"LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas/ 1-05-08

Radio

Thanks Radio for bringing back so many wonderful memories. We were on the LOS doing a back to back in November. I think I prefer the Eastern side as it visits my favourite port, St Maartens, but it was great doing both as we had 2 fabulous days in Labadee. We had an Aft cabin on deck 7 (7708) which, as it was on the corner, had an extra large balcony - great.

Enjoyed sharing your cruise with you and you posted some fabulous photos. I took some wicked shots myself, but nothing compared to you.

Enjoy your next cruise in March and we look forward to your next online review.

Once again thanks for the memories

Take Care

Thanks Radio for bringing back so many wonderful memories. We were on the LOS doing a back to back in November. I think I prefer the Eastern side as it visits my favourite port, St Maartens, but it was great doing both as we had 2 fabulous days in Labadee. We had an Aft cabin on deck 7 (7708) which, as it was on the corner, had an extra large balcony - great.

Enjoyed sharing your cruise with you and you posted some fabulous photos. I took some wicked shots myself, but nothing compared to you.

Enjoy your next cruise in March and we look forward to your next online review.

Once again thanks for the memories

Take Care

Hi, Irene,

I would LOVE to hear about your back-to-back on the Liberty as we're doing that in May! We sailed on the inaugural last May, 2007, and loved it sooooo much. We've NEVER done a b2b cruise, though, and are extremely excited about the idea of staying on for that second week.

We've been to all the ports before except for St. Maarten. I was interested to read that that's your favorite port. Do you do anything special there that you could suggest?

Basically, I'd love to hear about your b2b and any special notes about such a cruise ... suggestions, thoughts, observations ... really, anything!

Thank you,

Lynn

Radio,

I have so enjoyed your live post this past week. I know I echo everyone when I say thank you so much for taking the time to do this! Everyday I really felt like in a way I was on the cruise too!!

We leave on Feb 16 on the Liberty This really got me super excited for my cruise! I just can't wait to go! Anyway, hope you had a wonderful time and thanks again for bringing the joy of cruising to everyone stuck at home!! :o

Hi BecciBoo. . . I posted my response on the original post of the incident. I dont want this thread to be "poofed" :(

Radio

;) ;)

Radio - Let me begin with a big Thank You for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. You are truly kind to take time from your vacation to share your cruising experience with us.

Now, I've tried to locate the op about the incident. Can't find it. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

I noticed something yesterday that I hadn’t been aware of. Several cabins Aft of mine; there is a balcony in front of a cabin. But it wasn’t a balcony cabin.

It was a standard Ocean View cabin, with a balcony that wasn’t accessible by passengers.

This happens on deck 6, 7, and Deck 10. it is only on the Aft of the ship. . . See below:

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;)

Starboard Aft

S15.jpg

Deck 7 / Dividers Open / Looking Aft from my Cabin

S7.jpg

The Ocean View Balcony

S8.jpg

S9.jpg

Radio - Let me begin with a big Thank You for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. You are truly kind to take time from your vacation to share your cruising experience with us.

Now, I've tried to locate the op about the incident. Can't find it. Can someone help me?

Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

It can be found here :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=690230

Radio

;) ;)

These are my last views of the beautiful Liberty of the Seas. . . from the top of the RCI Parking Garage.

Now is where the work comes in for my. . . To edit and caption hundreds of photos from my trip.

There are hundreds of pics that have not been posted. . . It will take a while to get these pics up to my Photo Album.

Radio

;) ;)

Cruise Ships at the Port of Miami on Debarkation Day

S18.jpg

The wonderful Solarium Whirpool ! :D

S14.jpg

I would love to sail the Beautiful Liberty of the Seas again soon !

S17.jpg

Radio -

Got a question for you....

Last year on our AOS B2b, We brought along our laptop but decided not to buy the package for the cabin as we were told the connection is unreliable and SLOW. So the laptop sat unused for the entire 2 weeks! We used RC Online, which was also pretty slow at times.

Obviously you used your laptop on this cruise - how was the connection? I would like to do a live report from the AOS (I don't think there has been one yet!) but I don't want to frustrate myself (or those on CC waiting for my posts!) if the connection is really slow. If you can give me some info, that would be great!

Plus, are there areas on the ship where you can use your laptop? I'm not all that computer savvy when it comes to wireless connections.....unless of course I am sitting in my living room (like I am right now) on my lap top.

