Carnival-no thanks

ktravis

Hello,

Carnival provides a cruise experience for those who are not interested in the traditional aspects of a cruise. By traditional I mean an emphasis on good food, service, romance, and interesting itineraries. Carnival emphasizes fun in the sun, or the vacation aspect of a cruise, instead of an emphasis on travel by sea. And Carnival provides this to a very significant number of persons who choose their product year after year.

As someone who truly enjoys the travel aspects of cruising, that is, listening to classical music and excellent dinner conversation, I would not choose to go on a Carnival cruise (my DW and I went on one several years ago with our children). Carnival appeals to one segment of the cruise world very successfully, but it is not for me. I am not a snob nor do I think persons who like Carnival are beneath me or my wife. They want something different and their money is as good as yours or mine.

My point...let Carnival be Carnival. Those who want to vacation first, please select a Carnival ship and surely you will have a great time. Wear shorts in the dining room, swimsuits anywhere and at any time, and drink as much as you want to and anywhere on the ship. And your formal nights ended with the high school prom.

Others who want a comprehensive travel experience that includes a cruise, should select the other cruise lines.

Posts on this board are not going to change anything , but all of us including travel agents should do our research and go on cruises that most fit our needs and wants.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

I was totally surprised, but on our Spirit 8 day in mid Jan, the crowd was older, no nonstop parties as far as I noticed, formal nights a lot of people joined me with tuxes, so aside from some particulars already discussed, it was a good cruise.

The 8 day Carnival, is about half the price of our 10 day HAL coming in Dec., so HAL had better impress me. They did before, but that was pre Carnival ownership.

Hello,

Carnival provides a cruise experience for those who are not interested in the traditional aspects of a cruise. By traditional I mean an emphasis on good food, service, romance, and interesting itineraries. Carnival emphasizes fun in the sun, or the vacation aspect of a cruise, instead of an emphasis on travel by sea. And Carnival provides this to a very significant number of persons who choose their product year after year.

As someone who truly enjoys the travel aspects of cruising, that is, listening to classical music and excellent dinner conversation, I would not choose to go on a Carnival cruise (my DW and I went on one several years ago with our children). Carnival appeals to one segment of the cruise world very successfully, but it is not for me. I am not a snob nor do I think persons who like Carnival are beneath me or my wife. They want something different and their money is as good as yours or mine.

My point...let Carnival be Carnival. Those who want to vacation first, please select a Carnival ship and surely you will have a great time. Wear shorts in the dining room, swimsuits anywhere and at any time, and drink as much as you want to and anywhere on the ship. And your formal nights ended with the high school prom.

Others who want a comprehensive travel experience that includes a cruise, should select the other cruise lines.

Posts on this board are not going to change anything , but all of us including travel agents should do our research and go on cruises that most fit our needs and wants.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Best cruise food we've had, to date, has been on a shorter itinerary, Sensation cruise.

For some, and I will repeat this yet again, cruising is more than the ship or the destination, it is about being on the open sea, and enjoying the ocean breeze, the waves, the sunrise, the sunset, the aura that is an ocean sky. :)

I was totally surprised, but on our Spirit 8 day in mid Jan, the crowd was older, no nonstop parties as far as I noticed, formal nights a lot of people joined me with tuxes, so aside from some particulars already discussed, it was a good cruise.

The 8 day Carnival, is about half the price of our 10 day HAL coming in Dec., so HAL had better impress me. They did before, but that was pre Carnival ownership.

We have been on 10 Carnival cruises and took our first cruise on Princess last December. We have also sailed RCCL.

We sailed the Spirit in 2005 and I have to tell you it was pretty much a snooze cruise lol! While we did have a great time it was the mellowest ship we have ever been on. Not sure why.....

While all cruiselines are different in their own unique ways we have always had a great time on each and every one.

Hello,

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Fred, while your assessment is likely well intended, it strongly suggests that your opinion has evolved from what you have read, rather than what you have experienced. Perhaps you sailed on Carnival 15 or 20 years ago and that is the problem. Today's Carnival product is far removed from what it was years ago. If I hadn't been somewhat skeptical of all the negatives about Carnival that I had read, I would never have sailed with them the first time in 2000. I was so pleasantly surprised, and the experience was so far removed from what I had been reading, I concluded that in too many cases people make comments that have absolutely no credibility. Your comments are so off base that I just have to point it out. Carnival offers more of a traditional cruise experience than many lines today, and I'll be enjoying my 15th such experience in a couple of weeks.

