Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

For those of you who might want to help the Cayman Islands folks (Grand Cayman pretty much devastated):

[b]Subject:[/b] URGENT! - Hurricane Ivan

[font=Century Gothic][size=2][size=2]Dear All,[/size] [size=2][/size]
[size=2]We regret to inform you that Hurricane Ivan has devestated the Cayman Islands. This catagory 5 Hurricane generated tremendous storm surge, sustained winds reported at 165 mph and gusts at 260 mph causing catastrophic damage. [/size][font=Century Gothic][size=2][font=Century Gothic][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=2][font=Century Gothic]e have received many [font=Arial][color=#0000ff][font=Century Gothic][color=#000000]emails[/color][/font][font=Century Gothic][color=#000000] and calls[/color][/font] [/color][/font]of concern, condolences, prayers, and love. [/font][/size][/font][font=Century Gothic][size=2]In an effort to provide relief for the island, Tortuga Imports' Miami Warehouse is accepting donations for the following items: [/size][/font]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Canned Foods (including soup)[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Can Openers[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Water[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Bread[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Baby Formula[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Diapers[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Tissue[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Napkins[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Plastic Utencils/Plates/Cups/Buckets[/color][/size]
[color=#ff0000][size=2]Medical Supplies [/size]
[/color][size=2][color=#ff0000]Generators
Satellite Phones[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Non-perishable Milk[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Stove Top Ranges & Sterno[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Drinks[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Candles[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Lighters/Matches[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]BBQ Grills & Coal[/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#ff0000]Cleaning Supplies (Garbage bags, broom, etc.)[/color][/size]
[color=#ff0000]Tarps & Tents[/color]
[color=#ff0000]Pens & Paper[/color]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]To help, please bring or send these items to:[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Cayman Islands Hurricane Relief Efforts[/size]
[size=2]C/O Tortuga Imports, Inc.[/size]
[size=2]14202 S.W. 142 Avenue[/size]
[size=2]Miami, FL 33186[/size]
[size=2]Phone: (305) 378-6668[/size]
Toll free: 1-877-486-7884
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Everything helps, even 1 can of food. Your continued prayers and support for the Cayman Islands are needed [font=Arial][color=#0000ff][font=Century Gothic][color=#000000]and appreciated[/color][/font][/color][/font]. We thank you for taking the time out from your busy schedules to make a donation. [/size]
[font=Arial][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[size=2] [/size][b][i][font=Monotype Corsiva][size=4]Jacqueline V. Gil[/size][/font][/i][/b][font=Times New Roman]
[/font][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=2]Office Manager[/size][/font][/i][font=Times New Roman]
[/font][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=2]Tortuga Imports, Inc.[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Book Antiqua][size=2]D/B/A Tortuga Rum Cake Co.[/size][/font][/i][font=Times New Roman]
[/font][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=2]14202 S.W. 142 Avenue[/size][/font][/i][font=Times New Roman]
[/font][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=2]Miami, FL 33186[/size][/font][/i][font=Times New Roman]
[/font][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=2]Phone: (305) 378-6668 / 1-877-4-TORTUGA[/size][/font][/i][font=Times New Roman]
[/font][i][font=Book Antiqua][size=2]Fax: (305) 378-0990[/size][/font][/i][font=Times New Roman]
[/font]
[/size][/font]

I had to pass this on. Do you remember the post for everyone to blow at the same time to blow the hurricane away??? Well I am watching Fox, and Shep just said some floridians are sick of the hurricanes. No, they are not moving out!! One group wanted to tow an iceburg down to kool off the water. Others, he said, want to stand on the coast and blow Ivan away!!! Maybe he reads our board!!! :)

[quote name='sue d. miller']I am doing the same thing!! LOL!! Jim Cantore hasn't been on in a couple of days, so I think he is chilling, waiting to see just where this thing is really going!!! I bet he shows up tomorrow somewhere. [/QUOTE]

Hi Sue - Saw Jim Cantore on Sunday. He was in the panhandle.

I don't know if someone else has mentioned this or not but according to Yahoo news "the island of Cozumel has shut down its airport, halted the arrival of cruise ships and prohibited all maritime navigation and visitors to Cancun were advised not to stray from their hotels as both resorts prepared Monday for the secondary effects of Hurricane Ivan".

It looks like to me all of the computer models are starting to merge and say the same thing........except for one..........sure looks like Pensacola is in the cross hairs.........the other model has it going to New Orleans area.........

Hi Sue and Everybody, I'm in the midst of eating my supper but thought I'd check in before my server goes down again. I saw your 5PM graphic,Sue. I'm not going to relax until I'm on the ship on Saturday. I guess the outward feeder bands are starting across the Peninsula-plenty of clouds and rain predicted for the rest of the week at times. I guess we can handle that. I heard a rumor that there is another wave off the coast of Africa-but I have nothing confirmed and am trying to ignore it!!! Take care. I'll try to check in before bed. PS I'd like to sight one of those weather channel guys INLAND-just to say I saw one away from the Beach. What duty!! Lynne

This was reported last week on the RC boards.............they still took just in lost revenue for 3 days 15 million........7 to 9 cents a share is a pretty good drop for three days of disruption.......it will still be a good quarter for stockholders.....

Archived