All things Independence of the Seas

Some question regarding our 05-05-2010 cruise with Independence.

Is a sauna/steamroom connected to fitness-center and for free ?

Does Independence have an outside 'promenade-deck' (where-above the lifeboats are hanging) where you can walk around the ship, in stead of just walking around on upper deck ?

Are sushi's, maki, sashimi available during lunch in Windjammer cafe ?

Do they provide tea / coffee in the cabin ?

Thank for answers.

Noorderdam.

12 more days for me!!!:D:D

We are taking my in-law's for their 50th anniversary. The largest ship they have sailed is Radiance, so I can't wait to see their faces when they see Indy......priceless!:)

hopefully you will find the time when yo get back to post reviews! we are going in March - eastern, and it has been hard to find anything since the christmas/holiday reviews.......

thanks so much in advance!!!!! :D

Some question regarding our 05-05-2010 cruise with Independence.

Is a sauna/steamroom connected to fitness-center and for free ? Yes, I think so.

Does Independence have an outside 'promenade-deck' (where-above the lifeboats are hanging) where you can walk around the ship, in stead of just walking around on upper deck ? Yes, deck 4 and up on to the foredeck(unless its closed due to inclement weather etc)

Are sushi's, maki, sashimi available during lunch in Windjammer cafe ? Yes, normally on the port side of the WJ

Do they provide tea / coffee in the cabin ?They provide a kettle and tea, sugar, plastic pot milk and cardboard cups. If you need instant coffee, bring it with you. We also 'borrowed' some hot chocolate sachets from the cafe and WJ and got cartons of milk from the WJ each day. Borrow a mug from the WJ if you don't like cardboard mugs.

Thank for answers.

Noorderdam.

Simon

hopefully you will find the time when yo get back to post reviews! we are going in March - eastern, and it has been hard to find anything since the christmas/holiday reviews.......

thanks so much in advance!!!!! :D

Definitely -- I know there is supposed to be a new menu for the MDR, so I'm anxious to hear about that. If anyone can get copies from Guest Relations, etc...that would be great!!

I can't wait to hear more reviews...

• 7 months later...

After doing four cruises in around 14 months we intended to catch our breath this year. Also spent over £10k on new windows, doors etc so did not plan to take a holiday this year, but as the dreadful summer weather has continued unabated we have been overcome with a touch of the 'John Masefield's' once again.:D

Jim.

Edited by iadom

• 1 year later...
Where can I find out what date(s) this will be held on Cruise departing Southampton 9 - 5 - 2012 ? Also can I download a compass (cruise news)from similar cruises ?

:o

I've just booked for the Murder/Mystery night - we cruise in March. There was a choice of for 2 dates ( 1 was on a sea day) to find out what dates were available we went into our reservations on the RCL site & there are options to make Restaurant reservations - when you go into that the Murder/Mystery option comes up ..when you go further i.e. to make a booking the dates available will come up ...you chose whatever date suits and then make booking. Having read rave reviews about the Mystery evening we decided to give it a go...the menu is limited but apparently the food is good & the price includes wine too:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me which side of open decks are designated as smoking areas on Independence?

Only on the PORT side in one section but we found several people just wandering around outside of it and NOT one crew said anything to them.

rest of the ship was fine though.

rimbo

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...