All things Independence of the Seas

I'm a CPAP user. Were there electrical outlets near the bed or should I contact special services to get an extension cord?

Are there freestyle coke machines on Independence? I thought that there were, but another thread I read suggested that it might not have the freestyle machines.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know if anyone answered your question yet, but you will need to bring or get an extension cord. The outlets as I recall are on the desk/vanity area. Don't remember about coke machines, sorry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Thenford Grey tour looks very nice. I like that it has some nice beach time on it. Every land tour visits a fortress, part of their history. I thought it was cute that on the listing for the places the tour goes it says that you can "Relax on a Tranquil Beach or Shop till you Drop" for the last stop. Is that true? I don't like to be forced to visit the retail worlds on these excursions, and would rather enjoy the beach and then return to the ship.

Yes, after the tour of the island Mr. Grey brings everyone to one of the beaches. You then have the option to continue on with him back to town and take in the port area or go back to the ship or stay at the beach and he returns later at a designated time to pick everyone up and bring them back to the ship. So everyone gets to do their preference. when you book the tour you will have an opportunity to state your preference. He does this to get an idea of how the group will be splitting up. He tryies really hard to be as organized as possible to that everyone is happy with the experience.

The port area is loaded with shops and is rather lively. I do enjoy walking around there.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I don't know if anyone answered your question yet, but you will need to bring or get an extension cord. The outlets as I recall are on the desk/vanity area. Don't remember about coke machines, sorry.

No Freestyle machines on Indy. Hopefully, now that the ship is staying in the US year round they will be added. I also hope the Logo Shop is put back in place where it was before it was removed to create tons of space to sell liquor, cigarettes, and perfume.

Yes, after the tour of the island Mr. Grey brings everyone to one of the beaches. You then have the option to continue on with him back to town and take in the port area or go back to the ship or stay at the beach and he returns later at a designated time to pick everyone up and bring them back to the ship. So everyone gets to do their preference. when you book the tour you will have an opportunity to state your preference. He does this to get an idea of how the group will be splitting up. He tryies really hard to be as organized as possible to that everyone is happy with the experience.

The port area is loaded with shops and is rather lively. I do enjoy walking around there.

Hearing this, I am getting to like this excursion more and more. We would be some of those that would stay at the beach, until he returns for us. Is lunch provided at the beach or is it 'on your own' with options available at the beach?

Hearing this, I am getting to like this excursion more and more. We would be some of those that would stay at the beach, until he returns for us. Is lunch provided at the beach or is it 'on your own' with options available at the beach?

Lunch is on your own and food was available at the beach that he brought the group to when we toured with him. I don't know if he uses the same beach all of the time but this is a question you could pose to him.

Sorry to hear that there may not be another ship to do the 8 night cruises. We picked it, because we got the extra day on board for the same price we could have booked a 7 night cruise. It was on a week that has Presidents Day, so DH only actually has to account for 4 vacation days -- to make the most out of his vacation time. The first cruise we ever went on, was on Navigator -- and we loved it. We enjoyed Liberty, when we sailed on her several years ago....and expect to love Indy.

We have never been to St. Kitts before -- so let me ask you....what excursions have you done there.....nothing is grabbing our interest from the blurbs we have read, so far.

We sailed on the Indy last Feb during Presents week, and LOVED IT!! We were formally Carnival cruisers, but loved Royal so much, we booked on the Oasis the week we returned from sailing on the Indy. My husband did not like that Royal does not offer a poolside grill for hots and burgers. There was a rotisserie type case that had hots in it at the poolside bar, but that is it. He is happy there will be a hot dog stand on the Oasis on the Boardwalk. It is a lovely ship--truly beautiful--and wouldn't mind sailing her again.

In St Kitts, we took a train ride around the countryside. Not adventuresome, so depending on your activity level, this may not appeal to you. The scenery was beautiful. I always love St Martin, as we have been there several times, so we didn't book anything, but took a taxi to Orient Beach (our favorite beach). Labadee was a great beach day too. BBQ buffet was fantastic! And I always love walking around Old San Juan. There is a shuttle around the area which is free, to jump on and off.

There is a place on RCCL website (All About Cruising Accessibility Onboard) to request an extension cord and they will also provide distilled water for the cpap.

UNV- I remember you posted about Disney and what to expect. How did you like your Disney cruise?

I enjoyed it very much. It was an older ship but they keep their ships near perfect. Disney is for sure a step above rccl. That being said Im still very loyal to Royal, but being a Disney world lover I Will sail again with Disney. Just want to try either dream or fantasy next.

