quiet speaking voice will be heard by the whole restaurant. All food is made when you order it, so you are there for several hours. The restaurants provide a quiet relaxing atmosphere for a romantic dinner. Is this really a place you think children belong? Of course, if your children are quiet, still, well-behaved, and enjoy such an atmosphere, I am sure no one could object to their presence. You will enjoy Royal Caribbean. Some of the cruises we have been on have had over a thousand children on them. They are certainly family friendly, even if they think it is ok for adults to enjoy a quiet peaceful meal.

I think that it was lovely for all of the people who willfully violated Royal Caribbean's minimum age policy at the specialty restaurants to post their actions on this message board.

Of course *your* children were and are perfect angels. :rolleyes:

But even if that were true, the mere existence of YOU violating the rules means that people whose children are NOT fit to be in human company will feel free to demand the same.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If i found myself next to a fussy child in the specialty restaurant I would summon the Matrie'D and ask if he cared to enforce the rules or comp my meal and I:( would leave immediatly

Um, have you ever seen one? Seems to be a lot of fuss over nothing. Do you leave a fine resturaunt if you don't like the table next to you.

Come on, chill and be happy.

Um, have you ever seen one? Seems to be a lot of fuss over nothing. Do you leave a fine resturaunt if you don't like the table next to you.

Actually yes I did leave a restaurant the other day due to a misbehaving child. The child was there when we sat down, and was screeching at the top of his lungs (he was about 2 years old). The reason - his sister, who looked about 4 years old had gotten out of her chair and was picking on him. When our food came 20 minutes later, we got it to go and ate at home - because he was still screeching and the parents had done nothing at all during that time!!

Believe me, if I pay $20 extra for a specialty restaurant on a ship and there is a misbehaving child there I WILL say something or demand my money back.

By the way, I got a bit of a chuckle out of the fact that some of you seem to be getting all riled up about the fact that RCI might have at some point bent the rules on ages allowed in the specialty restaurants. I don't think any of you have actually claimed to ever have had a meal disturbed or the ambiance ruined by unruly children. Sounds like it's not much of a real issue.

It is just one more thing the RCL is folding on and don't enforce. Why bother having the rules if none of them actually matter???? :rolleyes:

No kidding! We pay the extra $$ for an adult atmosphere/experience. If we are disturbed by kids we will demand a refund. :mad:

###

I have to agree with you on this one. There has to be a couple of adult only venues. I think it's only fair as families have the rest of the ship. Why can't parents think about others once in awhile. Why do they always want to be the exception.

M

I think that it was lovely for all of the people who willfully violated Royal Caribbean's minimum age policy at the specialty restaurants to post their actions on this message board.

Of course *your* children were and are perfect angels. :rolleyes:

But even if that were true, the mere existence of YOU violating the rules means that people whose children are NOT fit to be in human company will feel free to demand the same.

Sorta like when pax who can't hold their alcohol smuggle along with the "responsible" drinkers.:confused:

Aren't there always people who think their reasons for bending the rules are valid?

If RCI allows smuggled booze...ignores diapered kids in pools..doesn't chase kids from the Solarium....and allows some underaged kids into the specialties....it seems as if they are being consistently inconsistent with their own onboard rules.

I think it is lovely for all the people who willfully violate numerous RCI policies to post their actions on this message board.:p ;)

It is just one more thing the RCL is folding on and don't enforce. Why bother having the rules if none of them actually matter???? :rolleyes:

I guess I'm just not convinced that it's a rule they don't enforce. I guess I've heard a few people here and there say that they will sometimes allow younger children in there at the earliest seating times. That's probalby because not many people are there at the time, so if they get the isolated request to have younger diners, it's easy to segregate them away from other diners. As long as they're following the spirit of the policy in allowing people to have a more intimate, undisturbed dining experience, then I really don't care if there is the occasional bending of the rules.

I'll believe it's a real problem, if I see reports of people saying their dinner was interupted by unruly children. I've never seen that so far, though.

I guess I'm just not convinced that it's a rule they don't enforce. I guess I've heard a few people here and there say that they will sometimes allow younger children in there at the earliest seating times. That's probalby because not many people are there at the time, so if they get the isolated request to have younger diners, it's easy to segregate them away from other diners. As long as they're following the spirit of the policy in allowing people to have a more intimate, undisturbed dining experience, then I really don't care if there is the occasional bending of the rules.

I'll believe it's a real problem, if I see reports of people saying their dinner was interupted by unruly children. I've never seen that so far, though.

That is not the point, when they go to the trouble of printing it in the compass and also having a sign outside the restaurant and then totally ignore the rule then that is a problem. It doesn't say over 13 except at 6pm. And RCCL wonders why people don't follow the dress codes, ignore kids in the pool, smuggle booze and chair hog.This rule is not one bit different.

That is not the point, when they go to the trouble of printing it in the compass and also having a sign outside the restaurant and then totally ignore the rule then that is a problem. It doesn't say over 13 except at 6pm. And RCCL wonders why people don't follow the dress codes, ignore kids in the pool, smuggle booze and chair hog.This rule is not one bit different.

Your right from a 2007 Explorer cruise compass "Guests 13 years and older are welcome."

Archived