Hello,

Hope that this helps,

Fred

I wouldn't call you a snob, but I will say that you are misinformed. Carnival emphasizes fun yes, but also what the person wants to get out of the whole experience. The food on Carnival was very good. Was it 5 star...no it wasn't, but no mass market line will give you 5 star food. How could they possibly when they are serving thousands at a time. Did you know that the newer Carnival ships have upscale supper clubs where the food is very close to 5 star.

You say Carnival doesn't give romance. Well my husband and I walked along the outer decks at night holding hands looking out at the ocean and up to the stars. We sat on our balcony at night together listening to the ocean. Is that not romance???

Did you know that Carnival also has classical music on their ships. At least the two that I went on....The Legend and The Miracle. In the Atrium lobby there is a classical trio that plays in the afternoons and evenings. They were wonderful to listen to.

I'm curious to know, what year did you sail with Carnival?

Before I booked my first cruise with them, I too had that stereotype about them. Although, I figured I would give them a try because the ship was leaving out of NYC where I live. So it was just a cab ride away to the pier for me. I'm glad I did give them a try because I was very pleasantly surprised.:)

I agree....Cruisingator is always fair. He has taken I think 16 Carnival cruises...not totally sure, but I think that's about right.

Although he thinks that I'm a Carnival cheerleader :p (Gordon this post is for you :D) but how can I be when I've only taken 2 Carnival cruises. What I am is a fair person. Yes I did love both my Carnival cruises. Will I sail on other cruiselines? You bet!!!! :D Will I sail on Carnival again.....absolutely!!!! For my next cruise I'm looking into HAL and I want to try RCL, Princess and NCL and eventually the more upscale lines, Seabourn and Regent. I know that I will have a great time on all of the lines that I sail because I absolutely love going on vacation. I may be a newbie to cruising, but I'm certainly not a newbie to land vacations. I've been to several countries in Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, Canada and a several states here in the US.

I have a really big problem with people that call Carnival cruisers a bunch of slobs and lowclass people because my husband and I are hardly that. If a person does not like Carnival because they think the food is bad, the service is bad, the entertainment is bad, etc.....that is fine, they are certainly entitled to their opinon. I just have a problem when they call people that sail Carnival lowclass and make fun of us. Reminds me of kindergarten kids.:rolleyes: Unfortunately a few people on this site fit that bill. :( If a person doesn't like Carnival, that is fine....don't sail on them......just don't make fun of us. Different strokes for different folks.:)

Good for you for wanting to venture out! too me, people who want to say their cruiseline is the absolute best and have never tried another line just do not know what they are missing by that attitude.

I think it is good to try differant lines. Cruiseline perks will never keep me with the same line. I enjoy too much having differant experiences. I have been on 13 cruises, 4 of which were Carnival and I hope to go on many more crusies before I die. My next cruise in 2 weeks is on HAL.

I hate to say it, but if I had been on 16 cruises with Carnival I am sure I would be burnt out on them also. I know on my roll call there is a poster who has done 17 Carnival cruises, one Celebrity, and is about to take his second HAL cruise. He said although he used to love Carnival, he is just tired of them. Him and his wife were on HAL in Dec. and loved it so much, they booked another HAL cruise in January.

Now as I said, I am trying HAL again, since I enjoyed Celebrity so much, several posters on CC said I should give HAL a second chance. I am sure though even if I absolutely love my HAL cruise, I will still one to go on other lines and I am sure at some point I will book a Carnival cruise again.

I do not see you as a cruiseline cheerleader so much, you are just saying you enjoyed your cruises on Carnival and you do not like the bashing you are reading here. I feel the same way. I think your posts are mostly in reponse to the OP.

I do not mind a person expressing why they prefer a certain line, but to just bash another line and not express why they feel this way I just do not understand. (as the OP did)

On the other hand the person who took 16 Carnival cruises is telling us why he no longer wants to cruise Carnival. Maybe you do not agree with him, but at least he is not bashing, but telling his experience. He gave some very valid points.

Most likely, Carnival feels that Galveston departure passengers are more their demographic, while the other cruise lines don't.

Wait a second here, missy! There are very few of these statements that describe me or my DH (no comment on other relatives) ...

. . . it took the smartest kid in your 6th-grade class three times to pass his driving test.

. . . you cut your wedding cake with a chain saw.

. . . you cut your toenails in front of company.

. . . a woman says she’s game, so you shoot her.

. . . your wife has a beer belly and you find it attractive.

. . . you ask for the honeymoon suite at the Motel 6.

