Best of the NCL Fleet

shoreguy

What is Your Favorite Current NCL Ship  

448 members have voted

1. 1. What is Your Favorite Current NCL Ship

I have been on the majesty, sea and Dawn. I would have to say the dawn due to many reasons that have already been posted on the board. I think that the wide range of chioces that you have concering food, activity etc. Also, I can not leave out That it is a beauitful ship and handles well in rough weather.

I am not too fond of the sea. We did have a wonderful cruise though.

I do enjoy the majesty to bermuda. The crew and service are wonderful. The deck parities are wonderful and entertaining. The majesty really puts you in the party mood. you do seem to receive a little more personal attention on the majesty because it is a smaller ship. I have gotten to know many of th crew well. The only draw back for me is that because it is a smaler ship, when the seas become rough, your in for quit a ride. I enjoy a little rocking but a couple of times :eek:

Anyway I feel no matter what ncl ship, freestyle is the way to go and ncl has been successful in sticking out their necks to try different ways to please their cruisers. Who was the one who said that sailing out of NY during the winter would not work?:p

Marie

This poll is a pretty amazing recognition of the popularity of the Sun. The Dawn should have a tremendous advantage, considering she sails out of New York year round and draws upon the immense population of the Northeast. Meanwhile, the Sun is limited by the competition of the port of Miami and Alaskan cruises in the summer. To draw 25% of the vote compared to 33% for the Dawn, is quite a remarkable achievement for the Sun....and testifies to her outstanding combination of size, crew, ambiance and intineries.

We have only sailed the Wind, Sky (POA),and Sun of the current fleet. I rank Sun as the best of the bunch and among the top ships we've been on including RCCL, Celebrity, and HAL

I agree 100% and have been on the sames lines as you. I did love the Sea several years ago when it was the Seaward: will be doing her one last time in November for old time sake, but, of course she is very different from the newer, larger, glitzier ships. Best thing about the Sea are the people who sail her and the friendly crew. The Sun is just everything you could want in a ship. NMnita

Simple - pole but hard to answer. I love the Sun and it's crew, been on the ship twice, and would return again. I created the pole and had to vote.

I selected the Dawn (3 cruises) as the best ship, not the best itinerary, crew, or shows but ship. Had I been on the Star it would have to be a coin toss. The Dawn in my view improved more things then it eliminated from the Sun.

What put the Dawn over the top - Showers in standard cabins, Expanded dining options,The Star Bar,The Garden Villa (even if I will never cruise in one), and the spa pool area.

I do miss the Great Outdoor Cafe on the Sun's fantail. I like the pool area better on the Sun as well.

Looking to the future the Jewel may be even better but I can't say that for the Pride of America based on the Deckplans and drawings.

Looking back I wish the Norway was still in the Fleet. Maybe not the best but still my favorite.

My 2 cruises have been limited to the Sun and the Sea. Between those 2, obviously the Sun wins, even thought we had a wonderful time on the Sea.

Great idea for a poll! It will help me decide what ship my next cruise should be on. :D

I voted for the Star, but I've also been on the Dawn, and it was a toss-up

between the two We did the Star when she was sailing the Hawaii

itinerary and the Dawn from Miami to the Caribbean. Both of them were

wonderful and I'm sure we'll sail on one of them again. My wife is a pool

person and she was crazy about the lap pool in the spa area. And while

she was doing her laps, I was able to loll on a lounge chair and gaze out

the back watching the waters churn behind us. Also, the show lounge

on those two is the best of any ship we've ever been on. The way

the theater is laid out there is probably not a bad seat in the house and

it's sloped so well that no one blocks your view no matter how tall they

may be. NCL did a great job when those two were built.

So far we have only been on the Sun and the Sea. So I picked the Sun . Going on the Dawn in Nov.so we'll see. We were on 9th floor inside Cat II this was a beautiful rm with a sitting area and why we decide to book immediately for the Dawn. No such rm on the Dawn they did away with the sitting area. Dh wanted a balcony and thats what we booked. I'm glad I didn't get my way on the inside rm I would have been sooo disappointed. So my vote goes to the Sun.

the Norway is my sentimental favorite, nothing else like her. but i voted for the Sun, cruised her last dec. in a BC balcony, lovely and will return this dec. in a AF minisuite overlooking the stern! the Wind is also a favorite, loved the CC outside and the crew was the best! also hope to sail the Sea before she departs, most likely in april. but the Spirit really has me intrigued, the 9 day sounds wonderful. hey, how about that for a ship name? Norwegian Intrigue... ;)

I've been on the Dawn, Sea, Sky and Crown. I have to go with the Dawn, mainly because of the variety of restaurants available.

John

You need to try the Sun sometime. They fixed the major issues with the SKY but it is still more of a ship then the DAWN. Lots of dark wood and a great crew.

We have been on 8 different lines and many cruises. As far as choices on NCL. We have been on the Sun, Star and the Dawn. In our opinion the choice is the Dawn,with the Star a close second. Both ships compare favorably with most of the upper scale lines that we have been on. The Dawn is preferred by us because of the dining,and the ships decor. It is a lot less Gawdy than the Star.

I'm back again with another reason for choosing the Star over the Sun...We liked the Blue Lagoon 24 hour cafe and I don't recall having that on the Sun. Like I said, this is not to take away from the Sun because we had two great cruises with wonderful cruise directors and staff on both. But the hot wings at the Blue Lagoon were a plus!

Luanne

Archived