What is the Quest game I hear about on Royal Caribbean?

Snorkel Mom

OMG, this sounds like so much fun. I am going with a group to Mexico in April 2010. I sure hope they offer QUEST on that cruise. There are a few in our group that are 1st time cruisers, and they are NOT shy and want to get involved in everything

If you want to play make sure you get there early and get some seats right up front even if you have to go to the event before quest! It makes it much more fun and you will be quicker and right in the middle of the action!!! Have a great time!!! Oh, and you need 2 guys who are fun to play with you!

• 2 weeks later...

I participated in this when I went on my first cruise 2 years ago. It was...interesting, to say the least. I knew they were filming, but didn't think much of it at the time. Little did I know that, on the last night, they were going to show the highlights from the Cruise in Review DVD. My family was pretty surprised to see me actin a fool, but it was all good. We bought a copy. LOL.

• 1 month later...

i first played this on Royal...it was a RIOT...never had so much of this type of FUN...couldnt wait to experience it again....last few times on Star and Spirt we have PLAYED....LOVED IT...its a HIGHLITE of our cruise we are always talking about that FIRST TIME....if you are up for some ADULT TYPE FUN...just GO and see what it is ALL ABOUT...its a RIOT....cant wait its ONE thing i am looking forward to on my PC CRUISE.....

LONG LIVE QUEST:D!!!!!!!

Oh My gosh this was one of the funniest things ever to watch and do!!! My husband, who is the shy quiet doesn't drink type, wound up in a bra, with lipstick and wearing ladys heels carrying a purse, walking around the ice skating rink, that is were the game was played on our cruise in January. And no it isn't a personal problem, it's a game!! hahahaha Go and have fun!!!

• 5 months later...

They did this game on the Royal Caribbean cruise I was on in September. The three teens from our family (19, 18 and 17) who were there, walked out. Their mother and I and some others from our family, sat there for a while, thinking the humor might improve. It didn't. We finally left and found the teens listening to music in the Viking Crown lounge. The music was great, and the 17 year old was glad to see us, as she could not stay there without a parent.

It's good that there are different activities on the ships so that people can find what suits them.

• 1 year later...
I would lone to participate in The Quest on our upcoming cruise on RCCL Mariner, but my shy DH will not want to participate. Can we still go without him being dragged up on stage or being pressured to remove clothing etc? I would like to experience it, but don't want him to be uncomfortable.

Yes my hubby is the same. We go every time and he does not do it. You can just sit and watch. They might ask for a belt or a black tooth comb or something you can offer without the embarrasment. It is so much fun to watch!!

Can anyone tell me what the Quest Game is? I hear it's so funny.:D

Quest is a Blast! It is a game on RCCL that is normally played late at night on the last night of the cruise. It is an adult activity. It is a scavenger hunt, but everything you need is in the room. You are broken into teams by the cruise director and given a large card with your team number on it. You sit in a lounge setting. Then the cruise director will say "I need someone from your team to bring me your team # and a piece of fruit. Everyone is scurrying around the room in a hurry to find a little cherry or orange off some strangers drink because The first 5 groups he sees up there on the stage with fruit get the most points. Then he might say I want to see a woman from your team up here with two pairs of mens pants, so you know all the men are sitting in the audience in their underware while this is going on, it is hillarious and the request get crazier and crazier as the night goes on and you would not believe what people do for a keychain! lol

Here are some examples on YOU TUBE:

:)

:D

a good example of the last part of the Quest:

:eek:

I do not agree. Reading this made me realize I would never want to participate-many other people are like me and not interested in doing something so off color-the least that should be done is it should be told that this game is rated R for "adult content".

They do say it is an adults only activity. It is at midnight in a lounge, it's not hard to tell that its not for kids! You dont have to be ronchy to have fun however. It is fun to sit back in watch. The game doesn't go wild until the end. Don't judge it by these comments and decide not to go. It is alot of fun and there is nothing wrong with it.

cant wait its ONE thing i am looking forward to on my PC CRUISE.....

LONG LIVE QUEST:D!!!!!!!

took FIRST place it was a RIOT and got very RISQUE and EXTREME...it is VERY VERY ADULT and mostly R-Xrated on the NCL cruises i have been on.

have placed first or runner up couple of times since our first win...it can get XTREMELY WILD and RAUNCHY depending on who your CD is or crew member running it is--this is NCL experience...

but i thought it was ADULT FUN on RC its wayyyyyyyy more on NCL!!

if nothing bothers you and you are up for EXTREME ADULT fun....GO!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have witnessed the Quest so so many times and find it such good fun. My family and i participated once as a team and my dear old mum was such a good sport, without giving too much away, having her with us produced alot of the items that we needed. We won and proudly worn our t-shirt prize.

We recently returned from the Navigator of the Sea where the Quest took place in Studio B (ice rink covered of course) it was the best Quest we had ever witnessed, we laughed so so much. Regrettably i cannot remember the Cruise Director's name although on this board i know he has been criticised for not being energetic, well he certainly surpassed himself that night.

Long may the Quest continue.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually played in the Quest the first time on RCL back in 2009...went as far as having to swap clothes with the male team mate. Back in Aug this year I was on NCL and saw it was being played so I knew to put extra stuff in my purse. The swapping clothes didn't happen, nor was it as raunchy as the other 2 times that I had played on 2 different ships....afterwards I was talking to the CD and asked why they didn't do so and so and was told that they had gotten into trouble and can't do that anymore....all it takes is one person to complain about "sexual" misconduct and it ruins it for everyone else...so yes it's a good idea for people to know what it's all about...matter of fact people that I had met on the cruise really thanked me for letting them know what it was all about because they stayed away from it because the raunchy behavior wasn't something they were comfortable with

• 3 months later...

A good cruise director monitors the crowd and adjusts to make the crowd happy. It is all in good fun and seeing people in underwear, either their own or someone else's, really isn't that shocking when you compare it to what you may see poolside. My hot tip - wear a strapless bra - much quicker to remove :-)

• 8 months later...

First went to the quest on enchantment in 2008. I wasn't that impressed at first. Then I went to it on allure this year 2011. It was so much fun. It is held in the ice rink and Ken Rush was the cruise director. I laughed so hard I was crying. He was the best cruise director and played certain things back in slow motion replay....hilarious.

• 2 months later...
A good cruise director monitors the crowd and adjusts to make the crowd happy. It is all in good fun and seeing people in underwear, either their own or someone else's, really isn't that shocking when you compare it to what you may see poolside. My hot tip - wear a strapless bra - much quicker to remove :-)

I think this is a sign.

I came looking for Quest info and found this - posted on my birthday last year.

We are sailing on my birthday this year - next Sunday!!!

I'll be sure to wear a strapless bra to Quest! :D

• 1 year later...

So we know it is a hoot - we have medals...! Yep, we've been "on-stage"... But, we wonder does anyone remember or know which night they have it on? We remember it is toward the end but there is some dispute on whether it is night 5, 6 or 7... Help fellow Questers...

• 1 month later...

I just got off the NCL Epic. They had the Quest game on the final night of the cruise. I don't remember it being offered on the Getaway.

This is definitely not a "one size fits all" activity. The game can become very offensive to some people. About 2/3 of the way through the recent game, the CD asked the crowd if we wanted it to get MILDER or WILDER, so he was gearing it towards the people who were there that night.

I don't participate, but I love to watch and laugh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]This was a lewd, raunchy, sexually explicit show! Please call it what it is! It is not a scavenger hunt! It started out fun, but fell to disgusting half way through! Please advise people that there are alot of homosexual overtones in this show!

:mad: Our party of six had to leave. [/font]