. . . you hear a siren and your first instinct is to hide.

. . . you use a bedsheet as a sofa cover.

. . . your house plants aren’t in pots.

. . . you think the stock market has a fence around it.

. . . you wear a tank top to your mother’s funeral.

. . . your front yard looks like a Toys R Us after a tornado.

. . . you think a chain saw is a musical instrument.

. . . everything you won at the fair is hanging from your rearview mirror.

. . . you’ve ever accepted an invitation written on a bathroom wall.

. . . making beer is a neighborhood project.

. . . you clean your fingernails with a stick.

. . . you’ve ever gotten in fist fight in a laundromat over a dryer.

. . . there is a restraining order on your pets.

. . . you secretly get your firewood from your neighbor’s yard.

. . . you wipe your feet before you walk out of your house.

. . . your 5-year-old can rebuild a carburetor.

. . . your wife can climb a tree faster than your cat.

. . . you take a nap with at least one hand tucked inside your pants.

. . . your best jacket has an advertisement on the back of it.

. . . your car insurance deductible is higher than the value of your car.

. . . you consider tattooing a do-it-yourself job.

. . . one of your fantasies involves a bulldozer.

. . . your wife’s best shoes have steel toes.

. . . your picture is on the wall of more than three bait stores.

. . . your family reunion is sponsored by a beer company.

. . . your church has a “happy hour.”

. . . you’ve ever shot someone over a mall parking space.

. . . there is trophy in your house with the word “spitting” on it.

. . . you open beer bottles with your belt buckle.

. . . you’ve ever filled your deer tag on a golf course.

. . . you tell Grandpa he has something in his teeth and he takes them out to see.

. . . you’ve ever lost your wife in a poker game.

. . . you’ve ever participated in a burp-off.

. . . your mailing address includes the word “holler.”

. . . you’ve ever slow danced at a Waffle House.

And Celebrity doesn't want to come to Texas, why?

And PS ... I still have all my teeth and I ain't married to any of my relatives (do 2nd cousins once removed count?!) :D

Good for you for wanting to venture out! too me, people who want to say their cruiseline is the absolute best and have never tried another line just do not know what they are missing by that attitude.

I think it is good to try differant lines. Cruiseline perks will never keep me with the same line. I enjoy too much having differant experiences. I have been on 13 cruises, 4 of which were Carnival and I hope to go on many more crusies before I die. My next cruise in 2 weeks is on HAL.

I hate to say it, but if I had been on 16 cruises with Carnival I am sure I would be burnt out on them also. I know on my roll call there is a poster who has done 17 Carnival cruises, one Celebrity, and is about to take his second HAL cruise. He said although he used to love Carnival, he is just tired of them. Him and his wife were on HAL in Dec. and loved it so much, they booked another HAL cruise in January.

Now as I said, I am trying HAL again, since I enjoyed Celebrity so much, several posters on CC said I should give HAL a second chance. I am sure though even if I absolutely love my HAL cruise, I will still one to go on other lines and I am sure at some point I will book a Carnival cruise again.

I do not see you as a cruiseline cheerleader so much, you are just saying you enjoyed your cruises on Carnival and you do not like the bashing you are reading here. I feel the same way. I think your posts are mostly in reponse to the OP.

I do not mind a person expressing why they prefer a certain line, but to just bash another line and not express why they feel this way I just do not understand. (as the OP did)

On the other hand the person who took 16 Carnival cruises is telling us why he no longer wants to cruise Carnival. Maybe you do not agree with him, but at least he is not bashing, but telling his experience. He gave some very valid points.

Yes, you are right I can't stand the bashing. Not so much the bashing of the cruiseline, but the bashing of the people who sail Carnival. That is what really makes me very angry. And unfortunately there are plenty of people on this website that do that. One guy on another thread had the nerve to say that the folks who sail on Carnival are nothing more than low class trash.:rolleyes::mad:

Hello,

I am pleased to read that Carnival has improved their product, and so much so as to attract persons who like the finer aspects of a cruise.

Based on the comments made by others on this thread, I will look at Carnival when considering future cruises.

Thank you,

Fred

Yes, you are right I can't stand the bashing. Not so much the bashing of the cruiseline, but the bashing of the people who sail Carnival. That is what really makes me very angry. And unfortunately there are plenty of people on this website that do that. One guy on another thread had the nerve to say that the folks who sail on Carnival are nothing more than low class trash.:rolleyes::mad:

If he feels that way why doe he crusie Carnival? It does not make sense. tha ti ssuch a genral prejudeced statement.

