DVD Players

Cruzin' Daddy

Perhaps the poster wants to fall asleep to an obscure Scandinavian comedy or any other movie/ program that you wouldn't find Carnival airing on the shipboard TVs. :p

I can imagine DVD players can be connected to the TVs- most of them seem to be pretty standard products and would probobly have A/V jacks. But then again, don't take my word on that- the TV's are bolted to the corner of the walls if memory serves me right. I could imagine security not being too happy about you bringing a DVD player onboard either, but why I have no idea.

DH would never travel without his laptop. So, if I really wanted to watch a DVD, I could use that. However, I must say, I have never spent enough time in my cabin to watch a DVD. If I'm in my cabin, I'm asleep. ;)

I've taken my portable DVD player with me on the last couple of cruises (Pride, Miracle) Neither one of the TV's had any A/V jacks on the front or the back. I always travel with it, not to many TVs in hotels have the jacks either. They must make some special models just for hotels and such to keep the cost down?

On a recent Carnival cruise we had the grandkid and took the usual complete audio/video assortment along. Nothing short of removing all the surround cabinet would allow access to the input of the in-room tv.

She wound up settling for the 9" display on her portable DVD player.

:confused:

Bring a portable DVD player. (7" & 10" very reasonably priced). They come with standard plug, car lighter plug and small recharg. battery pac. I brought mine to Tabyana Beach in Honduras. Watched "Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood" while sitting under a palm tree. lol.

Archived