Thanks for your help :)

The Liberty of the Seas (and Freedom ) is a little different from the rest of the fleet.

There is no Cybercabin option. There are 2 choices for Internet:

#1. Royal Caribbean On-Line (Internet Cafe`) This option is extremely slow (45-60kps) You can purchase packages of minutes to get the cost down to .36/min (It used to be .30/min, but the price has gone up)

#2. Wi-Fi. With this option, you can use your lapton ANYWHERE on the ship, including all cabins. This method is the same price as the internet cafe`, but it is much faster (350-450kps) It is still not as fast as your High Speed Internet at home, but it is very good.

The Adventure of the Seas and all other Voyager Class ships are a little different. You can get Wi-Fi for your laptop, but you will have a signal only in the HotSpot areas on the ship. Some cabins do have access if they are near some of the Hot Spots.

They also offer a Cybercabin option, that hooks your laptop with a special cable to your cabin, This option is the same speed as the Internet Cafe`(45-60kps), but There is a set price for Cybercabin that gives you Unlimited use throughout the Cruise. The price varies per cruise (usually about $10-$12 per day)

Radio

;) ;)

The Liberty of the Seas (and Freedom ) is a little different from the rest of the fleet.

There is no Cybercabin option. There are 2 choices for Internet:

#1. Royal Caribbean On-Line (Internet Cafe`) This option is extremely slow (45-60kps) You can purchase packages of minutes to get the cost down to .36/min (It used to be .30/min, but the price has gone up)

#2. Wi-Fi. With this option, you can use your lapton ANYWHERE on the ship, including all cabins. This method is the same price as the internet cafe`, but it is much faster (350-450kps) It is still not as fast as your High Speed Internet at home, but it is very good.

The Adventure of the Seas and all other Voyager Class ships are a little different. You can get Wi-Fi for your laptop, but you will have a signal only in the HotSpot areas on the ship. Some cabins do have access if they are near some of the Hot Spots.

They also offer a Cybercabin option, that hooks your laptop with a special cable to your cabin, This option is the same speed as the Internet Cafe`(45-60kps), but There is a set price for Cybercabin that gives you Unlimited use throughout the Cruise. The price varies per cruise (usually about $10-$12 per day)

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks!!! I appreciate the info :)

Radio, how were the production shows and the ice show?

What was the theme, or what were they about?

Also, did you mention that the formal nights for both eastern and western were the same, because I'm going on western in October? If so, what are they?

Thanks!

Hi Radio,

Great daily reports....wondering what your sea days were like temp wise...also little divi bay..how much did you pay for chairs/drinks, etc.

We have done the rccl excursion there but we thought we would do our own and stay longer.

Thanks.

Radio, how were the production shows and the ice show?

What was the theme, or what were they about?

Also, did you mention that the formal nights for both eastern and western were the same, because I'm going on western in October? If so, what are they?

Thanks!

The ice Show "Encore" was the best( I went twice !). . .It was themed on different cultures around the world. . . the productions shows were good, but not great. There was a Musical / Dance Show, and Romance Show. I will get the names when I return home !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ENCORE in Studio B

ICE1.jpg

The Skaters were Great !

W35.jpg

Hi Radio,

Great daily reports....wondering what your sea days were like temp wise...also little divi bay..how much did you pay for chairs/drinks, etc.

We have done the rccl excursion there but we thought we would do our own and stay longer.

Thanks.

The sea days were all windy, but warm with little rain.

The Little Divi Bay Resort charged me $10 for a lounge Chair and Umbrella for all day.

Radio

;) ;)

Radio -

Obviously you used your laptop on this cruise - how was the connection? I would like to do a live report from the AOS (I don't think there has been one yet!) but I don't want to frustrate myself (or those on CC waiting for my posts!) if the connection is really slow. If you can give me some info, that would be great!

Now that you have received the info from Radio, do you think that you will do a live report? I would just love that. We were on the AOS in March 2007, and loved our cruise. Unfortunately we cannot cruise this March, but if you do a live report, I can e-cruise with you.

The ice Show "Encore" was the best( I went twice !). . .It was themed on different cultures around the world. . . the productions shows were good, but not great. There was a Musical / Dance Show, and Romance Show. I will get the names when I return home !

Thanks Radio.