We are booked on the 14 March 2015 doing the 8 night for our first cruise on RC. We did like the Oasis or Quantum but the ports didn't appeal to us so here we are!

How fast do these Ice show tickets "sell out" ?

We will like to book a private tour with either thenford or royston but how fast can you get off the ship when it docks at the port of calls? Are they going to give us a number like the tender boats..

How fast do these Ice show tickets "sell out" ? ...

The ice show tickets are free. You will be notified as to the process they use on Indy to distribute the tickets. If you don't get tickets, you can still try to get in by going to the standby line.

We are booked on the 14 March 2015 doing the 8 night for our first cruise on RC. We did like the Oasis or Quantum but the ports didn't appeal to us so here we are!

We will like to book a private tour with either thenford or royston but how fast can you get off the ship when it docks at the port of calls? Are they going to give us a number like the tender boats..

When I was on the Indy in Feb, they announced that a table was set up in the Promenade at various times giving away the tickets. I scooted down there as soon as I heard that and chose my show time. No problem. But it WAS packed! For my next cruise on the Oasis this coming Feb, I had to reserve ALL my shows ahead of time online (because of the amount of people on this ship).

And BTW--you will love Indy! We did! Enjoy your cruise :)

Edited by grandmarnnurse

Thenford allows time for people to get off of the ship. The tour leaves right from the end of the pier. There are no numbers called. Once the ship is cleared you can get off. Of course, there is always a line when the gangways first open as there are always people who can't wait to get off of the ship but it goes quickly.

Thenford allows time for people to get off of the ship. The tour leaves right from the end of the pier. There are no numbers called. Once the ship is cleared you can get off. Of course, there is always a line when the gangways first open as there are always people who can't wait to get off of the ship but it goes quickly.

We are planning to do the Thenford excursion in St. Kitts when we are on the Valentine's Day sailing of Indy. I am looking forward to this excursion, it was highly recommended by others who had done it in the past. Usually we book our excursions through Royal, so this will be a first for us. I am sure it will work out just fine.

If anyone who reads this thread is on the Valentines Day sailing of the 8 day itinerary, join our Roll Call.

We are planning to do the Thenford excursion in St. Kitts when we are on the Valentine's Day sailing of Indy. I am looking forward to this excursion, it was highly recommended by others who had done it in the past. Usually we book our excursions through Royal, so this will be a first for us. I am sure it will work out just fine.

If anyone who reads this thread is on the Valentines Day sailing of the 8 day itinerary, join our Roll Call.

I will be very surprised if you end up disappointed with your decision.

Good evening all fellow Independence followers!. My DW, and a few friends were on Indy last year in November just after her return to US. We happen to befriend a bartender who was working at Squeeze, I believe his name is Danieldon ?? He was a tall guy from the Caribbean, St Marrten I think. Does anyone know if he is still on the ship or has he moved? Any info would be great as we are going to be back on Indy in October of 2015 and would like to know if he may be onboard.

Thanks in advance !!

Ok, this may have been asked and answered before, but I didn't really want to go through the 74 pages of this thread to check. So I decided to ask. Do the showers in Indy's staterooms have glass/plastic doors or the attack curtains?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, this may have been asked and answered before, but I didn't really want to go through the 74 pages of this thread to check. So I decided to ask. Do the showers in Indy's staterooms have glass/plastic doors or the attack curtains?

Thanks in advance.

Doors.

Thanks in advance.

There are doors, but I think they were the smallest shower stalls I ever encountered! But it was my first time on RCCL, and they may all be that small! I previously only cruised Carnival, and theirs were much bigger. My hubby and I joked that if we ate much more on this ship, we would never fit in the shower! Certainly never be able to bend over! LOL!

There are doors, but I think they were the smallest shower stalls I ever encountered! But it was my first time on RCCL, and they may all be that small! I previously only cruised Carnival, and theirs were much bigger. My hubby and I joked that if we ate much more on this ship, we would never fit in the shower! Certainly never be able to bend over! LOL!

Indy's shower stalls are the same size as those on the rest of the fleet.

Indy's shower stalls are the same size as those on the rest of the fleet.

LOL!! Then I better watch what I eat on this next cruise in Feb on the Oasis! Our 2 adult sons and their families will be cruising with us, and their only past cruise experience was on a Carnival ship several years ago. I'm sure they will comment on the size of the shower! But if that is all they have to complain about, I'm sure they will be fine! :)