Aft suite - dreaded vent or dreaded beam?!

TrinaLC

That photo was taken by Kevin and Susan on the Crown Princess. They didn't tell me what aft cabin number they were in.

Thanks for your reply, Princess Chatterer. Hopefully someone can tell me if B752 has this beam. We love aft cabins, but don't think we would like the beam very much. We think the balcony would feel really cramped.

• 3 weeks later...

We have booked B752 for this Saturday Feb 9th. I believe there is a beam... but the one for B752 is off to the side not in the middle. Regardless we believe it will not be a problem.. will post back after the cruise if you like.

We have booked B752 for this Saturday Feb 9th. I believe there is a beam... but the one for B752 is off to the side not in the middle. Regardless we believe it will not be a problem.. will post back after the cruise if you like.

Tate5622, we would love to hear what you think of this cabin. We love being in an aft cabin, so we have decided to stay with it. I don't think we have much else to choose from at this point anyway. If there's any way you could post a picture that would be absolutely awesome!

Hope you have a great cruise! We've been watching the Ruby sail on the Port Everglades webcam ever since we booked, so we will be waving to you as you sail by!

We have an aft balcony that is not a suite. Is this beam in every aft balcony? From looking at photographs of the stern of the ship. it looks like this beam runs down one vertical row on each side of the ship and the rest of the cabins are fine.

What is the cabin # in this photo?

We are on Ruby Princess, B752. Will we have this "dreaded beam"?

No I don`t think so. Thinking back to Crown Princess where we had 3 cabins in a row, B748 was the corner and a great big balcony, B750 had the beam but was still a good size (just like the photo). B752 was a little smaller with no beam.

No I don`t think so. Thinking back to Crown Princess where we had 3 cabins in a row, B748 was the corner and a great big balcony, B750 had the beam but was still a good size (just like the photo). B752 was a little smaller with no beam.

Thanks Caber. That confirms what I was thinking it would be like. I do think there will be a little bit of beam to one side, but we can live with that. I'm sure we will be wishing the balcony to be bigger, but when you book fairly late you take what you can get and just enjoy being on a cruise!

I do think, though, that if this balcony is obstructed, it should have been disclosed during the initial booking. In our case the first and only mention of any obstruction did not show up anywhere until after my booking was completed and paid in full. It was also priced exactly the same as other totally unobstructed balconise in the same category. I don't much like that kind of surprise!

Why not go for A-751 nestled between the Grand Suite and Owner's Suite? Same price - fewer neighbors and no beam issues whatsoever!

Rob

We had that A751 on Caribbean Princess. there was a loud booming noise 24 hours a day every few minutes in that Vista Suite. No one knew what was making that noise with vibration. It was scary, even for my DH who is a contractor & used to such things. Maybe from the pool heater above us. The people in both suites on either side had no problems like we had

• 2 years later...

We have traveled on the Princess Star, Vista Suite C750 on a 14 day cruise to Hawaii. Two beams and zero problems, and no vent troubles, but.... the best views on the whole ship!! We have also recently booked a cruise with an aft Vista Suite for a fall New England jaunt. Aft Vista Suites ROCK!!!

We are splurging on our first cruise because we are renewing our vows so we are double excited!! We got the PH suite and really fearful of our decision since we want the money to equal satisfaction for our special occasion. Still looking forward to the trip though. Thanks for the information and the picture. They helped a lot.

We have stayed in both cabins. We always book an aft suite when sailing with Princess. Our personal favorite is A751. We have never had a vent issue. The balcony is not broken up by a beam. It also is full size all the way to the stern where the cabin next doors balcony for us seems very choppy. Nor is it breezy on the balcony of A751 like the exterior ones when moving between ports. For us it`s a win win we prefer it and it cost less.

Thanks for your information. I first booked our trip one week earlier (September 10, 2016) than the one we have now. The reason for the change was mainly because of the exposed balconies with little or no privacy. Another reason was because of the praises posted about the aft suites. There are lots of pros and cons about any trip and this one will be no exception. At first the cons were stressing me out, but now I realize that it will prepare us for both the good and the bad.