Best of the NCL Fleet

shoreguy

What is Your Favorite Current NCL Ship  

448 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite Current NCL Ship

For those of you who don't recognize Shawn Farquar from his avatar, he's the [b][i]AMAZING[/i][/b] magician who has worked the Sky and the Star for NCL.

Nice to hear from you and hope you are doing well. Are you staying on the Star for a while or are you doing some landbased shows these days??

MrTractor<---------is still trying to figure out how he does it........

Howdy Mr. Tractor,

Were all home for the holidays and then we head back to the Star for another year of fun. We will jump the ship a couple of times to go to South Africa and Japan but will be there most of the year.

Thanks for the kind words . . . I'm trying to figure out some of the tricks too!

I'd have to say Pride of Aloha only for 1 reason. Only been on 1 cruise & it was on the Norwegian Sky (which is now the Pride of Aloha - right?). Anyway, had such a great time on our 1st cruise that instead of going to an "island" for a wk, we booked another cruise. Can't wait - Sun on 2/5.

Lorie

hannahsdad,
Thank you for your fantastic shows on the Star last June. They were definitely some of the highlights of our voyage!!

Although I voted for the Sun, the Star definitely had entertainment that couldn't be beat. I have never seen so many standing ovations on a cruise, or anywhere else, for that matter.

Hi zimmerjulie :( you voted for the Sun? I guess that's cool...it's much like the Sky...

I read your kind review of your trip in June and was pleased to hear you had a blast. I have to agree that I am surrounded by the most incredible cast of entertainers, singers, dancers, commedians, actors, etc...it kind of makes a guy sweat each time he steps on stage...

thanks for standing...

I think 6 months after a cruise is a good time to look back and reflect. All of the mundane details have settled out of the brain and the memories consist mostly of the very special things. I think I'll write my reviews for personal use after this amount of time has passed. :)

My children still talk about the snow falling in the theater and the shooting trick:) . We were blown away by the magic and further charmed by the humor and enthusiasm of your show, Shawn. As my older daughter would say, "You rule".

Maybe we should start another poll about "favorite" based on other aspects:) . That would be fun, too.

I will have to agree with one of the other posts about the SUN because I have been on her and helped name her. Have been on almost every NCL ship that has been in their fleet since the mid 70's except the Leeward, and the Norway will always be my favorite ship!!!! Each ship is special in their own way. Nothing can ever compare to or take the place of the Norway!!!

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='leslee']I will have to agree with one of the other posts about the SUN because I have been on her and helped name her. Have been on almost every NCL ship that has been in their fleet since the mid 70's except the Leeward, and the Norway will always be my favorite ship!!!! Each ship is special in their own way. Nothing can ever compare to or take the place of the Norway!!![/QUOTE]
Leslie, you are so right; each ship does have it's own personality. We, unfortunitely never got to cruise the Norway. We were booked for sailing not long after the explusion. I was one of those who kept the faith and was sure she would come back. I am partial to older in many ways, older houses, older ships, older moral values, guess I am either a traditionalist, a conservatie, older myself or maybe all of the above.......LOL

• 1 month later...
The Dawn being our first NCL experience we were obviously spoiled, ship is fantastic, crew wonderful, can't say enough about them and the best thing being less then 50 miles from home port, we literally took a cab to the harbor, can't wait for our next cruise 7/05

LadyHill:)

Archived