Cruise parking Galveston... EZ park Or Lighthouse parking?

dixie54

We have used both caompanies and prefer Lighthouse. The reason why??? EZ Cruise seems to be gettting too big and busy/very crowded parking lots. The last time we used them we had to wait in a long line of cars for over and hour and a half outside of the parking lot and wait for a space., Eventhough we had prebooked and prepaid. It was a nightmare. SO no more EZ cruise for us...

Hope this helps.

Carla

Forget who it was but one of our CC folks indicated that last cruise (last week) they were coming home and it took for ever for EZ park to get them. They also said like Riley's Mom said to use Lighthouse.

I personally don't know but wanted to share what I reacll from last week.

Maybe search a few pages back to the thred about Fog in Galveston started last Sunday.

In past years we have always used EZ and had no problems. This year, we forgot to book online and knew they'd be full so when my husband went to park the car after dropping us off at the curb, we thought he'd have to pay $70 to park at the Port of Galveston lots. Well, he drove right into Lighthouse and parked for $50 and their lot is very close and an easy walk to the pier. Cheaper and closer than EZ, I think we'll use them again.

Very close, drop wife at pier, drive over, park, walk back.

If they are jammed when we got off, do the same thing in reverse.

Easy, no hassles.

Why use them? Many of their employees are Galveston Firefighters working a second job. If we can support the guys that protect us, my money goes there!!!

We always use EZ Cruise and have never had a problem. We drop luggage (& me:)) off at the terminal, and my DH goes and parks the car and walks back. We do the same in reverse at the end of the cruise.

Arriving between 10:30-11 usually allows enough time for departing passengers to get back to their cars and free up spots. Of course, if the ships are delayed 5 hours like they were last weekend, then all bets are off.

Come over the Causeway, (I45) first exit is also marked for the cruise terminal.

As you approach the terminal, on your left, the road will angle left, as it straightens out, make the right hand turn before it turns straight. go one block, turn left, turn into the parking lot.

ALso, if you go to EXcruiseparking.com you can save $5 by booking on line and their driving instructions are very accurate and mapped.

What about the hotels/motels that offer free/cheap parking if you stay there. I sea that the Econolodge has a "cruise rate". What is that? Anyone been there, done that?

We sail on Voyager next year.

Rick and Deirdra

We did not like waiting for the "free shuttle" when we stayed at the Hilton. The first shuttle get you there at prime time and the wait was bad. The shuttle served several hotels, so you really had to fight for it on disembarkation.

Next time around, we did the Quality Inn with free parking but no shuttle. The morning of the cruise, we figured out the round trip cabfare would have been almost as much as the parking at the lighthouse, so we called in a reservation and parked there. It was a much better option from an Embarkation/debarkation standpoint.

Unless you can make at least a night of it in Galveston the night B4, I would stay at a $50 hotel off the island and do the lighthouse thing the next day.

Always used EZ cruise parking. Like the young lady who owns it and most of the help she has are off-duty fireman BUT last July the Ecstasy was really running late getting everyone off the ship and when we finally got out to the curb no EZ cruise bus. We waited two hours before they finally showed up they had thought everyone had already made it off and they went home. Thanks to a Police officer he notified them they had about 40 people still waiting. This January we used Lighthouse pulled in the parking lot they pulled up behind us loaded are bags and we were off in a few minutes to the terminal. When the Voyager got back we walked to the curb and guess what? There was lighthouse boarding. Will use Lighthouse from this day on.

One of the main reasons we use Lighthouse [and previously EZ] is for the shuttle service that will take ALL your luggage. This eliminates the need to stop by the pier first and dropoff luggage. We just pull into Lighthouse,park the car and a van comes up behind our car..loads all our luggage on the van and takes us to the pier. Saves time and aggravation...

• 5 years later...

I have to weigh in for EZ Cruise...We are from Boston, but our best friends live in Houston and we often cruise with them out of Galveston. EZ Cruise takes us and our luggage right to the port. Last June were milling about ready to enter the boarding area when we heard a shout. It was our EZ Cruise shuttle driver. My husband had left his iPhone on the seat of the van and he had circled back to return it to us! Another tip - parking is $5 off if you reserve online https://reservations.ezcruiseparking.com/

Why are you posting from 2008 thread?

FYI:

EZ , Lighthouse , Dolphin, Port of Galveston and couple of others use buses and vans.

If you desire to walk over to terminals!

Park and Cruise is directly across street from both terminals.

• 2 years later...

Very bad experience. Employees have an attitude problem, very rude. Nobody answers the phone upon ship arrival home. Expect tips and tell you so. Have parked cars at many different locations for extended stay but they were special in all the wrong ways. As we were leaving they were shouting at another customer, AVOID THIS PLACE!

We used lighthouse once a couple of years ago, when our usual, Galveston Park N Cruise was full, overall our experience was not bad, but they did seem a bit terse. Do they still have the old transit bus for a shuttle, the one that looks like it should have retired 40 years ago?

• 3 years later...