Does anyone know how to contact Princess?

watergal

Having just returned from the Mexican Riviera onboard the GP, we were very concerned with the lack of vigilance in the dining areas. It's truly unfortunate that people are just plain stupid in not using the hand sanitizer prior to touching utensils thinking that it's everyone else's problem but theirs and now there's another Norovirus. Consequently the cruise lines will have to take people literally by the hand and put sanitizer on those who are willing. It's mind boggling to see grown men push it aside and grown women walk around it but they'd be the first in line should a virus break out and of course, none of it would be their fault.....they'll just sue for a ruined cruise.

So, if anyone has the e-mail address for a Princess contact(s), it would be much appreciated.

Watergal

Having just returned from the Mexican Riviera onboard the GP, we were very concerned with the lack of vigilance in the dining areas. It's truly unfortunate that people are just plain stupid in not using the hand sanitizer prior to touching utensils thinking that it's everyone else's problem but theirs and now there's another Norovirus. Consequently the cruise lines will have to take people literally by the hand and put sanitizer on those who are willing. It's mind boggling to see grown men push it aside and grown women walk around it but they'd be the first in line should a virus break out and of course, none of it would be their fault.....they'll just sue for a ruined cruise.

So, if anyone has the e-mail address for a Princess contact(s), it would be much appreciated.

Watergal

He is the information you are looking for, ignore the last post, the poster has a history of these type of posts.

http://www.princess.com/customer_care/contact/index.jsp

Princess Cruises

(Corporate Headquarters)

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Princess Tours

800 5th Avenue, Suite 2600

Seattle, WA 98104-3176

Reservations Information

For questions about making new reservation, existing booking, payment, and cancellation. Please contact your local travel agent or call us at

1-800-PRINCESS for assistance.

When we were on the Grand last year, there was a Princess employee standing at both ends of the buffet with hand sanitizer in their hands. They squirted your hands and then another person handed you your silverware/plate wrapped in a cloth napkin. If you didn't use the sanitizer, you didn't get the silverware or plate.

Watergal

We were on the Crown Princess on the Jan 26th sailing. The first day or two, there was hand sanitizer at the buffet. By the third day however, it was gone! None to be found!!! My DH was rather put off by this, and set out to find out who was in charge. They sent a supervisor of some kind over to our table, and we told him we were not pleased by the fact that they stopped using handsanitizer at the buffet. His answer was, "We don't need it anymore!!!!" I asked, "Sir,how do you know we don't need it anymore??" He was rather red-faced and said, "I'll put it back!" :eek:

I am not sure what they are thinking. It may not kill all germs, but it HAS to help. We tend to carry our own, but would hate to have to go all the way back to the room if we forgot it.

I am also in health care. A little prevention goes a long way. Bring back the hand sanitizer.

Janet

I think many of these same people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom too.

If you think Princess is bad about the hand sanitizers, we've been on RCCL and there have been no hand sanitizers in the dining rooms a lot.

I don't think if I were a cruise ship employee I'd want to be the one thrusting hand sanitizers at people. People should have enough sense to use them.

I think many of these same people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom too.

If you think Princess is bad about the hand sanitizers, we've been on RCCL and there have been no hand sanitizers in the dining rooms a lot.

I don't think if I were a cruise ship employee I'd want to be the one thrusting hand sanitizers at people. People should have enough sense to use them.

I've been in the restrooms onboard, while the girl was utilizing it. Adults would come out of a stall and exit, while the girl is busy lathering up.

I remember seeing those automatic sanitizers for the first time on a Princess ship and we would always avail ourselves of it, even if we were just passing on through to another area of the ship.

I was so happy to see these hand sanitizers out at every dining venue the last few years. I can remember when they were only put out IF an outbreak of something occured.

I am with you, they are very necessary. I for one have gone and found someone to refill it when I find it empty at the end of the buffet line. And I have either gone to the other side where there was a full one, or waited until they replaced the first one.

I also agree, some do not realize that an ounce of prevention is definitely worth a pound of cure.

Considering DetroitMark's posts and attitude I am somewhat ashamed to say I live in Michigan.

But the DW will retire next year and we get to move way far away.:D

No reason to be ashamed Stan, there are unhappy, cranky people with an attitude all over the world anymore. Sometimes I think it is easy to peg those that are, after only a few posts here on CC, as they repeat their behavior over and over again.