I heard that the ice show as amazing, but I didn't know that the production shows were okay, not great.

On the Freedom, I have to say that they had the best production shows and ice show I've seen.

As requested. . . I did find out that they do allow small babies to use one of the pools in the H20 zone, The picture is posted below ! It is a very shallow pool that is separate from the main pool in the H20 Zone.The maximum depth is only 1 inch.

I forgot to mention that the time to Little Divi Bay Resort was about 10-15min. . . It is very quick.

Here are a few more pics until tomorrow. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

More beautiful Water

SXM42.jpg

Nice Welcome Home banner for the Disney Magic

SXM40.jpg

Security

SXM48.jpg

A view of the FWD Spa Balconies

SXM59.jpg

Baby Splash pool

SXM60.jpg

Thank you for the picture Radio - I appreciate your help!! Our cruise sets sail two weeks from yesterday!!!

Hi Radio,

As everyone else, my family and I loved your reports and pictures. We've been on FOS twice and this brought back wonderful memories.

2 questions if you'd be so kind -

1-What ship will you be on in March. (sorry if you already replied). We will be on the Mariner of the Seas in April and your reports will be a great precursor to our trip.

2-My DW insists you are getting your rooms comped for this service. Could yuo settle this bet we have if you are getting that or anything else 'extra' from the cruise line.

Thanks again,

Knuckles

Radio, I think you have set the bar higher for all others that want to do your "live" style of broadcasting. This has become an Q & A forum also. Great job doing it for all of us. I'm afraid some will be expecting more out of you the next time around :eek: . Might even have to get a production crew to help with the uploads and stuff:D

Thanks for what you've done.

Hi Radio, >SNIP<

1-What ship will you be on in March. (sorry if you already replied). We will be on the Mariner of the Seas in April and your reports will be a great precursor to our trip.

2-My DW insists you are getting your rooms comped for this service. Could yuo settle this bet we have if you are getting that or anything else 'extra' from the cruise line.

Thanks again,

Knuckles

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

I am not sure what ship I will be on in March. . . I usually am not able to book until a few weeks before the sailing.

My rooms are not comped. My internet access is not comped. (I wished it was !)

Radio

;) ;)

I've been reading your posts and it has really gotten me even more excited (if that is possible) for our cruise next week. Just wondering if any of the crew mentioned the charter that starts next Saturday?

The ship is sold out and I heard they typically have to bring on extra Grey Goose vodka because they run out. Our cruise is not the typical Liberty cruise because we're going to Turks, Labadee and St. Thomas.

Thanks again, you're pictures were wonderful.

Radio, I think you have set the bar higher for all others that want to do your "live" style of broadcasting. This has become an Q & A forum also. Great job doing it for all of us. I'm afraid some will be expecting more out of you the next time around :eek: . Might even have to get a production crew to help with the uploads and stuff:D

Thanks for what you've done.

Ha ha. . .That is very nice of you to say, but I have been doing "Live" posts for since I signed up to cruise Critic in 2000 !

This "Live" post was easier to do because of a pretty stable internet connection. Some time when I sail, the internet is down for hours or sometimes even days !

Thanks again !

Radio

;) ;)

Hi, Radio,

I've been living vicariously through your live posts! Thank you soooo much. Our b2b on Liberty is in May and you've driving us even crazier than we were (if possible) with your photos.

I have a quick question. Your photos are FABULOUS, and we're considering buying a new smaller camera than what we have. The one we're looking at is the Canon SD 950, and it's 12.1 megapixel. How do you scale your photos down for posting online and on the cruise boards? Do you have special software to do this? I want to make sure I wouldn't be making a mistake (do you think I would?) buying such a high megapixel camera? Basically, I'd like to know how YOU reduce the size of your photos to make them more useable online.

Thank you so much!!!

Lynn

I've been reading your posts and it has really gotten me even more excited (if that is possible) for our cruise next week. Just wondering if any of the crew mentioned the charter that starts next Saturday?

The ship is sold out and I heard they typically have to bring on extra Grey Goose vodka because they run out. Our cruise is not the typical Liberty cruise because we're going to Turks, Labadee and St. Thomas.

Thanks again, you're pictures were wonderful.

I never heard a word about it, but i did hear on CC, that there would be a charter.

I have to go now and catch the Train ! I will check in later today. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Archived