Labadee kids area

I'm traveling with my DD who is 2 1/2 this May...I had a question about the activites for kids in Labadee. What are there activities? Is there any water play that is outside the ocean or safer for non-swimmers ( Of corse I'll be close by regardless).

I guess I have watched Jaws on to many times and I have a fear about sharks...I was hoping that the water area was "contained" in some way:o

We just got back from Labadee and my kids had a great time playing in their small water park which is in middle of the beach area inbetween both sides of their "island". They have a "ship" to climb on and water fountains and water "guns" where you can soak other kids. THere weren't many organized activities as the kids just wanted to run around and play. THey also brought out the water balloons which were a big hit! The younger kids have more of a section of sand and a few play toys to play in. It's in same "compound" as the water park, but its at the back of the ship so the older kids tend to hang out more in the water area and younger ones in the sand area. There is no pool in this area. The beach on the side the ship comes in on is very safe and roped off. We're not big ocean swimmers, but had a great time swimming on the beach closest to where the dock is.

Is there an "entrance" fee to use the water park are? How about the big slide or other larger water toys?

Tia! Lisa.

Luc's Splash Bash (the play area described above which is not in the ocean) is now free, from what people have posted here. There is a charge for the big slide and for the Arawak Water Park. All three of these activities are a lot of fun for the kids (and the latter two are fun for adults too!).

As to the Arawak Water Park and the "big slide"--- if you go late in the day and don't have time to take full advantage of what is over there- go see the guy who hoses you down and he might let you on for free (or you can slide him some little amount of cash). LOL I can't remember the fee for it. I think it was like $40 or $50 for unlimited sliding for the day. I am sure you could do other activities over there as well for that price. But the hose down guy told us if we had come to see him instead of paying full price that he would have let us slide if we gave him $10 for both me and my brother (together $10). We went over about an hour and a half before time to leave. We should have gone earlier in the day. But if you wait until late and see the hose down guy- you might get a break. LOL

Not advocating cheating RCI out of their money but really- that's a LOT of money for a water slide.

There is a splash zone, that is completely on land...just some water-spray things for her to splash around in. There is also the beach with slides, etc.

At this age, she really should be able to swim. It's dangerous for kids who can walk to not know how to swim, so you might check out swimming lessons in your area.

Archived