Radio

SAT- Bon Voyage Dinner

SUN- Captains Gala Dinner-Formal

Mon- Venetian Feast

TUES- Crown and Anchor Dinner

WED- Chef’s Dinner-Formal

THUR- Surf Dinner

FRI- Feast of Nations

Radio - thank you for this very informative thread! Do you have more info on the menus? I'm highly allergic to seafood and the only answer I can get out of RCI is "check with the maitre d' when you board"

Radio- Thank you so much! I'll be on Liberty for the Jan. 26th cruise.

I have one question, please. Did you find the temperature in the cabin comfortable? I tend to be warm natured and wondered if I needed to pack a small fan.

Again, many thanks!

Sorry Radio, but I think you missed my original post.

Radio - thank you for this very informative thread! Do you have more info on the menus? I'm highly allergic to seafood and the only answer I can get out of RCI is "check with the maitre d' when you board"

Every night the Menu contains at least one Poultry, Seafood, Veggie, and Meat, and Pasta Entree.

You should have no worries. . .

Radio

;) ;)

To karenbf:

The cabin stayed extremely cool all week.

I had to turn the temp to warm in the middle of the night on 2 occasions, because it was so cold.

I don't think you need to bring a fan. . .

Radio

;) ;)

I enjoyed your cruise Radio, I will be aboard Liberty this coming Saturday for the Atlantis Charter. One quick question, are pool towels still availabe around the pool as in the past, or do crew members "check them out" to you by taking your S&S number? Another review mentioned one has to check them out and return them by 6pm.

Thanks again, g

I enjoyed your cruise Radio, I will be aboard Liberty this coming Saturday for the Atlantis Charter. One quick question, are pool towels still availabe around the pool as in the past, or do crew members "check them out" to you by taking your S&S number? Another review mentioned one has to check them out and return them by 6pm.

Thanks again, g

Yeah , you still show your Sea Pass card to check them out, but they told me I just need to return them by the last night of the Cruise. I did that, and did not get charged for the towels.

The towels had an RCI logo on them, and I think that is why they ask you to check it out with your Sea Pass card.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the live trip report! I really enjoyed reading all about it.

One quick question...I noticed from your pictures that your cabin was toward the back of the ship on the starboard side. We will be sailing in May and our cabins are in the back also. We have always sailed midship, and I am getting a little concerned about motion. Did you notice whether you felt more motion with your room being toward the back?

To karenbf:

The cabin stayed extremely cool all week.

I had to turn the temp to warm in the middle of the night on 2 occasions, because it was so cold.

I don't think you need to bring a fan. . .

Radio

;) ;)

I appreciate your feedback. The Crown Princess last year would have been unbearable without the fan we brought. We left it for the steward and she was very thankful. I'm glad to know I won't have to devote suitcase space for a small appliance!

Thanks so much for the live trip report! I really enjoyed reading all about it.

One quick question...I noticed from your pictures that your cabin was toward the back of the ship on the starboard side. We will be sailing in May and our cabins are in the back also. We have always sailed midship, and I am getting a little concerned about motion. Did you notice whether you felt more motion with your room being toward the back?

I dont think there was much motion at all, however we were sailing in extremely calm seas.

Radio

;) ;)

Here are a few more pics that I forgot to post during the Cruise. . .

I may post a few more as I edit the 100's of pics I took.

Thanks to all for all of the very nice comments !

Radio

Liberty Links on Deck 13 AFT

c1.jpg

Wipe Out ! Bar on Deck 13 AFT (Next to FlowRider)

C17.jpg

Glass Bridge near Centrum AFT Deck 5 (Exploration and Pursers Desk is to the left, and Champagne Bar is on the right)

c2.jpg

Last Tender from Labadee on Thursday

c8.jpg

Calm Blue Seas on Friday

c12.jpg

Thank you Radio for the wealth of information and the awesome pictures. We will be sailing the western on 2-9. I am excited to go to Labadee. I didn't want to wear my swimsuit, can you tell me if there are changing facilities and if I need to bring a towel or are they available at the beach area? Also what do you do with your camera etc if you go in the water or is it safe to leave your things by your lounge chair. Again thanks so much I feel like I've already been on Liberty!

Lorey

Thank you Radio for the wealth of information and the awesome pictures. We will be sailing the western on 2-9. I am excited to go to Labadee. I didn't want to wear my swimsuit, can you tell me if there are changing facilities and if I need to bring a towel or are they available at the beach area? Also what do you do with your camera etc if you go in the water or is it safe to leave your things by your lounge chair. Again thanks so much I feel like I've already been on Liberty!

Lorey

The place I went to in St Maarten had changing facilities, and towels available. There was a Cruise Ship Passenger near me who watched my stuff. I think however, that the beach I was at was very safe.

Radio

Nice report!! thanks for all the information. I'm headed out for my first cruise in April on the FOS.

So what happened with the guy that got tossed off the boat back in December?:D There's always two sides of every story. we know his side.:D What did you find out?

Radio,

Thank you thank you thank you! You've made my week! We won't be on the Liberty until Nov. 1st but you've given me lots of ideas and great pictures to look at once in awhile before we go.

I can't say thank you enough for your time, your thoughts and your willingness to share your vacation with all of us!

See you on the "Radio"!

Jan

Hi Radio, once again thank you for your great pictures and reviews!! I have noticed that in most of your photos (Liberty and others) there are no people in it. You must get up very early in the morning to capture the "empty" ship!! :eek:

I asked then when I arrived there, and Starbucks told me 9PM is closing time.

I love Starbucks ! :)

Radio

Thanks for the info! Will be nice to get some after all we've heard about the ships' coffee. :)

Radio - 2 words - YOU ROCK!!! :D Thanks SO much for giving of your time to post these great pictures and give us your live review!!! We greatly appreciate it!! We will be on Liberty in a little over a week and we can't wait, your thread helped us speed these last few weeks along!! :D :D THANKS AGAIN!!!

Thanks so much Radio, for the entertaining thread, and for your help.

One more question, if you don't mind ... we're traveling with my extended family, and my mother made the reservations through a travel agent. RCI won't answer my questions about ground transportation - they say I have to ask the TA. I want to fly in and out through Fort Lauderdale (Southwest doesn't serve Miami, but they're the best option for me from my home airport). All I'm trying to find out is whether I can get ground transportation between the pier and FLL. Do you know if that's an option?

One more question, if you don't mind ... we're traveling with my extended family, and my mother made the reservations through a travel agent. RCI won't answer my questions about ground transportation - they say I have to ask the TA. I want to fly in and out through Fort Lauderdale (Southwest doesn't serve Miami, but they're the best option for me from my home airport). All I'm trying to find out is whether I can get ground transportation between the pier and FLL. Do you know if that's an option?

You should be able to purchase a Ground Transfer from RCI from FLL to the Pier and Back for $56 PP R/T.

There are also Xfer options like Super Shuttle. that might be a little cheaper. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Here are some things I loved about the Cruise !

Radio

I LOVED the Ice Show "Encore" in Studio -B-

k8.jpg

I Loved being able to see Radiance in San Juan ( I want to sail Radiance SOON ! !)

d7.jpg

I Loved Labadee

k11.jpg

Of course I loved FlowRider

k5.jpg

I loved my cruise on Liberty of the Seas !

g4.jpg

We also fly into FLL. We've taken the bus transfers from RCI, hopped on a shared van outside the airport, and grabbed a taxi from the airport. To pick from the 3, I'd choose the RCI transfers last simply because if you have an early flight, you MAY have to wait around a long time before the bus leaves.

Archived