Hurricane Ivan Information

CruiseFever

Mobile, FL Panhandle, LA coast -- all you people stay safe!

Host Miriam, you too in Stone Mountain. Our parents are in Decatur and Avondale. And friends and relatives all over that area. I grew up climbing that mountain in the dark, it was considered a fun date -- that was before the park was there. Stay safe!!

[quote name='GloriaF']Mobile, FL Panhandle, LA coast -- all you people stay safe!

Host Miriam, you too in Stone Mountain. Our parents are in Decatur and Avondale. And friends and relatives all over that area. I grew up climbing that mountain in the dark, it was considered a fun date -- that was before the park was there. Stay safe!![/QUOTE]
Thanks Gloria! It's starting to get a little dicey here -- we're under a tornado watch till 9 and you can tell when the bands of heavy rain are coming through, it gets REALLY dark out.

I found out The Weather Channel sent a friend of mine to Pensacola! Heard his name mentioned a couple of times as well as saw what was left of the hotel room he was in when the storm hit! I'm trying to reach his wife!

I did catch a break -- today was trash pick up day. I got my trash to the curb between rain and then after the trash was picked up, there was a lull in the wind and rain and I was able to bring the can back into the garage.

[url="http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/news/guides/hurricane/galleries.shtml"]Pensacola News Journal [/url]

Several dozen photos of the damage in the Pensacola area.

Miriam - would that weather channel person be Jim? Heard him on the air via phone this am. I told you, wherever he goes, people should leave immediately!

Hope you're holding up to the wind!

TinaLee

It looks like Ivan is going north over our NC mountains (to our west), and then east along the NC/Virginia border (to our north) and then south over us in the Winston-Salem area. It is going to be along wet weekend.

Please keep the folks in our NC mountains in your prayers. They are expecting over a foot of rain on ground already soaked by Frances.

Archived