Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

Sue-received your replies. Thanks. So, tomorrow we'll start getting some serious rain and some storms from Ivan and then in a couple of days he should be out of our hair. I will be packing for our cruise this week while enjoying a pretty normal workweek-a relief.
Goodnight for now. Take care Everybody. Lynne

:eek: The local meteorologists in New Orleans have models taking Ivan into this part of the coast. According to friends who just came back this afternoon, evacuation planning is well underway and the home improvement stores are already running short of plywood and generators. There's nothing between here and New Orleans except about 50 miles of swamp and marsh! Can't this sucker find a nice uninhabited beach to hang out on!

It's interesting that Ivan is going into the area near New Orleans. I posted somewhere in one of the threads that our facility's podiatrist is a Ham Operator here in Florida and works closely with the local EOC. He predicted last week already that the Hurricane would end up in New Orleans. Now, if we'd only listened, those of us here wouldn't have had to worry-we would have known it would be going straight up instead of turning. We could have enjoyed our week! LOL I don't envy those folks up there. Lynne

How are you all managing to stay sane? Even Ben & Jerry's can't be helping!!!!

At least here in Michigan when a tornado comes to woosh you to Chris' house its over quickly!!!! This waiting days....weeks is more than anyone should bear.

My grandma used to say "God doesn't give you more than you can handle"...but do you ever think that he thinks WAY too much of you all!!!

You are ALL an incredible inspiration!!

Deb

Hi, Pensacola is now on high gear preparing for this storm. Manadatory evacuations start in the morning. I'm all set to evacuate to the northern end of the county tomorrow to IMpatiently wait for Ivan to get here and then get the heck out of here. Good luck to others also on the Panhandle! I hope that the prediction holds out that it will make landfall as a Cat 3. instead of something worse. Lots of frayed nerves around here. :eek:

Jan

Deb,(flintstone), When you go through this, and you come this close, you have two choices, panic...... notice Cape Coral,......[url]http://vortex.accuweather.com/phoenix2/images/common/radarplusgallery/040813/charley-1546-rad.png[/url]

or keep your sense of humor, which keeps you sane....... :D

OH NO :eek: . I heard last night that while it seems like there are a lot of hurricanes right now, that's really not the case. This is the peak of the season. I know, that's little consolation for anyone.

I've been listening to my NOAA weather radio the past few days and at first we were being warned about high winds, flooding, etc. starting tonight. Now they're calling for it Thurs. night to Saturday - and I'm in Atlanta.

As of this morning's news in Tampa, Jeanne was thought to be heading just north of the bahamas, then out into the Atlantic with no major threat to the US coast. She's not expected to exceed cat 1 hurricane, if she even strengthens that much. Hope that's some consolation...

Sue..that graphic looks incredibly close to Cape Coral!! My husband's step mother lives there also...so we keep especially glued to your reports when we can't get thru to her!

Thankfully...it looks like Cancun has been spared (again) and we're set to go this weekend. Still keeping our fingers (and toes) crossed for those in Ivan's path.

I see the sink holes in FLA are starting to open up!!

Archived