Priority Boarding in Suites

Sheshefran

Hello,

We have just booked a sky suite on the January 4, 2009 sailing of the Solsitice. Only 341 days from now (Damm this leap year). This is our 8th cruise but first time on X and the first time in a suite. I have seen on this board that there is priority boarding when you are in a suite. Does this mean that you can board before everyone else or that you don't have to stand in line?

Hello,

We have just booked a sky suite on the January 4, 2009 sailing of the Solsitice. Only 341 days from now (Damm this leap year). This is our 8th cruise but first time on X and the first time in a suite. I have seen on this board that there is priority boarding when you are in a suite. Does this mean that you can board before everyone else or that you don't have to stand in line?

Hi Sheshefran !

Depending on the port, and I assume you are speaking of Ft Lauderdale, you still have to wait in a pre check-in waiting area, and there is no separation there. Once they are ready to check you in, there is a separate line for Suite check-in. However, in many cases, that line has been worse than the regular line. Personally, I dont see much difference in either line, but it all depends on just how crowded it is at the time you check in.

The good news is, our embarkation experiences in Ft Lauderdale have typically been excellent. I wouldnt worry about it too much !

Enjoy your Cruise !

Does anyone know:

I am sailing on the Century out of Miami next week and I have never sailed from there on X. I am in a suite and elite but I really could care less which line I am in to board. Are either of those lines faster or am I better off just in the 'regular' check-in lines that might have more people working at them? I have read that they usually start boarding around 11:30 so that's when we'll plan to be there.

I think the reason the priority embarkation is so long now, is because it includes CC. When you look at the deck plan you can see what that means. :eek:

If you are a founder member of Captains Club, any level, then you have priority embarkation, but not sure about non founder members:confused:

Edit: just found it. Yes, select member has priority embarkation.

Priority Embarkation and Preferential Debarkation

This privileges offered to Founder Classic, Select and Elite members, are available at the following ports: Seward, AK; Miami, FL; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Tampa, FL; Baltimore, MD; San Diego, CA; Honolulu, HI; New York, NY; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Harwich, England; Dover, England; Vancouver, British Columbia; Valparaiso, Chile; Barcelona, Spain.

We were in a Sky Suite embarking from Barcelona. Although they said we could begin embarking at 1, as I recall, we had done the 1 night pre-hotel stay, and they came and got us from the hotel at 10 or 10:30 AM. We walked right up to the check in and walked away fully documented within 2 to 3 minutes tops. Walked around a bit, checked out the ship, then took the bus back into Barcelona and enjoyed 4 or 5 more hours in that lovely city. I don't know if that was the exception or the rule for BCN, though.

Cathy

Does anyone know:

I am sailing on the Century out of Miami next week and I have never sailed from there on X. I am in a suite and elite but I really could care less which line I am in to board. Are either of those lines faster or am I better off just in the 'regular' check-in lines that might have more people working at them? I have read that they usually start boarding around 11:30 so that's when we'll plan to be there.

Hi Barbara, I was on Century last month. I am also elite but never

had a suite before. On my particular sailing we weren't able

to board in the 11:30 hour due to the outbreak on the TA before

our cruise....but getting your S&S card was no problem at all.

The different lines? It seems some have alot of folks, while others

don't.....I never stand on the "suite line"....never noticed how

busy that one was.

You could actually just pick one and go through it quite quickly:)

And you are correct, in the past I have always boarded in

the 11:30-12:00 hour.

Have a wonderful time:)

Hi dmk:) you have been lucky. I had 2 different sailings in which

the cruise before mine had gone through an outbreak of Noro.

So the sailing I was on was delayed boarding. Nobody got on early,

not suite folks, cc folks, regular folks, nobody.

They were cleaning, cleaning, cleaning, and they announced inside

the terminal that boarding would be delayed.

Other than those 2 though, the others have all been

in the 11:30-noon range.

The earliest we have ever boarded, was on the RCCL AOS. We were fifth in line for check-in, and then were the second group to be called up (first group was special needs - a man in a wheelchair and his wife, and we had a suite). We ended up being the 2nd and 3rd person to board the ship and it was 10:30 am. :D Those were the days!

I guess we've been very lucky on prior sailings because we always seem to walk right on. We usually stay over the night before and get to the ship around 2PM. Is this still a good time?

Hi Donna,:) I think we can board all afternoon:D since we don't

sail till so late. You know we don't leave till 10:00pm.

See you for a drink at the pool bar;)

Archived