I have a friend who crusies mainly Regent, she can well afford to, but her husband's business partners LOVE Carnival. Now this woman's description of these people are that they are very wealthy, as she is, but I have never met them.

I will be honest with you, when we can afford better we do pick a more upscale line, but some years we have major expenses, we have replaced the roof on our home, replaced the heating system in our home and so on. We usually save for these things and do not pay for them by a credit plan. We hate to be deeply in debt. So some years we choose Carnival because of other expenses.

I am still happy to go on a cruise. I only expect to get my money's worth. If I pay more, I expect more, If I pay less I am still happy, as long as I feel I get my money's worth I am happy.

If he feels that way why doe he crusie Carnival? It does not make sense. tha ti ssuch a genral prejudeced statement.

I have a friend who crusies mainly Regent, she can well afford to, but her husband's business partners LOVE Carnival. Now this woman's description of these people are that they are very wealthy, as she is, but I have never met them.

I will be honest with you, when we can afford better we do pick a more upscale line, but some years we have major expenses, we have replaced the roof on our home, replaced the heating system in our home and so on. We usually save for these things and do not pay for them by a credit plan. We hate to be deeply in debt. So some years we choose Carnival because of other expenses.

I am still happy to go on a cruise. I only expect to get my money's worth. If I pay more, I expect more, If I pay less I am still happy, as long as I feel I get my money's worth I am happy.

He only sailed with them once on the oldest ship and I think it was a 3 or 4 day cruise.

He only sailed with them once on the oldest ship and I think it was a 3 or 4 day cruise.

Yes THAt bugs me too. Compare Sensation to Sovereign of the Seas, not Mariner of the Seas.

Carnival offers so many mini 3 to 5 day crusies that it does go against them.

but anytime you go on an older ship on a shorter crusie you will find that. I know a friend of mine would only cruise RCI at first. In 04 she took her first cruise on Explorer of the Seas and in 05 she crusied with us on Mariner of the seas. In 06, because she was getting married and was paying for her wedding, her budget was less, so she went on Grandeur of the Seas. She was very disapointed in the ship. she foolsihly thought it would be just as nice because it was the same crusieline. (I had tried to tell her beforehand)

Last year she bought a house, so her budget for crusing is now even less, so she went on Carnial Holiday. Yes the ship was a dump, she said, but she still had a good time, because as she said, she knew $299 was not going to buy what $999 did. She still enjoyed the food, lounges, shows etc. and was able to becuse she did not have high expectations.

So many people lose sight of that I feel. They want a "deal" but they don't want their expectations lowered.

To the OP who was going to visit her daughter in Sugarland, and cruise out of Galveston on Carnival. You will have a great time, I wouldn't pay one bit of attention to the negative comments. People can find something negative in everything they do if they so choose.

If your cruise is the 8 day, then you are probably going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel I believe. I did this cruise last year and had a great time. So many nice people, not many children because it was in January. But I have cruised Carnival many times, and there are always great activities for the kids. I love the lively music in the pool area, and in the night clubs. I don't do the clubs much because I usually cruise with family and my H doesn't care for cruising, so I would not spend much time there without him. Plus the cigarette smoke is too much for me, but that is anywhere.

I love cruising out of Galveston, it is close to my home, and am dissapointed that so many of the lines are no longer there.

I went on a RCCL cruise, there were more party hardys on that cruise than all of the Carnivals put together. So, it just depends on the group of people. I would have a good time in spite of everyone trying to be miserable!

Jamaica is great, have a fun time!!!!!!

My favorite thing ... when people compare RCCL and Carnival, and they metion how tacky and classless the activities are on Carnival with the hairy chest competition and others acting drunk and stupid. I guess, however, thatt hey have never seen the sexy-legs completion and the Quest, which my have been the most lude thing I've EVER seen on a cruise ship. :)

My favorite thing ... when people compare RCCL and Carnival, and they metion how tacky and classless the activities are on Carnival with the hairy chest competition and others acting drunk and stupid. I guess, however, thatt hey have never seen the sexy-legs completion and the Quest, which my have been the most lude thing I've EVER seen on a cruise ship. :)

the belly flopper competition also that RCI has.

I didn't get burned out with Carnival due to 16 cruises. I got turned off to Carnival due to the fact that my last three cruises with them were less than what I had come to expect. IMHO Carnival reached their peak in the late 90's and then began to drop in the overall cruise experience after that. I found their ships to be dirty, the crew to be less than friendly and no past guest program. I tried to work with Carnival's customer service on some issues and they basically blew me off. I felt that if they wanted to treat one of their best customers this way then I would see what else was out there. Carnival lost me for life due to their attitude.

