Utopia of the Seas?

Did you notice it's been 3 male finalists in a row, will we have a woman finalist? Are they saving the best for last?

Maybe there are three men finalists in a row because all the women entered are at work when RCCL calls:eek: tee hee hee

Just kidding men:D

Mommomporkchop

(Kathy)

Love Allure of the Seas. I do not like Utopia of the Seas at all. Sounds like some communist experiment :eek: . Hope that next weeks had two very nice names!

I totally agree! They'd have to only have 1 class of cabin if they go with this name!

Those were my two names.....Oasis and Utopia, so of course I like them. :) Sure wish they had picked me! :(

I would be upset if I had 1 of the names chosen, but lost because of the other or had both of the names, but someone entered them before me. That would stink!

From what I understand if they chose a name that others have picked they go by the date of admission.

I really do not care for any of the names so far but that would not keep me from cruising on her.

The finalists are:

John Wilson - Shoreview, MN

Mosaic of the Seas

Coronation of the Seas

George Weiser - Livonia, MI

Oasis of the Seas

Allure of the Seas

Scott Rhodes - Redondo Beach, CA

Allure of the Seas

Utopia of the Seas

This does bring up a question and please correct me if I'm wrong, but, according to the rules, if there is more than 1 entry for the same name, only the first one submitted will be eligible. I would think Scott's submittal would be ineligible since George had already submitted. (Unless Scott submitted Allure before George submitted Oasis with Allure as his second choice). I'm confused - have a headache now - need a cruise badly.

This contest is angering me. I submitted Utopia Of The Seas, but paired it with Nirvana Of The Seas. They seem to be a much better theme that Utopia and Allure. They are totally disregarding the whole common theme concept, which was supposed to be the crux of the contest. This is crap!

I'm not a fan of the name Utopia...as others have said, it sounds like one of those crazy societies that Ayn Rand, George Orwell, Aldous Huxley and others describe, though I guess those are technically DYStopias. Plus it just doesn't flow well..."Utopia of the Seas"...ugh. The only name announced so far that I like is Allure. Coronation isn't too bad, either, but I think it is too long when "of the Seas" is added.

I'm surprised at the simplicity of the names that have been announced so far. I was expecting more elegant and unusual choices, names that would evoke a sense of luxury and sound like instant classics. Instead everything is sort of flat...Allure and Coronation at least sound a little elegant, but Mosaic?? I guess RCCL is a mass market cruise line so their ships have to have names that aren't so elegant that they dissuade people with kids from sailing, but with the luxury features that the Genesis class will surely have, you would think they would choose a name that is a bit more powerful sounding. (Like mine, hehe! :p )

I have to say I think these people picking the names are out of their minds.... the only one that I like so far is Allure of the seas.

Allure sounds like something the neighbor's dog is howling in the middle of the night:p

Archived