Any one booking Europe on Friday?

Cruise Junky

Congrats to all those who have booked!

That is too bad about the deposits increasing. I sure hope Princess never discontinues their Future Cruise Deposit!

If they do they will loose many many bookings that are being made 12-18 months in the future. Who is going to put out 4 or 5 thousand dollars for that long? Not me:D

Maybe increasing the deposits is their marketing strategy to get people to purchase FCCS while onboard. I wonder how many people book another cruise just because they have a FCC or 4? :confused:

Maybe increasing the deposits is their marketing strategy to get people to purchase FCCS while onboard. I wonder how many people book another cruise just because they have a FCC or 4? :confused:

That's exactly what my TA told me today, why Princess is charging 30%.

Minette

We're booked on the 7/5/09 Emerald for Scandinavia/Russia--nothing like booking 16 months in advance! The FCCs did come in handy with the new 30% deposit requirement--13 months would be a LONG time to loan Princess the $ until final payment date, especially on a cruise this expensive.

Hopefully, President Obama won't let the euro hit $2.00 by next July.:D

Les

Congratulations! Thats exciting! We were looking into booking that cruise as well. I think I may call my TA Monday.
Great! I was able to use an FCC for myself and as it turns out, my daughter had one for her cabin so I didn't have to ante up anything additional. Yay! I've booked C722 for myself and C720 for my daughter. Whoo hoo!

We're booked on the Tahitian Princess 5/24/09 - Stockholm to Dublin, cabin 7060--yippee! The price difference for an AA wasn't too high, actually, but we decided we're ok with the size of the BB (that's what we had on the Pacific last Sept in Alaska) and we'd use the money we save to stay an extra night or two pre & post cruise. That's why we booked the shorte (12 day) instead of the 16 day Scandinavian cruise.....

We booked the June 9, 2009, 15-day sailing of the Crown from Rome to London. This is the only date for this itinerary and we are really excited. Fortunately, we had a FCC that we could use otherwise the deposit would have been over $3000. Out TA got us a good price for a mini on the Emerald Deck. We made sure he marked it as no upgrade.

We booked the June 9, 2009, 15-day sailing of the Crown from Rome to London. This is the only date for this itinerary and we are really excited. Fortunately, we had a FCC that we could use otherwise the deposit would have been over $3000. Out TA got us a good price for a mini on the Emerald Deck. We made sure he marked it as no upgrade.

I've requested a quote from my TA for this same cruise, but have not had a response yet. I will also use a FC credit for the deposit.

Whoo hoot! I'm all booked and confirmed for 7/19 British Isles! Yay!

Hi, Pam! We booked this cruise too while we were onboard the Golden last week. I assumed that starboard was the side to be on. Does that seem like the best choice to you?

--Junglejane

It looks like quite a few of these itineraries have yet to be posted on the Princess web site, like the 7/5/09 Emerald we booked.

Les

I was beginning to wonder about it. Princess shows 98 sailings for 2008 in Europe and 21 for 2009, same numbers of months.

I mean, the Dollar is bad with the Euro but not this bad :eek: We're looking for a cruise that starts, stops, or ends in Venice and goes thru Greece & Italy, such as the Venice / Rome or Venice / Barcelona, and I only saw one or two such sailings in all of 2009 compared with a dozen or more for 2008.

Any ideas?

I was beginning to wonder about it. Princess shows 98 sailings for 2008 in Europe and 21 for 2009, same numbers of months.

I mean, the Dollar is bad with the Euro but not this bad :eek: We're looking for a cruise that starts, stops, or ends in Venice and goes thru Greece & Italy, such as the Venice / Rome or Venice / Barcelona, and I only saw one or two such sailings in all of 2009 compared with a dozen or more for 2008.

Any ideas?

Look at http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na935 --they're all listed there, just not yet bookable on the Princess web site.

Les

Any ideas?

Turbo- I booked a 12 night on the Ruby out of Venice. It leaves May 16, 2009 and makes stops in Greece, Turkey, Italy, France, and ends in Barcelona. Its not on Princess's website but your TA would be able to book it.

Archived