For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

What did they charge you for you cab to Old San Juan and back? Where did you pick up the cab for your return trip back to the ship?

Last time we did this, it was something like $15 to $20 for the taxi, each way. On the way back, we picked up the taxi in front of the Columbus monument. There was a line of taxis waiting there.

What did they charge you for you cab to Old San Juan and back? Where did you pick up the cab for your return trip back to the ship?

It is always easy to get a cab back to the Pan American pier from in front of the down town piers. Since there is usually a Carnival ship embarking on the same day as Adventure there is plenty of cab activity in the area. The last time that we did this it was $10.00 each way but we have not done the Pan Am pier- town- Pan Am pier in a while so it may have gone up in cost.

November we stayed on board, met in the imperial lounge then lunch in the dining room. Friends of ours went into town and found no problems leaving and reboarding. The new sea passes were delivered our cabin on the last night of the first week.

Does this mean you did not have to disembark at all? I was under the impression that all B2B guests now have to disembark even if they already have their new sea pass cards and their In Transit cards...

Looking for clarification if possible :rolleyes:

3 weeks from this very minute I will be in line at the Port!!!!!

Does this mean you did not have to disembark at all? I was under the impression that all B2B guests now have to disembark even if they already have their new sea pass cards and their In Transit cards...

I was on the same B2B and we did not have to leave though we did spend a lot of time going to the lounge a few times whilst they sorted it out..... more to do with the delay in getting passengers OFF the first cruise before they could start boarding the 2nd cruise.

Why can't people remember the anticipation that they had and wanting to get on the ship when their cruise was starting and then give the new arrivals a break and get the heck off when their cruise is over?

I know right? Those passengers who linger until the very last second and basically have to have their names called over the PA system before they finally realize....hey! the cruise is over and I should probably go now :o

One of my favorite things to do is watch these folks on turnaround day from my table just outside the Cafe Promenade - they really don't want to get off the ship!!! :rolleyes:

I was on the same B2B and we did not have to leave though we did spend a lot of time going to the lounge a few times whilst they sorted it out..... more to do with the delay in getting passengers OFF the first cruise before they could start boarding the 2nd cruise.

Thanks Linda - that is the way I have always known it, but someone posted otherwise and confused me :rolleyes: Hopefully we can just stay onboard, although we have not decided if we are going to head into OSJ for a few hours?

Thanks Linda - that is the way I have always known it, but someone posted otherwise and confused me :rolleyes: Hopefully we can just stay onboard, although we have not decided if we are going to head into OSJ for a few hours?

I can give you some recommendations for stuff to do there.;):D

Thanks everyone. I am not familiar with where we are docked but it sounds like its not the same as I remember. When we stopped in PR a few years ago, we were able to walk around and not have to take a cab. I thought we were downtown where the shopping was. (I want to go to the Coach outlet) now I am confused.

Thanks everyone. I am not familiar with where we are docked but it sounds like its not the same as I remember. When we stopped in PR a few years ago, we were able to walk around and not have to take a cab. I thought we were downtown where the shopping was. (I want to go to the Coach outlet) now I am confused.

RCCL embarks and disembarks at the Pan Am Pier, not the one in Old San Juan. There is NOTHING there, and nothing you can walk to. To go sight seeing in between a B2B you need to grab a cab into town or wherever it is you want to go. If you are boarding / leaving you have to use a cab (unless you have prearranged transport of course).

Here is a map to help :

mapandpier.gif

Robyn : I would seriously consider getting off and going to see something.... the morning is pretty much wasted waiting to be called to go through the process.... just my opinion. The special Lunch isn't worth the wait.

RCI cruises that stop in San Juan as a port of call use the down town piers where you can walk to everything. RCI cruises that originate or terminate in San Juan use the Pan American pier which is across the bay from Old San Juan where you can't walk to just about anything.

I've been to the Coach Outlet and also to the Dooney & Bourke - both are worthwhile :D

Actually you can walk to Old San Juan from the Pan Am pier if you want to. I could do it but haven't. I know a 70 year old single man who has done it. We have walked from the far end of downtown to Condado. It's less than 2 miles - about the same as to the pier. Some days would just be too hot. It's about a 40 minute walk.

Why can't people remember the anticipation that they had and wanting to get on the ship when their cruise was starting and then give the new arrivals a break and get the heck off when their cruise is over?

We just got off AOS on the 13th, in defense, we had the first luggage tag number off (were traveling with a non C&A couple) and they didn't release us until 9:00 (we were in port by 7:00am) the last scheduled departure was at 11:30:eek:

Don't you know my buddies David and Cynthia? Will they still be on board for next week? I can't remember. If you see them......be sure and tell them that Jane and John say hello!

hi Jane, yes we do know Cynthia & David, sadly they left as we got on board. We're having a great time though and have met up with other friends from the USA who always cruise at this time of year.

Carol

The last 2 Sundays everyone has had to go off the ship and through the terminal, then back on & a consecutive cruisers lunch. Last week apparently, the turnaround was a disaster but yesterday was a breeze.

We always leave the ship and walk into Old San Juan, returning about 2.30. No-one even looked at our passports yesterday.

The last 2 Sundays everyone has had to go off the ship and through the terminal, then back on & a consecutive cruisers lunch. Last week apparently, the turnaround was a disaster but yesterday was a breeze.

We always leave the ship and walk into Old San Juan, returning about 2.30. No-one even looked at our passports yesterday.

You walk to Old San juan?? wow....counting down the sundays till we board with Robyn!!! Whoo hooo!!!!

AOS was my very first cruise and is still my most favorite. The staff were unbelievable and although I hold all RCCL staff in high regards, the staff we had on AOS were our favorite thus far. I still remember all their names and we were sure to take pics of all of them because we knew we would miss them so much! The itinerary was also great. We love all of our cruises, but we always long for our AOS and the time we had on her! We hope to voyage on her again someday!

AOS was my very first cruise and is still my most favorite. The staff were unbelievable and although I hold all RCCL staff in high regards, the staff we had on AOS were our favorite thus far. I still remember all their names and we were sure to take pics of all of them because we knew we would miss them so much! The itinerary was also great. We love all of our cruises, but we always long for our AOS and the time we had on her! We hope to voyage on her again someday!

well come join us....three couples from delaware will be on board for two weeks feb 17!!!

I finally decided we needed to try the Adventure of the Seas after many conversations on here with Robyn and Ocean Boy. We did a b2b last february..superbowl weekend ....we had a blast....the best service in the dining room in our 26 cruises. I have already contacted the restaurant operations manager to see if our waiters are still on board this ship for our cruise. So its very exciting for us. hope you will join us on board one day. Already have two weeks next year booked for adventure already.

well come join us....three couples from delaware will be on board for two weeks feb 17!!!

I finally decided we needed to try the Adventure of the Seas after many conversations on here with Robyn and Ocean Boy. We did a b2b last february..superbowl weekend ....we had a blast....the best service in the dining room in our 26 cruises. I have already contacted the restaurant operations manager to see if our waiters are still on board this ship for our cruise. So its very exciting for us. hope you will join us on board one day. Already have two weeks next year booked for adventure already.

Another "Dela-weanie" here looking forward to sailing on AOS! We board on Easter Sunday.

Oh you are torturing me!!! I wish!!! It would be fun to get together. Our lil ol state is small, but we still represent! I'm envious of you....AOS and b2b???? My dream!

Archived