Admittedly, we all aren't in the best mood everytime we post (I am also guilty of this occasionally), but some seem to come here just to be cranky. They are no help to others and some answers they post are so rude, it makes me wonder why they even bothered?

No worrys though, someone with an attitude like this usually ends up banned from posting until they can either contribute or cheer up, which ever comes first. :) :)

But just think, letting them post nasty comments just keeps them from kicking their pets! ;)

Having just returned from the Mexican Riviera onboard the GP, we were very concerned with the lack of vigilance in the dining areas. It's truly unfortunate that people are just plain stupid in not using the hand sanitizer....QUOTE]

I appreciate you being concerned about the potential spread of the Noro on any cruise ship. However, before you . write your letter or make that call, I think you should be made aware of something.

The hand sanitizer goop, much like “Purel” that you are asked to use is 99% INEFFECTIVE against the Noro and most other virus. While it does kill bacteria, if any virus is on your hand, the use of the sanitizer just moves it from one spot to another.

If you do a search of this board, about a year ago, this subject was beaten to death. Basically, the whole hand sanitizer thing is so much smoke and mirrors to make the ship appear to be “doing something”.

Wash your hands often with soap. Keep your hands out of your mouth and eyes. Don’t depend on someone else’s actions to keep you healthy.

If you check on drugstore.com or a similar site, there are anti-viral cleaners that specifically state they will kill noro and other viruses in addition to bacteria. I carry a small bottle in my pocket when I cruise.

I did as you directed, found nothing that claimed it would kill the Noro. What product makes this claim?

Regardless of the effectiveness of hand sanitizers in preventing noro and other viruses, I have found them to be extremely prevalent on cruise ships in the past few years, and it's a given that they prevent the spread of bacterial infections.

I was also surprised on the Golden to see that the use of sanitizers was not enforced, and, in fact, there was most often not even sanitizer available as we boarded the ship after a day in port. One time I spotted some off to the side as we passed through ship security (on the other side of the queue line) and asked a security person to hand it to me. He did, without comment, and then put it back where it had been, out of reach of boarding passengers. I think it's great that the OP wants to notify Princess about this one ship that doesn't seem to follow the standards set by other Princess ships.

I did as you directed, found nothing that claimed it would kill the Noro. What product makes this claim?

I found this article interesting, "Germstar" claims it can kill "Noro".

October 2007:

Germstar® announces two new brands within its hand sanitizer product line. Germstar Citrus® is a solution targeted for non-critical applications. It is designed to yield a surgical quality germ kill with a very low alcohol odor and a pleasant citrus fragrance finish. Germstar Noro® is the other new hand sanitizing solution and was designed for the cruise line industry. It is backed by extensive laboratory testing, which proves its ability to kill the tough Noro virus (stomach flu) quickly. These products will be line extensions to the original Germstar® solution, the preferred choice in the health care industry. Germstar Citrus® and Noro® will be available in a variety of packages to suite the individual customer’s needs.

http://www.germstar.com/us/index.php?pg=news

Some people, including my DW, are allergic to some of the hand sanitizer products and break out in a rash - This cost us a $100 visit to the medical center on one cruise - she does not use it but is very judicious in washing her hands thoroughly before dining.

Ron

I found this article interesting, "Germstar" claims it can kill "Noro".

http://www.germstar.com/us/index.php?pg=news

Took a little digging, but I found this product. However, the last line of product description reads:

"Lab results (available upon request from Germstar® general offices) prove its ability to kill Noro virus in 20 seconds of contact time. "

They are saying that you would have to put enough of the stuff on your hands that they would be "wet" for a full 20 seconds before the alcohol drys.

As I recall, that quarter sized dose tht gets squirted in your hand is gone in about 5 seconds. Stare at a clock and rub your hands together for 20 seconds. While their claim may be true, you would need a 1/4 cup of the stuff to last 20 seconds.

For a real shock take a look at the Royal Caribbean boards.

Royal Caribbean has completly remove all hand sanatizers from all of their ships saying "it is a waste of money".

Thread is here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=719456

I guess the bean counters saw how much they were wasting and put a stop to it.

Archived