Any Carnival Panama Canal Cruises in the Next Year or So?

Rowan555

I'm trying to convince my parents to cancel their 49 day Splendor booking, for various personal reasons, and I think I might be aided in this endeavor by "selling them" on a Panama Canal cruise for late 2008 or sometime in 2009. I searched Carnival's site and couldn't find anything. They're VERY hesitant to try another line (and too close to Platinum to go elsewhere), and they've already done Alaska and Hawaii. Am I missing something, or are there no Panama Canal cruises planned for 2008 or 2009 thus far?

Carnival Pride in 2009.

Thank you much. They adore the Spirit Class ships, so this might be a winner. Are these bookable yet? I'm not sure why it's not coming up for me on the site. I might try to convince dh to take me and the kids too - would "sweeten the deal" for my mom to have us along ;-)

I guess this would be the Pride's repositioning cruise after the Splendor gets to town, then? Shame we're not getting the pride here in NOLA, then we'd only need one way airfare!

It's bookable.

14-Day Panama Canal Cruise, Special One-Time Six-Day Voyage

Prior to these voyages, Carnival Pride will operate a special 14-day Panama Canal cruise departing Long Beach, Calif., March 22 and arriving Miami April 5, 2009. Featured ports include Manzanillo, Mexico; and Puntarenas, Costa Rica; prior to the Panama Canal transit; followed by Cartagena, Colombia; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and George Town, Grand Cayman.

Reservations are currently being accepted for the Carnival Pride’s 2009 seven-day cruises from Miami, as well as the 14-day Panama Canal cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/pridemiami_2009.aspx

When you look at the news announcement on Carnival's web site, it says that this cruise is now open for booking but you can't find the cruise when you try to book it on the web site. I called my PVP & he says it actually isn't available to Texas cruisers until Thursday 12/20/07 & he couldn't give me a price either. Silly me, I didn't think to ask him if it was now available for booking for other states. Anyway, I gave him my credit card info & he will hold a balcony cabin for me. He says they expect this cruise to sell out the first day so if anyone is seriously interested you might call Carnival now. I'm just hoping that the price will be at least semi-reasonable. Guess I can always cancel if it's not.

Sounds like anyone thinking about this one better act quickly.

I would prefer the Carnival Pride, but it should mean Carnival Triumph will have to move, so hopefully it will finally go to New Orleans.

I read somewhere about the Triumph going to the east coast sometime in 2009 - Norfolk or somewhere? I'm crossing my fingers otherwise, but I'm losing hope for our getting a decent 7 day cruise out of New Orleans...

I'm already thinking about 2009 and considering 3 days at Disney and then a 7 day Eastern Car. cruise. That might be really fun, and MUCH cheaper than the Panama Canal cruise, since we can drive the 10 hours to Orlando. My parents want to do a big cruise, though, so I'm going to pass this info along to them. Thanks!

I read somewhere about the Triumph going to the east coast sometime in 2009 - Norfolk or somewhere? I'm crossing my fingers otherwise, but I'm losing hope for our getting a decent 7 day cruise out of New Orleans...

On Carnival's website, Triumph is listed to do the summer cruises in 2009 out of NYC to NE/Canada that Victory has been doing the past several years, with a couple cruises out of Norfolk and Charleston to the Bahamas before and after those out of NYC.

CCL does not have the prices for the March 22, 2009 Carnival Pride Panama Canal cruise. Should be this week sometime PVP has us on hold for a 8A Gty. Soon as she gets the price we wii book it. Carnival got Lots of calls for this one time cruise when it hit the News. Ports could be better but we are going. Last Carnival PCC for us was in 2002.

CCL does not have the prices for the March 22, 2009 Carnival Pride Panama Canal cruise. Should be this week sometime PVP has us on hold for a 8A Gty. Soon as she gets the price we wii book it. Carnival got Lots of calls for this one time cruise when it hit the News. Ports could be better but we are going. Last Carnival PCC for us was in 2002.

Any ideas when they will release it for booking? Tried this morning, no go. :mad:

I called last night, got a nicer person who said it should open up today. Called this am, got a grouch again and no it's not open yet:mad: My TA comes back from a trip today so I will be calling her, and will try again later on today. Can you tell I really want to do this cruise:) Just wish it was leaving out of San Diego, but oh well.......

I phoned and left a message for my PVP, so hopefully she will be able to book something for me. A Panama Canal cruise is one of my "to do" cruises, and this one looks great. I didn't even want to know about the price - just told her to book it :eek: . Will likely have to cancel my Team Splendor group cruise, though, to do this one.

Archived