LIVE from EXPLORER 12/23/07 Holiday Sail

ok CruiseDivaNJ here's what I found. The Boatyard in general take Visa/Mastercard etc. I found it on a travelors website so I'm guessing they take it for everything. But then I found on cruisemates.com a person that posted that they used their credit card at the Boatyard and not only did they charge them twice but they were charged a foreign currency exchange fee. So you might want to rethink using it. We plan on doing the Boatyard also so let me know how it goes.

LOVED IT! Heard others in the elevator say "it was okay", but I loved the beauty of "Nature Island". We toured the Botanical Gardens, drove through the strfeets of Roseau, went to Tralfalgar Falls, one hot fall one cold. We hiked to the falls, and waded (gee you just cant say 'swim', lol) so we waded in the pools of rushing water...WOLW it was the MOST BEAUTIFUL experience, even though I didnt want to climb and hike rocks....it was well worth it...Have the 'right' foot gear and leave bags home.

Last time I visited Dominica was about 1993 so it sure has changed a lot! Sounds beautiful. Can't wait for pictures. Have fun!

Dave Chapman is cruise director.....I wonder where Allan is? :rolleyes: Altho Dave does a fabulous job!

Hey Diva-

Allan wasn't on for very long. I was on the 11/23 cruise and I believe he'd only been back for about a month. I'm going on the 2/24 12 night and I can't wait. I'm really enjoying hearing about your trip. Do you know or can you find out when Allan will be back? Everyone in my 11/23 group loved him and we're hoping he'd be there on 2/24. Any info you could find I'd appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Jalen

Hi Diva & CC mates! Glad to hear you are having fun.

Can you tell me if there are any evenings that have special dinners for the kids? I am on the 9 day, so you don't need to be specific. On Carnival they took the kids for dinner on formal night and I am wondering if there are any nights that we will be kid-free at dinner.

Anything else you can tell me is good too. DS is 14 and DD is 11. Can they sign themselves in and out of AO or do we have to?

How slow is Cyber Cabin?

Thanks and have a GREAT time!

GOOD MORNING FROM DOMINICA!!

What a beautiful sight to wake up to a RAINBOW IN THE SKY!

LAst night was battle of the sexes but we decided not to go and to hang out at the Schooner bar with friends. Ed Manego enjoyed our company around the Piano for some bodacious singing (okay, so we wanted to embarrass our kids!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED) Even the kids enjoyed us singing (pics to follow of course,lol)

Can not really comment on the dining room since we again had dinner at Portofino. I heard it was "lamb shank", I've read across the boards through time people love and look fwd to it so I thought I wouold mention.. On the otherhand I want to mention the filet mignon again in Portofino....it is really mad good and far superior than the finest beef establishments!

Oh..there was ballroom dancing last night at Maharajas lounge and

Richard Towers at Crown & Kettle. 5:30-6:60 ( we m issed it though...boo hoo) was Martini Moments in Dizys lounge..$100 off martinis....I CANGT WAIT FOR THE MARTINI TASTING....AND FOR THE QUEST!!

BBL

Sounds to me as though you are finding some drinking opportunities there, Stacy. $100 off, eh? ;) :D :D

ok CruiseDivaNJ here's what I found. The Boatyard in general take Visa/Mastercard etc. I found it on a travelors website so I'm guessing they take it for everything. But then I found on cruisemates.com a person that posted that they used their credit card at the Boatyard and not only did they charge them twice but they were charged a foreign currency exchange fee. So you might want to rethink using it. We plan on doing the Boatyard also so let me know how it goes.

I will let you know for sure later on today if they accept credit cards for water sport rentals!! Think we might have to use cash after reading the above tho!! Lol

Dave Chapman is cruise director.....I wonder where Allan is? :rolleyes: Altho Dave does a fabulous job!

Hey Diva-

Allan wasn't on for very long. I was on the 11/23 cruise and I believe he'd only been back for about a month. I'm going on the 2/24 12 night and I can't wait. I'm really enjoying hearing about your trip. Do you know or can you find out when Allan will be back? Everyone in my 11/23 group loved him and we're hoping he'd be there on 2/24. Any info you could find I'd appreciate. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Jalen

Allan Brooks was our CD this past July. He was to go on Holiday and be back for your sail and continue on through. I didnt ask Dave, but I will...because Im curious and hope it was nothing bad that took him off Explorer. I hope he was offerred to go home to Family for the Holidays.

I will try to remember to ask Dave if he will be on board in Feb!

Hi Diva & CC mates! Glad to hear you are having fun.

Can you tell me if there are any evenings that have special dinners for the kids? I am on the 9 day, so you don't need to be specific. On Carnival they took the kids for dinner on formal night and I am wondering if there are any nights that we will be kid-free at dinner.

Anything else you can tell me is good too. DS is 14 and DD is 11. Can they sign themselves in and out of AO or do we have to?

How slow is Cyber Cabin?

Thanks and have a GREAT time!

