Spring Break

Costafox

Basically you'll find spring breaks anywhere from the first of March through the end of April. Apparently a lot of New York schools have their spring break the week of April 19th.

Most of the schools around here have theirs the 3rd and 4th weeks of March or the first week of April.

I am hearing from friends around that there are a lot of places where there are 2 one week vacations during the spring semmester.

DD is March 14th thru the Monday after Easter with the kids returning to school on Tuesday thus 7 school days off.

Here in upsate NY the public schools have off Feb. 18-22 and April 14-18, while colleges have off March 17-21.

Even more confusing...I live in New York....about 1 hour North of NYC. I am a teacher...and this year the Spring Break happens twice because Passover and Easter are so far apart.

Part of the reason depends on whether there is a large enough Jewish population in the area. Where I live..we have a 5 day break in February for Presidents weekend (Feb 15 - 19) We have another break in March (March 20 - 24) and then another one in April for Passover (April 19 - 27).

Next year it is a completely different story. There is one break in February and another long break in April. It changes every year.

I'm off the first week of March (3rd-7th) and I'll be cruising on that break :)

Most of the colleges in my area are off one of the first three weeks in March, but which week it is varies greatly. Primary and Secondary school here always has the week of Easter off.

Cruising during March and the beginning of April will give you a lot of younger cruisers I'd think. More college kids in March and more families with children in April, I'd assume.

Archived