All things Jewel of the Seas!

Great pics! We're sailing the end of November for the Panama Canal and we can't wait. Can anyone who has been on her recenlty tell me how pax were dressed on formal nights. That is are passengers following the suggetsed dress code:confused:.

The reasoning for my questions (or madness) is that on our past cruises with Princess I've always reanted a tux and I just want to know waht the % is onboard the RCI ships.

Edited by HMSDingy

• 1 month later...
My Fiance and I are looking to take a 13 night transatlantic in May from miami to UK for our honeymoon. We are all about having a good time, party, drinking, dancing etc. I could not seem to find any disco/club for adults. Does this ship have one? Also, it lists the schooner bar as a "piano" bar...Is this a comparable bar to the piano bars on Carnival ships? What kind of bars/clubs do they have?

Hi when we were on the Jewel there was lots of dancing, an excellent band in the atrium steady dancing, bands all the bars and I can't remeber the name of the disco way at the top but it was cooking every night. Had lots of dancing on this ship.We are going on her again in May. You will love the Jewel!Kay

Great pics! We're sailing the end of November for the Panama Canal and we can't wait. Can anyone who has been on her recenlty tell me how pax were dressed on formal nights. That is are passengers following the suggetsed dress code:confused:.

The reasoning for my questions (or madness) is that on our past cruises with Princess I've always reanted a tux and I just want to know waht the % is onboard the RCI ships.

The percentage of men in tuxedos may vary a bit depending on the length of the cruise and its itinerary but it should not be much different from what you have experienced on your Princess cruises. Go ahead and rent that tux. You definitely will not feel out of place on the Jewel.:)

Hi all (and happy new year),

Just wondering if there is a place on the Jewel (inside or outside) that you consider the most romantic. I'm trying to get some ideas of places to take DH on our May cruise. :p

• 5 weeks later...

We have sailed several times during spring break season on 7 days ITNs and deck chairs where hard to come by - as well as loungers in the solarium. I was wondering if since this is a 10 day cruise and the average age a bit older if others have found it easier to find deck chairs on the Jewel Panama ITN than on the 7 day Caribbean ITNs. What was your experience?

I am hoping to find a great spot on those four wonderful sea days!

Help!!

I've been viewing the photos of the Jewel in this thread, and am wondering about a particular photo by Lynne247.

Can you please clarify what the "equipment" is that is in your last photo of the front port side of the Jewel? Is this window washing? Is this always there?

Can anyone else comment on this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi!

Decided to search for anything Jewel related and stumbled across this thread. Lots of good info that got me even more psyched for our cruise in April.

Anybody back from the Jewel with anything new to report - changes, opinions, the good, bad and ugly? Would love to hear from you!

Has anyone had a deck 10 aft cabin and trouble with noise from above? That´s got me worrying a bit.

Thanks in advance!

We're sailing on a 13 day repositioning cruise on the Jewel from Boston on October 30, 2010. My husband and I have been on many cruises with Celebrity and NCL, but have not been on RCL. We are looking forward to trying out this cruiseline.

We have booked a balcony on the 10th deck, room 1526. We are hoping that it has a good view. If anyone has stayed in this balcony room, we would appreciate any comments about the room.

Hope to see some of you on board!

• 3 years later...

Great thread if you are going on the Jewel for the first time as we are in mid December. The last post is from 2010. Does any one have any updated or changed information to added, especially with the Southern Caribbean itinerary?

Thanks for making my cruising better.

scomar

Great thread if you are going on the Jewel for the first time as we are in mid December. The last post is from 2010. Does any one have any updated or changed information to added, especially with the Southern Caribbean itinerary?

Agreed. My family and I are sailing her this summer, and we're very excited about it!

Excited to be sailing in March on the Jewel. We decided to take a break from the larger ships. We sailed on the Allure for the last 2 years. Love Royal Caribbean, but the itineraries are all the same. We have family in St. Kitts and Barbados so we're excited be able to see family when we dock.

Happy Cruising1

Excited to be sailing in March on the Jewel. We decided to take a break from the larger ships. We sailed on the Allure for the last 2 years. Love Royal Caribbean, but the itineraries are all the same. We have family in St. Kitts and Barbados so we're excited be able to see family when we dock.

Happy Cruising1

Will you adopt me? :D

Thanks for making my cruising better.

scomar

If you have St. Martin as a stop try (Randomwind.com) read the reviews and trip advisor for more info, we've been on her twice one by word of mouth and second time chartered the whole boat for family reunion, going on her again on May 4 2013. If you go say hello to Diane the owner from Nick@Sue in Chicago.

If you have St. Martin as a stop try (Randomwind.com) read the reviews and trip advisor for more info, we've been on her twice one by word of mouth and second time chartered the whole boat for family reunion, going on her again on May 4 2013. If you go say hello to Diane the owner from Nick@Sue in Chicago.

Thanks for the trip tip!