Towels for the beach

rikki11

This will be our first cruise where we have beach stops off the ship .Do they give you towels to take on shore or do we have to bring our own for the beach?

I am sure this has been covered before but CC Search is down

Yes you can use the pool towels which should be provided by your room steward. Just be sure to bring them back to the ship to get them replaced. Do not use any of the NICE people who claim they will return the towels for you. If you do you will most likely be charges for a treplacement towel by Princess.

if you need more.

Never heard of anyone being charged for them as I could have had 2-3 hundred in my room as they left cabinets open at all pools.

Always left soiled ones at pool and fresh ones appreared in cabin later in the day.

if you need more.

Never heard of anyone being charged for them as I could have had 2-3 hundred in my room as they left cabinets open at all pools.

Always left soiled ones at pool and fresh ones appreared in cabin later in the day.

I've often wondered this myself, how can they keep track? We usually only use the ones in our cabin for the balcony, but we pick up others by the pool. I wouldn't pack them in my suitcase, but how can they charge your account? Good question, huh? Anyone been charged?

Jan

I think the OP was asking about towels for SHORE EXCURSIONS. They do allow you to take your beach towels from your cabin to your excursion, but you must bring it back. Your room steward will give you a fresh one when you return.

It is not uncommon to find on a beach intensive port stop (i.e. Princess Cays) to find a bin just as you board the ship where you can drop off your sandy towels. Never have figured out how they account for all of them. :confused: Although we have always returned ours I've never know anyone who has been charged.

I have never heard of anyone being charged for a beach towel not returned to their cabin. I think that's a bit of folklore. Like others, we have often returned our to a bin when we reboard the ship, so as to avoid dropping sand all along the way to the cabins. There is no way Princess could possibly keep track of missing towels.

I have never heard of anyone being charged for a beach towel not returned to their cabin. I think that's a bit of folklore. Like others, we have often returned our to a bin when we reboard the ship, so as to avoid dropping sand all along the way to the cabins. There is no way Princess could possibly keep track of missing towels.

My nieghbor took a ship towel to the beach, left it there and was charged $19.99 on her ship board account. It was Carnival though so maybe they track the towels differently.....:confused:

Thanks for all your input I see that it will not be a problem More space for packing clothes

The nice thing about the ship providing towels for going ashore is it will be easy to pick out your fellow shipmates.

They will be the ones with the blue and white striped towels. :D ;)

The nice thing about the ship providing towels for going ashore is it will be easy to pick out your fellow shipmates.

They will be the ones with the blue and white striped towels. :D ;)

Also saw some locals in their vehicles in St Thomas using them as seat covers too. :eek:

Archived