Imagination...after Evolutions of Fun overhaul? Fun?

ommax2

My Mom, Aunt and I are planning a cruise on Imagination in April of 2009. I was on her for my 1st cruise and can't wait to see her again!! :D Does anyone have any post after haul pics?

Looking for some info, sailed on Imagination in 2005, going again on Imagination in Oct...looking for the details about the new overhaul!?

THanks

Mary Anne:)

We are looking for info also. We leave on Feb 7th. I heard that they no longer have a deli on board. I hope this is not true cos we really like the deli on all the Funships we have been on.

I heard that they no longer have a deli on board. I hope this is not true cos we really like the deli on all the Funships we have been on.

No deli:mad: My kids made the comment - They need a Goofy's Galley (Disney ships) and I agree!

Does anyone have any post after haul pics?

We have been talking about the Imagination for the past few weeks now. Do a quick search and you will come up with the threads and even pics.

HAve read some good reviews and the pics look GREAT!

Sorry Socref, but I believe that the Fantasy class of ships do not have delis. From what I've read, this is still the case even after the refurbishment, but I'll find out for sure when I sail the Imagination on 2/25/08.

I thought I read that there was a deli on board the Imagination before the refurbishment and the question is whether it is still there or not.:confused: Now I'm really confused.

I thought there was a deli back when we cruised on Imagination several years ago. However, there is not one now, we cruised her the first week out of dry dock. I was a bit disappointed, but they added some stir fry station out on the lido, other side of the burgers and dogs.

The refurb was so nice, the adult serenity area especially, more room in the pool since they added the slides up top and wow, cant wait for my kids to see that one day, they will enjoy it, I know I did.

And Yes, the there are some Fantasy ships that do have the Deli, I know the Fantasy itself had one last spring.

Carnival.Com has great pix of the enhancement, just go to their website and click on Evolutions of Fun.

Do a quick search and you will come up with the threads and even pics.

How/Where is this and how do I do it?

I'll be sailing on her Feb. 7th. I should have a bunch of pictures to post. :)

Thanks!! That would be great!!

10152007pooldeck.jpg

10152007pooldeck2.jpg

10152007pooldeck3.jpg

And, finally, there’s the new Serenity adults-only retreat, which really is designed to serve as a relaxing getaway. The area is located aft (where the kiddie pool used to be, ironically) in a secluded area that provides a fantastic view of the passing ocean. Within this area, there are plush chaise lounges along with a shaded area for relaxation and two whirlpools. We’re offering bar service in this area and our Brasserie casual restaurant is just a few steps away.

10152007serenity.jpg

10152007serenity3.jpg

All of these areas look fantastic. Like everyone else, I had seen the “Evolutions of Fun” renderings (which were awesome) and the real thing is so much better!

I KNOW THIS IS THE VERY FIRST SHIP TO GET THE SPECTACULAR NEW CARNIVAL WATERWORKS PARK. ARE THE KIDS ENJOYING IT? OR ARE THEY BEING OUTNUMBERED BY THE ADULTS WANTING TO GO DOWN THE BIG SLIDES?

The Carnival WaterWorks area is definitely being put to good use, by both adults and kids alike! Although the area is extremely popular, the lines move at a very good clip and everyone seems to be having a great time. I’ve spoken to lots and lots of guests about this and everyone agrees that this new area is simply spectacular. It looks like we’ve got a tremendous hit on our hands.

10152007slide1.jpg

WOW!! That looks awesome!! I especialy like the look of the Lido Deck pool area. Does anyone have any pics of the interior of the ship?

My husband and I were on the Imagination last week. They have a place for the deli but were waiting for equiqment to set it up. We were told that it would be open in about two weeks. There were plenty of options for food. The new adults only area is fantastic!! Also the private island is beautiful. We have enjoyed the deli on lots of other ships and I missed the smoked salmon this time.

Already we are thinking of our next cruise #14. Can't wait!!

My husband and I were on the Imagination last week. They have a place for the deli but were waiting for equiqment to set it up. We were told that it would be open in about two weeks. We have enjoyed the deli on lots of other ships and I missed the smoked salmon this time.

Thanks goofycruiser, We sail on her in two weeks. Hopefully, the deli will be up and going on our cruise. We have really enjoyed the deli on the Glory, Triumph and Miracle. Good luck with cruise #14.

How/Where is this and how do I do it?

