Bud Light Beer

SCFCRUISER

Are there any BUD LIGHT beer drinkers out there?

The DW & I are going on the Triumph on 1/26/08, can't wait.

Problem: The last two cruises we went on the Destiny & Liberty & both times the ships ran out of BUD LIGHT beer about 3/4 of the way into the cruise. I made the cruise line aware of this both times & was rewarded with 4 bar tickets on the next Carnival Cruise...WOW.

My best friend works for the local Budweiser distributor & he says that BUD is the #1 selling beer in America. Why can't Carnival keep the ships stocked with enough Bud products to get through the week cruise??

Has this happened to anyone else?? Just curious..

On the Holiday, they could not sell the 16 ounce Bud Light in the tall Blue alum cans until we were in International waters. I thought that was weird. They could sell the regular cans...but not the tall ones.

Just like in a restaurant it is difficult to know how much bud light they are actually going to go through. Also space is at a premium as there are others who drink other kinds of beer besides budlight they have to make room for those as well. I would imagine that that would be the reason that they have run out of bud light.

Why would you want to kill your tastebuds with that trash, especially when they have much better beers on board?

Now, now...

Let's not disparage other's selection of beverages. :)

Especially if it were to influence them in such a manner that they'd possibly consume more than our share of the better brews, which may lead to a diminished supply for *our* preferences... :eek:

Unless of course, they were to switch over to Coors or its equally distasteful spawn (coors light, etc...) ;)

Why would you want to kill your tastebuds with that trash, especially when they have much better beers on board?

I'm glad you said it for me!

Just because Bud is the best selling beer (or so they call it) does not mean it's the best.

BMC make beer for people who don't like beer :D

firetruck_e0.gif

Call me a beer snob if you wish. But, there is not one single beer that I would drink all of the time.

And, to me, most light beers have little or no flavor at all.

Charlie

Bud Light sells well when priced at $12.00 per case. At $5 per can/bottle/aluminum can, one is open to trying a bit higher quality brew. :cool:

Walmart sells the most stuff...they don't offer the best quality. That isn't a slight on Walmart, we all shop there. One shouldn't confuse volume of sales with best. :D

Call me a beer snob if you wish. But, there is not one single beer that I would drink all of the time.

And, to me, most light beers have little or no flavor at all.

Charlie

I'm a beer snob and proud of it. You speak much truth. Budweiser, at least the American one, is hardly anything I would call beer, you make beer with malted barley, not rice.

I'm a beer snob and proud of it. You speak much truth. Budweiser, at least the American one, is hardly anything I would call beer, you make beer with malted barley, not rice.

I've had cheap Sake and it's way better than Bud!:p

I'm a beer snob and proud of it.

and if you like garlic, I make a killer garlic beer :eek: :D :eek: :D (my wife hate's it when I brew it)

I've had cheap Sake and it's way better than Bud!:p

I'm a beer snob and proud of it.

and if you like garlic, I make a killer garlic beer :eek: :D :eek: :D (my wife hate's it when I brew it)

Garlic beer... sounds interesting, trying to imagine how that tastes. I make a cherry beer I ferment in old bourbon barrels that's pretty good. Haven't had time to make a batch in a long time though.

Back to the original question: I have never heard of running out of any of the standard stocked American beers.

I have ordered beer and found out that they were out or it was only available in one or two bars on board. Norwegian Star this past September I went to the Bier Garten and was told that they were out of stock on Franziskaner which was advertised on their board. Sadly it was on embarkation day:confused:

Charlie

Are there any BUD LIGHT beer drinkers out there?

The DW & I are going on the Triumph on 1/26/08, can't wait.

Problem: The last two cruises we went on the Destiny & Liberty & both times the ships ran out of BUD LIGHT beer about 3/4 of the way into the cruise. I made the cruise line aware of this both times & was rewarded with 4 bar tickets on the next Carnival Cruise...WOW.

My best friend works for the local Budweiser distributor & he says that BUD is the #1 selling beer in America. Why can't Carnival keep the ships stocked with enough Bud products to get through the week cruise??

Has this happened to anyone else?? Just curious..

That's why they ran out. Because it is the #1 selling beer.

...The last two cruises we went on the Destiny & Liberty & both times the ships ran out of BUD LIGHT beer about 3/4 of the way into the cruise...

:eek: :eek: :eek: i don't typically drink bud light but don't run outta beer when i'm cruisin'! oh, the horror, LOL. good thing this has never happened on one of my sailings before.

[Call me a beer snob if you wish...

I'm a beer snob and proud of it....

you two need to read the beer threads.

Back to the original question: I have never heard of running out of any of the standard stocked American beers.

I have ordered beer and found out that they were out or it was only available in one or two bars on board. Norwegian Star this past September I went to the Bier Garten and was told that they were out of stock on Franziskaner which was advertised on their board. Sadly it was on embarkation day:confused:

Charlie

We went on the Inspiration out of San Juan on 2-5-00, and to many passengers disbelief, they had no American beer on board at all. Our first stop the next morning was in St. Thomas & they loaded back up, I would assume to not pay taxes.There were a lot of P.O. people. Almost a mutiny.

On the Destiny in 2001 & Liberty this past February, it got to be a joke. All the people looking for Bud products were going bar to bar looking for some Bud..it was like a scavenger hunt. Who knows....

Bud Light sells well when priced at $12.00 per case. At $5 per can/bottle/aluminum can, one is open to trying a bit higher quality brew. :cool:

Walmart sells the most stuff...they don't offer the best quality. That isn't a slight on Walmart, we all shop there. One shouldn't confuse volume of sales with best. :D

Nope Walmart does not sale union products. So no Bud sold there.......

Yeah......well it's not. Maybe girlie beer but not horse piss. :p

Actually I wish I liked it. Less carbs and all. Oh well just have to eat less and work out harder so I can enjoy the suds:D

Common misconception. You save yourself about 40 calories drinking Bud Lite as compared to regular Budweiser, so yes you save some, but nothing really significant.

Archived