What is the Quest game I hear about on Royal Caribbean?

Snorkel Mom

Try to remember to bring an extra belt or bra. We were asked for a woman (or could be a man) with black teeth - I ran up there with a comb in front of my mouth. It helps to have a picture of yourself - could be drivers license or even your digital camera and take the picture right there. The worst thing I remember was when they asked for someone to bring up either their false teeth or bridge. One older woman let several groups borrow her teeth. Yikes!! It also helps if someone in your group has piercings (other than ears) or tattoos.

Have fun! We've won first prize during the last two cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

i was on NCL Spirit aug/07. they had the Quest. it was a blast, i got " volunteered"(sp) by a group i was sitting close to. dont regret it, i won a pen from it. and yes, false teeth get asked for, piercings, bras, and guys do drop trow.

if your at all timid, dont join in. if not... Have fun.

Without going into too many details because....IT'S NOT FAIR TO GIVE AWAY THE CLUES....My husbandand I were a team by ourselves and at one point he was running, topless (and he's got a big belly) through the crowd applying lipstick to himself. That particular scene made it into the "cruise video" clips that you can buy on dvd at the end of the cruise! They even played it in slow motion at the grand finale show on the big screen. There was his belly bobbing up and down in slow motion as he ran down the stairs....I was in tears!!

I hope people DON'T give away the clues!!! That's the fun of it. To try and be creative and use your persuasive abilities.

NOT COOL when a team comes in totally prepared and has cruised before and has all the things they need all lined up..... NOT COOL AT ALL.

Just trust us when we say go and go with an open mind and totally unprepared. It just makes it that much more fun.

It's always great fun to watch. I haven't actually participated myself in ten years, since a Sun Viking cruise from BangKok to Singapore. We came in first place that time and it was hysterical. The gifts were much better back then...a set of two Royal Caribbean champagne flutes. It's definitely

an x-rated game and the little ones should NOT be present...an adult scavenger hunt, worth staying up a bit late for!!

I THINK I may have played this game on our very first cruise many years ago, and if that was the Quest game we laughed until we p**ed. Have not seen it on another ship since. But then maybe I just missed it. Was a really great time.

Quest is great! It's sort of a scavenger hunt for adults. It's typically held in one of the lounge and the paricipants are split into teams of 4 or 5 players - often based on who you happen to be standing next to. The goal is to be the first to produce the "selected items" - such as a mans toupee, a bra (sometimes to be worn over a mans shirt), a wig, and other various items. It's all in fun and clean enough for the adults but possibly a bit over the top for kids (thus, why it's held in a lounge). The alcohol flows freely and everybody ends up having a lot of fun. Nominal "prizes" are awarded for the winners who end up with the most "scavanged" items. It's all voluntary and there really is no preasure to participate. Watching is as much fun - maybe even more - as playing. No one is compelled to remove clothing and no one is forced on stage - unless (in my case) goaded on by your wife! It's a lot of fun and I would highly recommend at least going and being in the audience.

Quest is great fun! DH participated on our last Navigator cruise and had a lot of fun! Now everyone knows what colour his briefs are!

Go for fun, be prepared to laugh. No children, please, as it can pretty raunchy. They will be videotaping for the ship's DVD, that you can buy at the end of the cruise.

No more 'clues' please as we have to leave some mystery in this Quest game for others! (for our first Quest game, years and years ago, we thought this game was about books as it was called 'Novel Quest' not just Quest like now)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey, this sounds like brill fun!!!!!

Can you give us any clues or suggestions of items which would prove useful to such a game? (Apart from mens undies!) I was in the Brownies, and like to 'be prepared'!!! ;)

Judi x

The ladies may want to wear a shirt/blouse which it NOT see through. :eek: I have pictures, however I don't have a clue how to attach to this site. It is really fun.

My DW and I went and did not participate in the game, but watched from the back. I will say that I was happy that we did it that way. It was funny to watch and if you are more reserved you may be more likely to enjoy it just watching. It is very funny to see what some people will do in order to win a game!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I think this thread should be locked. If people know what it is all about then that takes out the surprise of it all. I think its best to say its a scavenger hunt and its best to "just be there".

I do not agree. Reading this made me realize I would never want to participate-many other people are like me and not interested in doing something so off color-the least that should be done is it should be told that this game is rated R for "adult content".