I dont know much about Adventure ocean but from what I see the 14yo's arent involved in AO programs on this sail. Im also not sure what the age for AO is (ChristieNJ's all things explorer thread folk will have a much better answer than me) BUT I will try to find out for you. Our kids are 15 and 19 and they like to get dressed and join us for dinner both formal and casual, then we "release' them to their friends lol

Also, as for special dinners for the kids...clueless, Im sorry- but I do know that JRs is closed from 5ish to 6ish for the AO program (or there is limited seating at JRs while AO is there)

The cyber Cabin is 'fussy'. It is super speedy right now. Surprisin gly enough.....it is faster in the morning hours.

BOATYARD UPDATE: Dh just spoke to them....jet ski rentals are CASH only...there are lockers in the 'boutique' for rent- first come basis so I guess they r limited but we will find out. $15 to get into the Boatyard which includes a drink a lounge chair and cab fare back to the ship.

Sounds to me as though you are finding some drinking opportunities there, Stacy. $100 off, eh? ;) :D :D

M_M.......

ROFLMAO......I have to scroll back! lol Did I REALLY type that? hahaha!

I better lay OFF the Martinis! lol Actually, I did last night..it was a diet coke evening for me! lol

(((Denice))),

we pondered many diff beaches then decided on Megans since we've never been there (& never here to St Thomas). It is beautiful from pics so Im sure it will be beautiful irl!!

Still pondering a place to tuck a note for you to find next year!!

BTW...weather..AMAZIN G! It feels like 80 degrees and it is sunny...Not too hot where I melt! Lmao Maybe myhair wont frizzzzz out! hahaa....

BBL* Off to the BEACH to bury my toes in the sand!

Cheers!

Oh..to the poster who mentioend the Royal Suite....we have friends staying in the RS and I MUST say, it IS fab ulous! you will enjoy hanging out there too (IF you friends send an invite)

You might want to consider tucking a note on the base of the TV set, I've found numerous things belonging to other passengers in there!!

have a wonderful day!!!!! We can't wait to see your pictures!

I CANT WAIT TO POST THEM!!!

I mentioned it to DH last night.....Time is a HOT commodity on this cruise! lol (as any). I am SO looking forward to posting some. I have about 500 downloaded to my laptop already- just need to put some on photobucket & get them here!

M_M.......

ROFLMAO......I have to scroll back! lol Did I REALLY type that? hahaha!

I better lay OFF the Martinis! lol Actually, I did last night..it was a diet coke evening for me! lol

Sure it was! And I saw the Loch Ness Monster in my bathtub yesterday!

Allan Brooks was our CD this past July. He was to go on Holiday and be back for your sail and continue on through. I didnt ask Dave, but I will...because Im curious and hope it was nothing bad that took him off Explorer. I hope he was offerred to go home to Family for the Holidays.

Diva, thanks for the great on onboard reviews. We're on the next 12 nighter in two weeks. Can't wait. Do you think Allen just went home for the holidays and will be back soon? We were hoping he'd be back by our Jan 13 cruise. We had him twice on past cruises and he was great. Enjoy Barbados and the rest of your cruise. We love the boatyard. That's where we plan to spend our day in Barbados. Have fun. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

That would be great if you could do that. I'm hoping he just got to go home for the Holidays and will be back. He has been our favorite and would just not seem right with out him on the Explorer :)

Hey CruiseDivaNJ let me know how much it is to rent JetSkii's? My husband would love to rent one.

Cruznsugs - Are you on our cruise on the 13th? We plan on going to the Boatyard maybe we can hook up with you. We've been to Barbados several times and the last few we've just gone to the Boatyard and hung out for the day. The crew on the ship told us about the boatyard the first time we went there.

Cruznsugs - Are you on our cruise on the 13th? We plan on going to the Boatyard maybe we can hook up with you. We've been to Barbados several times and the last few we've just gone to the Boatyard and hung out for the day. The crew on the ship told us about the boatyard the first time we went there.

Yes we are on the 13th!!! There will probably be 8 of us going to the boatyard. Me, my husband, 4 year old daughter , my husbands aunt uncle and 3 cousins. We have 2 RFS , 12 of us all together on the cruise. Are you going to the meet and mingle? If so we can meet you there.

Yes we are on the 13th!!! There will probably be 8 of us going to the boatyard. Me, my husband, 4 year old daughter , my husbands aunt uncle and 3 cousins. We have 2 RFS , 12 of us all together on the cruise. Are you going to the meet and mingle? If so we can meet you there.

I love the Boatyard.... It's a fun cheap day at the beach. We will be at the M&M..... See you there. Can't believe it's only two weeks away. :)

Great Trip Report. . . It sounds like you are enjoying your cruise ! !:)

You are making me want to sail on an Explorer 12 Night Cruise ! ! !

Radio

;) ;)

Todays Compass said "Day 7" and I thought....."ahhhhh and many more to go!"

I know you'd LOVEEEEEE the 12 night!

See ya next year on the Holiday cruise??

Archived