Thanks!! That would be great!!

WOW!! That looks awesome!! I especialy like the look of the Lido Deck pool area. Does anyone have any pics of the interior of the ship?

What kinds of interior pics are you looking for

Please enlighten me. I don't understand what is so important about a "deli." What am I missing? Is it the food selection or the immediate availability or what?

We haven't been on Carnival since 2000, but I don't remember going hungry on any cruise line, including CCL. Now you have me very curious about why I need a "deli" on the Fantasy class ship. (We're sailing on Inspiration in July '08.)

just got back from 5 day imagination last saturday. after reading many mixed reviews we were really impressed. I plan on posting a review but in a nutshell as goofy cruiser said there is a place for the deli in the horizon buffet but it is waiting for equipment. there is a rotisserie grill that makes yummy roast chicken, along with burgers, dogs and really really good stir fry. the internationl buffet had daily countries represented and it was hit and miss. I believe on different days there was american, french, mexican, italian, greek and indian. this was all at lunch. always ate dinner in the pride dining room where our wait staff was no less than perfect, though i did speak to others on board who did not have that experience. the wonderworks water park was said to be fun by the younger members or our group but is really is designed more for the childern but a beautiful area non the less. the serenity adult area was just that serene. the most beautiful time i spent on the ship was watching the sunset on day 4 from there. it is on the rear of the ship and we were traveling due east so you can imagine....sitting on a soft new lounge chair just watching the sun set over the ocean. enough said will leave the specifics for a review

ellen

Please enlighten me. I don't understand what is so important about a "deli." What am I missing? Is it the food selection or the immediate availability or what?

We haven't been on Carnival since 2000, but I don't remember going hungry on any cruise line, including CCL. Now you have me very curious about why I need a "deli" on the Fantasy class ship. (We're sailing on Inspiration in July '08.)

The offerings at the deli have been fabulous. It beats going to the hamburger/hot dog counter, the pizza counter and the buffet, if you just want a good sandwich. We haven't had a bad sandwich yet.

I loved the deli on the Fasination because they had these great fresh mozzarella sandwiches and fresh bread. I was also disappointed when I read earlier that the deli wasn't ready, but am happy to have read here that it will be open when I sail. I travel by myself and it's just nice to grab a great sandwich or piece of pizza during the day rather than sit down and eat in the diningroom. Evening; however, I love to eat in the diningroom with my tablemates.

just got back from 5 day imagination last saturday. after reading many mixed reviews we were really impressed. I plan on posting a review but in a nutshell as goofy cruiser said there is a place for the deli in the horizon buffet but it is waiting for equipment. there is a rotisserie grill that makes yummy roast chicken, along with burgers, dogs and really really good stir fry. the internationl buffet had daily countries represented and it was hit and miss. I believe on different days there was american, french, mexican, italian, greek and indian. this was all at lunch. always ate dinner in the pride dining room where our wait staff was no less than perfect, though i did speak to others on board who did not have that experience. the wonderworks water park was said to be fun by the younger members or our group but is really is designed more for the childern but a beautiful area non the less. the serenity adult area was just that serene. the most beautiful time i spent on the ship was watching the sunset on day 4 from there. it is on the rear of the ship and we were traveling due east so you can imagine....sitting on a soft new lounge chair just watching the sun set over the ocean. enough said will leave the specifics for a review

ellen

I can't wait for your review! We leave on the Imagination in a couple of weeks and we can hardly wait!:D

We were on the Inspiration for the Christmas cruise. The ship looks amazing. All new carpeting, dining rooms have been redone and are very tasteful. The bedding is pretty plush and the bathroom is fairly spacious and sparkling. The lido deck has some new benches, umbrellas, and a new band stand. The Serernity area that is adults only is very quiet, comfy, and relaxing. On the sports deck they've added a giant waterslide, and 2 smaller ones. Our kids had a blast !!!!! The ship is very clean and service was terrific. Have a wonderful cruise, and I hope this helps you to visualize things a bit. If you have any other questions I'll be happy to try and answer them.:) :) :) :) :) :)

Even though the deli set up on the Fascination wasn't like the bigger ships, we enjoyed having everything all in one place. If I remember correctly, pizza, deli, etc., together. The rotisserie chicken and stir fry sounds wonderful on the Imagination.

Is the serenity area always full? I would bet there would be lots of chair saving there...prime spot!

Archived