Funpass female child title as Master?

TN cruisin

I was just told that all infants are male and listed as Master on the funpass. I'm hoping we dont have a problem at embarkation. My grandaughter is female not male...yet her funpass has her title listed as Master and her sex as male. When I called to get it changed through travel agent, they called Carnival and were told it cant be changed, its the way it gets listed on the funpass. Anyone else have this happen?

I had that with my son, different scenario I know, but my TA and Carnival both said it's "olde English". Children that are under the age of 13 could not make decisions for themselves so were therefore referred to as Master and not Mrs. or Mr. They said it also helped to identify the true adult of the house as so many children were named after the parents in that time.

It would make sense to me for her to be listed as mistress, but if they say it's okay....I was told the only time there are problems at embarkation are if the first and/or last name don't match, i.e. Abby instead of Abigail or Matt instead of Matthew or in the case of more than one family homes. I hope you don't have issues.

My concern is that it lists her as male. Her birth certificate and her fun pass have the same name. Do you think little girls in the old days were listed as Master? The history of it is interesting, I know a lot of males in the family carry the same name, our family has that. But I still dont see a female as being listed as a male at any age, or called Master. I just wondered if it got listed wrong and its too much trouble for them to fix, so they'll have it noted on our paperwork. Or if all babies are really listed as male. I hadnt seen any posts about this.

It's a default of the system. Carnival is listing your baby as an infant, but the funpass system doesn't recognise "infant", and defaults it to "master".

You will not have any problems. From what I've been told, it's a well known issue.

Thanks!! I hadnt seen any posts about it, but had seen some about issues when boarding. I dont want to get to Port Canaveral and then have problems. I figured if it really was a default, others on the message boards would have heard about it.

That's the biggest load of nonsense I've heard in my life and so not true. An infant is listed as INFT and I (as the sex) on the booking.

Someone screwed up when making the booking.

(Master) MSTR and M is a male under 13

(Miss) MISS and F is a female under 13.

Make them change it.

That's the biggest load of nonsense I've heard in my life and so not true. An infant is listed as INFT and I (as the sex) on the booking.

Make them change it.

Call and ask :D

You are correct about it being listed as an infant - but the funpass assigns a gender and the default is male.

I had that with my son, different scenario I know, but my TA and Carnival both said it's "olde English". Children that are under the age of 13 could not make decisions for themselves so were therefore referred to as Master and not Mrs. or Mr. They said it also helped to identify the true adult of the house as so many children were named after the parents in that time.

It would make sense to me for her to be listed as mistress, but if they say it's okay....I was told the only time there are problems at embarkation are if the first and/or last name don't match, i.e. Abby instead of Abigail or Matt instead of Matthew or in the case of more than one family homes. I hope you don't have issues.

In "olde English" there would not have been any reference to a female or girl as they were considered "chattel".

We went on a cruise when our daughter was just turning 2 (1991) and she was listed as a female and by her correct name. - Ah but that was the cruise line that became Disney Cruises...

I believe that I would have a word with Carnival myself - sounds like a class-action lawsuit - I'm sure Customs would not be happy with that.

Make them change it.

maybe it depends on the age of the child. Our grand daughter was listed as Master. and we had no problems. She was 18 months old in August when we sailed the Liberty Carnival is not looking for Mater, Male, female on children Just the correct name on the fun pass is the same as the birth certiifcate.

maybe it depends on the age of the child. Our grand daughter was listed as Master. and we had no problems. She was 18 months old in August when we sailed the Liberty Carnival is not looking for Mater, Male, female on children Just the correct name on the fun pass is the same as the birth certiifcate.

Any child under 2 years old is considered an infant.

All infants default to "master".

Thanks!! I hadnt seen any posts about it, but had seen some about issues when boarding. I dont want to get to Port Canaveral and then have problems. I figured if it really was a default, others on the message boards would have heard about it.

This very same thing happened to my daughter in law last August when we sailed on the Elation. She was listed as a Mr. lol. They never even mentioned it at check in.

My two DD's both had "Miss" in front of their names on our documents (4 and 7 at the time). Perhaps Carnival needs to add sub-categories; infant-male and infant-female. I could imagine it would be a bit disconcerting seeing your little girl or granddaughter listed as "Master".

Hey Venture Man didn't mean to make you sound older than you are!! If it makes you feel better, my son, the 4 year old, still receives letters addressed to "Master" from his great aunts. I always thought they were mis-spelling Mister. Goes to show what I know right?? Wait, don't answer that.

Also Bobsfamily, interesting about the "chattel" I never thought of it that way.

TN cruisin, let us know how it turns out. This is an interesting topic.

This is not about an infant but when I went to fill out my fun pass for hubby and I there was a problem. He has cruised with Carnival several times. On the documentation it listed him as Mrs and as a female. I called and it was a fluke in their system and they fixed it.

This may be a fluke.

I already called twice. The first time the person I spoke to told me she talked to Carnival and it was fixed. Last night when it hadnt changed from day before I called again. Thats when the TA told me that we would not have a problem, that Master is the default. We just dont want to get there and have a problem. I guess we better pack that blue outfit with the ball cap:D just in case

I was just told that all infants are male and listed as Master on the funpass. I'm hoping we dont have a problem at embarkation. My grandaughter is female not male...yet her funpass has her title listed as Master and her sex as male. When I called to get it changed through travel agent, they called Carnival and were told it cant be changed, its the way it gets listed on the funpass. Anyone else have this happen?

there was a thread on here not too long ago about the same thing.

i wld look into this further. because i have 2 boys and a girl. the boys have always been listed as "mstr" and my dd has always been listed "miss"

I had this problem on our last two cruises with our kids on our cruise invoices. The previous cruise was booked through a TA, who knows my kids. Our current cruise was booked through a PVP. When I recieved the invoices for each cruise they had our 11 yr old DD listed as Master. Each time I called the person I booked with and had no problem getting it fixed. So, it may be a thing with children under the age of 2.

Is it possible that its too close to the cruise to change the childs salutation. I wouldnt worry about it at all. A passport would overide this issue.

We encounter this problem frequently. So many names are unisex today and its impossible to have these issues from time to time. Names like Jody, Morgan, Mackenzie.

Archived