I just got off of my first HAL cruise a few weeks back. We enjoyed it and would go with HAL again but for me, RCI is still a better cruise line. My next two cruises are back on RCI. It's all about what a person wants for their overall cruise experience. I am looking at Celebrity soon as I want to try one of the new Solstice class ships. They look outstanding. I took my first cruise in 13 years on NCL last July. It was a nice cruise and they have made some improvements but again they would not be my first choice. The ship itself is very important to me and I love the ships of RCI. Can't wait to get on the Freedom in November.

I am a very upfront, tell it like it is person and some people on message boards cannot handle that. They want all sugar and nice. That's not me and maybe sometimes it comes across the wrong way but no harm is meant.:)

I didn't get burned out with Carnival due to 16 cruises. I got turned off to Carnival due to the fact that my last three cruises with them were less than what I had come to expect. IMHO Carnival reached their peak in the late 90's and then began to drop in the overall cruise experience after that. I found their ships to be dirty, the crew to be less than friendly and no past guest program. I tried to work with Carnival's customer service on some issues and they basically blew me off. I felt that if they wanted to treat one of their best customers this way then I would see what else was out there. Carnival lost me for life due to their attitude.

I just got off of my first HAL cruise a few weeks back. We enjoyed it and would go with HAL again but for me, RCI is still a better cruise line. My next two cruises are back on RCI. It's all about what a person wants for their overall cruise experience. I am looking at Celebrity soon as I want to try one of the new Solstice class ships. They look outstanding. I took my first cruise in 13 years on NCL last July. It was a nice cruise and they have made some improvements but again they would not be my first choice. The ship itself is very important to me and I love the ships of RCI. Can't wait to get on the Freedom in November.

I am a very upfront, tell it like it is person and some people on message boards cannot handle that. They want all sugar and nice. That's not me and maybe sometimes it comes across the wrong way but no harm is meant.:)

That is where you and I differ. I hate the mega ships for the most part so I will not go back on RCI unless it is the radience class.

I look at classes of ships and not lines.

That is where you and I differ. I hate the mega ships for the most part so I will not go back on RCI unless it is the radience class.

I look at classes of ships and not lines.

I just thought I would add I will not go on a conquest class ship either. We were booked this fall on a conquest class ship because of friends we were crusing with-I could not convince them to do anything else. They backed out so we cancelled the cruise.

My husband was upset about it but I wasn't. I just had no desire whatever to get on a overcrowded ship.

I've only been on the Spirit class Carnival ships. Legend and Miracle and found them to be very easy to navigate and they were not crowded. Maybe it was just a fluke, but both cruises were great. I didn't find either ship dirty, as a matter of fact they were spotless. The service we received was fabulous. Do you think that maybe I just got lucky?

I've only been on the Spirit class Carnival ships. Legend and Miracle and found them to be very easy to navigate and they were not crowded. Maybe it was just a fluke, but both cruises were great. I didn't find either ship dirty, as a matter of fact they were spotless. The service we received was fabulous. Do you think that maybe I just got lucky?

I think when you cruise on a line the size of Carnival or Royal Caribbean that there can be a difference from cruise to cruise due to the number of ships in the fleet. There is more room for error. I find RCI to be much more consistent across the board in the upkeep of their fleet, friendliness of the crew and just the overall feel that I get. One of the things that I have noticed between the two lines. I loved my two cruises on the Legend and Pride and this was the reason that we chose the Oosterdam on HAL. I despise the Destiny/Conquest class. Too crowded all the way around.

No cruise line is perfect and folks just have to find the one that meets their needs best. I happen to love the past guest perks that RCI gives. I have yet to pay more to cruise RCI over Carnival and then add in the balcony discounts and the on board credits for booking while on board, it just adds to the savings.

We just booked a cruise out of Barcelona for next year. I looked at all of the major lines including Carnival. Carnival was out due to the fact that they only have a Conquest class going to the Med. The rest of the cruise lines just did not have an itinerary that could match that of the Brilliance. RCI won out but we did look at the others too.

Hello,

I am pleased to read that Carnival has improved their product, and so much so as to attract persons who like the finer aspects of a cruise.

Based on the comments made by others on this thread, I will look at Carnival when considering future cruises.

