What is Your Favorite 2007 RCI Cruise Memory?

GMoney

As the year comes to a close, I thought it might be fun to share best RCI cruise memories for 2007.

I'm going to cheat and have 2:

> The fun times with Eric and Rusty in the Champagne Bar on Brilliance during my Med cruise. Since I was traveling solo, I really enjoyed the camaraderie and sheer entertainment those 2 provided.

> The great company with fellow CCers RTB, Mitaxi and TruthandKeidy on Radiance in Alaska - the best cruise ever.

Honorable mention goes to:

> Reyno the concierge on Radiance, who played Eartha Kitt tunes in the lounge and put up with us constantly yelling "Enchante!" as we poked fun at another (non-French and slightly pretentious) cruiser. :eek:

> Rachel Hancock, Diane and the other great RCI employees who joined us on the June Brilliance member cruise. It was a real pleasure to meet such genuinely nice people.

Seriously, I was lucky enough to spend 50 days at sea in 2007, and am very thankful for it. 2008 won't be quite as good (darn job!), but I have great pictures and even better memories...

Great idea for a thread.

I would have to say our favorite cruise memory this year was spending time in the concierge lounge on the Enchantment with Julian. All those Enchantment Alums know why this is special!!!!

Hope to make some more memories in a couple of weeks on the Brilliance!!

Only one? No way I can do that!

1. The whole family literally screaming with excitement as we drove towards the port and saw Mariner waiting for us!

2. Having our first aft balcony -- we're spoiled now -- and quiet time with each family member out there.

3. Seeing my 13-year old come out of Dunn's River Falls beaming ear to ear proclaiming, "I just climbed a waterfall! I can't wait to tell everyone at school."

4. Sharing an ATV ride in Cozumel with my 10-year old, who screamed for joy the whole time.

5. My husband giving me a diamond necklace as we were dressing for dinner on formal night. I didn't have a clue that he'd brought me such a special present; he'd kept it in his pocket all the way to Florida so I wouldn't find it.

Congrats on a wonderful idea for a thread..uplifting.

Reminds us to count our blessings as well.

Boarding Carnival Victory Jan 07, first cruise.

Looking out from the balcony at the water, sun, moon, feeling the breezes.

There is a peace that comes over you.

That is why I changed my CC name to Az Ocean Sky Breeze.

Geeky.. but it works for me. It reminds me of those moments.

Laura

Jan. 07 was our first cruise ever so that would have to be the best memory. Turning the corner in Tampa and seeing the Legend of the Seas and boarding her an hour later was amazing. We had a great time with my mom, two sisters and a friend (my husband and 5 women). We had such a good time we went on another one in Sept., this time my husband and 7 women! I organized a fundraiser cruise for Jan 08 and we're doing a transatlantic cruise in March/April. That first cruise on LOS got us hooked on cruising and RCCL.

Sad, but memorable. The last Sailing of Rhapsody of the Seas. The Captain was presented with a plaque from the governor....thanking RCI for the years of cruising ROS brought to Galveston and inviting RCI to base another ship here so we Texans can Texasize yet another crew.

The last night atrium farewell was filled with tears and fond memories for literally hundreds and hundreds of loyal Rhapsody of the Sea fans.

Very nice topic Patrick. :)

My favorite memory of this year was being invited on board the Liberty Pre-Inaugural in May by Royal Caribbean. RCI threated all of us with outstanding hospitality and a time that will not be forgotten. I have other favorites but this one stands out a little more.:)

Ooooooh. I love this question!

Let's see.

1. Seeing my then 20-year-old son standing on the FlowRider for "10 seconds," as he put it. This was a BIG one for him to even TRY ... so I was totally impressed and thrilled that he had the opportunity.

I really could name lots of other wonderful moments, but we're supposed to list ONE?

Oh, wait! I have to add ...

2. Sailing on Liberty of the Seas Inaugural Cruise. That was a first for me, my husband, and our son ... and will be a special memory for all of us.

Lynn

In March reaching out and shaking the driver's hand on the mule taking us through the Panama canal on the Brilliance. Making some wonderful friends for a year before the cruise and feeling like life long friends as soon as we met on board.

In August watching my two techno teenagers faces in absolute awe as we pulled up to the face of Hubbard Glacier or when we flew over a glacier and then landed on it.

Can't do just one.

Being invited to the Liberty pre-inaugural along with the other Cruise Critic folks. What a great time with great people. Thanks again RCI.

Dining with Captain Bang and his wife and their son on the Navigator transatlantic in April.

Doing the Beaches of Normandy tour from the Jewel of the Seas in June.

Meeting all the people from the roll calls of both the above cruises.

The C&A Member's cruise was by far the best cruise..........Rachel Hancock and her staff did an outstanding job and left us all with many wonderful memories.....plus the gifts we received were both practical and so very useful.

Being invited to a private party on the Bridge by Capt. Selvag when we cruised Hubbard Glacier..........seems to look so much larger from the bridge! Meeting Capt. Bang's sister Greta and her husband Gerald, who incidentally has cruised the most times on RCI...........think it's 210+. What a lovely and fun couple they are.

Meeting all the Polar Bears from our roll call.............and making some very lasting friendships.

And I will never forget the Polar Bear breakfast in the DR with many of the PB's wearing their PB pajamas.............this was so awesome and so well attended and when Reyno the Concierge showed up in his jammies.............it was like the frosting on the cake.:D

Sad, but memorable. The last Sailing of Rhapsody of the Seas. The Captain was presented with a plaque from the governor....thanking RCI for the years of cruising ROS brought to Galveston and inviting RCI to base another ship here so we Texans can Texasize yet another crew.

The last night atrium farewell was filled with tears and fond memories for literally hundreds and hundreds of loyal Rhapsody of the Sea fans.

Mine too. We also had very good friends who sailed on their first cruise aboard so this was a great one for us.

2007 was not a good year health wise. As a result we did not take any cruises in 2007. fortunately I was able to book the 5/7/2008 sailing of the Rhapsody for a Transpacific and I have to admit I am really looking forward to this trip. I am looking forward to Japan and definitely Alaska. So the process of booking this cruise has been quite a memory.

:D Having my husband finally cruise with me for our 50th anniversary. He had a wonderful time and so did I. Crusing with sister and daughters has been great but no one can replace this precious person, the owners suite was wonderful as was the whole experience especially going and booking our next cruise together.

Lois

Best one for me would be stepping out on Voyager's top deck last January for sail away. That was my first cruise and sail away got entertaining when Voyager and the other RCI ship (Navigator I think) started making an incredible noise with their horns.

The two ships pulled off the "shave-and-a-haircut" routine with those monster horns. Very funny!:)

Honorable mention:

Getting brave enough to do karaoke on Enchantment.

Anytime I'm out on the lower outside deck watching the sea and understanding why my grandfather was in the Merchant Marine for over 30 years.

Great idea for a thread! Just going to Europe would qualify for me, however the most memorable was meeting all the CC'ers at our great M&M on board the Jewel. We had the best M&M group at our September sailing. And this was our first balcony (on the hump too).

Gail

I have 2, for our 2 cruises in 07'.

#1 - Monarch last January, 3 nighter Ensenada, with our best friends and making more during the trip.

#2 - Serenade last July, Alaska - Mom's 65th b-day cruise, 16 of us! Loving all the ports we were at, the amazing beauty of Alaska, and seeing my kids faces as we did our Dog Sled excursion was priceless :)

Archived