Any Carnival Panama Canal Cruises in the Next Year or So?

Rowan555

The Pride was our first Spirit class ship - and we loved it.

We would DEFINITELY book the canal transit sailing, however we are already booked for a BIG April/May 2009 B2B on the Spirit...

This will therefore FREE-UP 4228/4237 for some other deserving canal cruiser!!!

Oh well... we have been TO the canal a couple of times, EVENTUALLY we will go THROUGH it!

Tom

Just got off the phone with my PVP. He said they were supposed to open the bookings this evening - but it hasn't been done yet. He has my CC info and the cabins I want and will book them as soon as it becomes available. He thinks it will be in the morning and he is calling me as soon as the bookings open. :D

Of course this means I will have to cancel my Splendor group cruise......:rolleyes: But I can't pass this up - it could be a once in a lifetime chance for me......;)

p.s. - My first cruise ever was on the Pride - how cool is that......

Just got off the phone with my PVP. He said they were supposed to open the bookings this evening - but it hasn't been done yet. He has my CC info and the cabins I want and will book them as soon as it becomes available. He thinks it will be in the morning and he is calling me as soon as the bookings open. :D

Of course this means I will have to cancel my Splendor group cruise......:rolleyes: But I can't pass this up - it could be a once in a lifetime chance for me......;)

p.s. - My first cruise ever was on the Pride - how cool is that......

Well, Kathy, guess we'll get to meet on this cruise instead of Team Splendor. :) Wonder if many others from that cruise will book this one?

Well, Kathy, guess we'll get to meet on this cruise instead of Team Splendor. :) Wonder if many others from that cruise will book this one?

Great!! Guess we will have to start a roll call. The only thing is I am going to lose my deposit with Johna - unless I find another group to book. So I am not going to officially cancel until I see how things go. Hoping another fall '09 group gets started.....Oh Chris.....:D

Just spoke with my PVP and booking still isn't available. She thinks it might be up tomorrow morning. When she came in to work today, she had 3 calls on her voice mail from people (mine was the first :) ) wanting to book this cruise.

She thinks that if as many people book as say they're going to book, and the ship fills up quickly, it might help to influence Carnival to do more Panama Canal cruises.

Just spoke with my PVP and booking still isn't available. She thinks it might be up tomorrow morning. When she came in to work today, she had 3 calls on her voice mail from people (mine was the first :) ) wanting to book this cruise.

She thinks that if as many people book as say they're going to book, and the ship fills up quickly, it might help to influence Carnival to do more Panama Canal cruises.

If I am I reading the information correctly in terms of there being 6 ports of call over 14 days? That would then equate to 7 days at sea, with the last day being the actuall day of transiting through the Panama Canal. I thought there might be a few more stops on the trip. I am interested to see what the price for a balcony will be. The Pride seems to have a number Obstructed balconys which wouldn't work well in many cases. What can the experts advice to us about booking a balconey for this transit?

Thanks.

Mike

Another call today to Carnival, finally got someone who (I think) knows what is going on. He said the 6-7 day sailings had opened up yesterday but the 14day sailing would be open to book Monday 12-24 at 9 am eastern.

Now to go and look at the Pride's layout. We've sailed her before on a Thanksgiving cruise out of Port Canaveral but it was a while back, need to decide if I want to do a guarantee or what. Anyone have a suggestions in a situation like this, when you know a ship is going to completely sell out, would I be better off to book a certain cabin??

The Pride was our first Spirit class ship - and we loved it.

We would DEFINITELY book the canal transit sailing, however we are already booked for a BIG April/May 2009 B2B on the Spirit...

This will therefore FREE-UP 4228/4237 for some other deserving canal cruiser!!!

Oh well... we have been TO the canal a couple of times, EVENTUALLY we will go THROUGH it!

Tom

Cool Tom, didn't want to have to arm wrestle ya for my cabin. :D

So how much would the deposit be for this one? Trying to think of a way to book it on the sly and tell DH about it after I convince him to go. :o

Ahh, just book it Mere. I'll find out Monday what it'll be, want me to e ya when I do? Shoot, don't think I have your addy. Let me know.

Another call today to Carnival, finally got someone who (I think) knows what is going on. He said the 6-7 day sailings had opened up yesterday but the 14day sailing would be open to book Monday 12-24 at 9 am eastern.

Now to go and look at the Pride's layout. We've sailed her before on a Thanksgiving cruise out of Port Canaveral but it was a while back, need to decide if I want to do a guarantee or what. Anyone have a suggestions in a situation like this, when you know a ship is going to completely sell out, would I be better off to book a certain cabin??

I would think if you are not to concerned about where your cabin is, book the guarantee

So how much would the deposit be for this one? Trying to think of a way to book it on the sly and tell DH about it after I convince him to go. :o

$350 pp, is what the person I spoke with this am told me.

Cool Tom, didn't want to have to arm wrestle ya for my cabin. :D

Ahh, just book it Mere. I'll find out Monday what it'll be, want me to e ya when I do? Shoot, don't think I have your addy. Let me know.

YAY!! Mere and Jess!! I hope you do this one. We have asked for aft cabins on 4 or 5. Waiting for the call on Monday to know for sure which ones we will get!!

My PVP told me $500 pp deposit. I like your number better jbhcw - I hope you are right!!

YAY!! Mere and Jess!! I hope you do this one. We have asked for aft cabins on 4 or 5. Waiting for the call on Monday to know for sure which ones we will get!!

My PVP told me $500 pp deposit. I like your number better jbhcw - I hope you are right!!

Hey Kathy, we're shooting for deck 4 too. Fingers crossed. :D

My PVP just called and said they opened up the Panama sailing. He quoted $1949 pp for a balcony plus the taxes and surcharge. Gave me a total of approximately $4500?

Seems a tad high (assuming 2 ppl). Fare plus the surcharge should be $4038. Can't believe the taxes would be $400 plus.

Seems a tad high (assuming 2 ppl). Fare plus the surcharge should be $4038. Can't believe the taxes would be $400 plus.

I was hoping for a price closer to what the Elation was this past May. The deal buster for me was too many days at sea, not enough ports.

Archived