Thank you,

Fred

I recommend you look at the Spirit-class ships (Spirit, Pride, Legend and Miracle). I sailed the Miracle in December and thought it was pretty sedate. I didn't care for the decor, but Carnival's is known to be pretty over-the-top.

While I enjoy the ship, I'm all about the itinerary. I continue to sail Carnival because it means I can sail more frequently. I loved my one RCI cruise (it was a repositioning cruise Tampa/Grand Cayman/Jamaica/St Thomas/San Juan) on the old Empress. But every time I price cruises, I come back to Carnival.

They fit my needs at a reasonable price. The cabin sizes are very generous, even on the smaller, older ships, even though they don't have a lot of balcony cabins.

I think when you cruise on a line the size of Carnival or Royal Caribbean that there can be a difference from cruise to cruise due to the number of ships in the fleet. There is more room for error. I find RCI to be much more consistent across the board in the upkeep of their fleet, friendliness of the crew and just the overall feel that I get. One of the things that I have noticed between the two lines. I loved my two cruises on the Legend and Pride and this was the reason that we chose the Oosterdam on HAL. I despise the Destiny/Conquest class. Too crowded all the way around.

No cruise line is perfect and folks just have to find the one that meets their needs best. I happen to love the past guest perks that RCI gives. I have yet to pay more to cruise RCI over Carnival and then add in the balcony discounts and the on board credits for booking while on board, it just adds to the savings.

We just booked a cruise out of Barcelona for next year. I looked at all of the major lines including Carnival. Carnival was out due to the fact that they only have a Conquest class going to the Med. The rest of the cruise lines just did not have an itinerary that could match that of the Brilliance. RCI won out but we did look at the others too.

Hubby and I are looking into HAL for our next cruise. I did want to sail on the Noordam out of NY but now I see she isn't sailing from NYC after this spring so we will have to fly down to FL. Gordon, how did you like the Oosterdam. Can you tell me about it please? Was it an older crowd? I hear its a much more formal line than RC and Carnival.

I know you don't like the Destiny/Conquest class. I saw on one of your posts you called that class of ship a cattle barge or something to that effect.....LOL That was funny. :D

I will eventually try RC but my next choice is HAL. I'm sure I will like all the cruises that I go on. Maybe some more than others, but just give me a nice vacation and I am a happy camper. :p

Hubby and I are looking into HAL for our next cruise. I did want to sail on the Noordam out of NY but now I see she isn't sailing from NYC after this spring so we will have to fly down to FL. Gordon, how did you like the Oosterdam. Can you tell me about it please? Was it an older crowd? I hear its a much more formal line than RC and Carnival.

I know you don't like the Destiny/Conquest class. I saw on one of your posts you called that class of ship a cattle barge or something to that effect.....LOL That was funny. :D

I will eventually try RC but my next choice is HAL. I'm sure I will like all the cruises that I go on. Maybe some more than others, but just give me a nice vacation and I am a happy camper. :p

Sandi, with HAL, I really think that it depends on the length of cruise and ship. The smaller ships seem to bring a more "mature" crowd. The Oosterdam left out of San Diego and the crowd very mixed. We were in port with the Ryndam and it was on a longer cruise and the passengers were much older than the passengers on the Oosterdam. The ship is a little more formal but I saw folks with jeans on in the dining room. The food was overall better than what I have had on other cruise lines. As in some cruises, there were things that I did not like. The ship for example was dark to me. I loved the flow of the ship because I like the Spirit class as they are very similar. I would go with HAL again but they would not be my first choice. I am working on my photos as we speak and hope to have them loaded by this afternoon and will try to put together some type of quick review. I would suggest giving HAL a try. They do a lot of things right.

Sandi, with HAL, I really think that it depends on the length of cruise and ship. The smaller ships seem to bring a more "mature" crowd. The Oosterdam left out of San Diego and the crowd very mixed. We were in port with the Ryndam and it was on a longer cruise and the passengers were much older than the passengers on the Oosterdam. The ship is a little more formal but I saw folks with jeans on in the dining room. The food was overall better than what I have had on other cruise lines. As in some cruises, there were things that I did not like. The ship for example was dark to me. I loved the flow of the ship because I like the Spirit class as they are very similar. I would go with HAL again but they would not be my first choice. I am working on my photos as we speak and hope to have them loaded by this afternoon and will try to put together some type of quick review. I would suggest giving HAL a try. They do a lot of things right.

I think I would like HAL. Looking into them for next year for my 50th birthday. :eek::D

Will definitely take a look at your pics. Let me know when you are finished uploading them.

Archived