Another one behind Jeanne

Spot

There is another nasty looking storm that recently left Africa and is headed this way.

From the National Hurricane Center in Miami:

"THE TROPICAL WAVE LOCATED ABOUT 300 MILES SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE

CAPE VERDE ISLANDS CONTINUES TO SHOW SIGNS OF ORGANIZATION.

CONDITIONS APPEAR FAVORABLE FOR THIS SYSTEM TO BECOME A TROPICAL

DEPRESSION OVER THE NEXT DAY OR SO AS IT MOVES TO THE WEST OR

WEST-NORTHWEST."

Unfortunately, the Hurricane season doesn't end until Nov 30. September is usually the worse month with a few in October and very rare in November. We have just weathered Charley and Frances and now Mobile area is getting slammed with Ivan. I'm with all of you......enough is enough!

The storms that come off the coast of Africa mostly form in August and September. The hurricane is actually a full 6 months. June/July they usually come out of the Gulf and then again in October/November. So the worst months are the middle two and hopefully things will calm down after the 1st of October. Not that they can't come in the last 2 months, but usually it calms down a bit.

Let's hope anyway!

From the NHC:

"SATELLITE IMAGES AND SHIP REPORTS INDICATE THAT A TROPICAL

DEPRESSION IS FORMING ABOUT ABOUT 525 MILES SOUTHWEST OF THE CAPE

VERDE ISLANDS. ADVISORIES WILL LIKELY BE INITIATED THIS AFTERNOON

ON THIS SYSTEM."

Let's all pray this one peters out before it can do any more harm to anyone!!!:mad:

Take it to the bank! There's only so many systems that can occupy the same space at the same time and I think Ivan's system pushing to the east will pull Jeanne up and out east of Florida. Jeanne's system pushing the same way will yank Karl north even sooner.

After that the cool weather from the north will start to affect the southern waters and the conditions for any strong storms will diminish.

One thing I've learned from all this though... From now on my freezer only gets stocked from October to June.:mad:

Sailure, I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it!!!!!:D You are now my permanent and forever forecaster!!!

And I was saying the exact same thing to my friends: From now on June to October, my freezer has 8 bags of ice and that's it!!!!!!! Except for a small box of mac and cheese, those 8 bags are in there now and so they shall remain!!

And I have $100 worth of batteries in my "hurricane" drawer. From now on, I am armed and ready!:)

Can anyone verify that Jeanne has made a $250.00 pp deposit and understands the cancellation penalties? Did Jeanne buy trip insurance?

On a more sober note, I live in eastern Alabama (about 110 miles from Atlanta), and Ivan did a real number on the Gulf Coast (and inland) in four states. I'm one of the few with power and little damage. Wednesday night and yesterday were very sober reminders for me that there are things in life which we have no control over, and that neighbor-helping-neighbor is what it's all about. Thanks.

Wednesday night and yesterday were very sober reminders for me that there are things in life which we have no control over, and that neighbor-helping-neighbor is what it's all about. Thanks.

I agree so much with you about this. To me, that was the silver lining with Frances. I met people I had never met and everyone reached out to help each other. It was really uplifting. So glad you didn't have much damage, but can know well how awful it is to see what others are going through.

Let's hope it calms down now. Jeanne has had a "speaking to" and I'm hoping she gets the message ... she is not welcome anywhere!!!

Up here we are also getting sick of the heavy rains and wind. During Frances, over 250 boats broke from a couple of docks - all were destroyed. Many creeks and rivers went over their banks and many people were flooded out of their homes - again. And we are way up north from the initial storm blast.

Now people have been spending the last couple of days pulling hundreds more boats out of the waters as the rivers and creeks are rising again - have had several more inches of rain.

Tired of it all.

These hurricanes are wrecking havic every where.

Sailure, I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it! I love it!!!!!:D You are now my permanent and forever forecaster!!!

And I was saying the exact same thing to my friends: From now on June to October, my freezer has 8 bags of ice and that's it!!!!!!! Except for a small box of mac and cheese, those 8 bags are in there now and so they shall remain!!

And I have $100 worth of batteries in my "hurricane" drawer. From now on, I am armed and ready!:)

Make sure you got room for the chocolate!

I know! I know! I know!! I am so excited. I haven't been this happy in 3 weeks! Jeanne is down to 35 mph and is breaking up ... Karl is headed North ... life is good. There is not, at this moment in time, one single hurricane for us to worry about! My buddy, Steve on Channel 5, just told us that there is a "High" that won't budge and let Jeanne through. I I said ... "YES!".

And I attribute this to RevNeal's amazing prayer. I have to find that thread and tell him what he has done.

I can take my trip North without my heart in my throat.

Archived