Bar Setup

SakeDad

I think I read you can only get the bar set-up through your travel agent if that is how you booked....correct? I am thinking of just ordering one bottle of Absolut which is $40 + $3 svc chg...does anyone think there is a reason NOT to do this? I like my bloody mary's and martinis so I hope this may cut the bar bill down.....any tips? (Not drinking is NOT an option!:p)

We ordered our bar set-up tonight. I wanted a bottle of Absolut and a bottle of Courvoisier VSOP for the evening, (hey, it's cold in Alaska). What you don't finish, you can bring back with you. I bring bubble wrap!:p

after TA tells me NCL told her she couldn't do it anymore. So I sent the email and got a reply back with the charge to my NMC, and the bar setup fee - is that a tip or they are including tonic?

Good morning.

Credit card was processed for $43.00 1 bottle of Finlandia for $40 plus $3 bar set up fee.

Yulexi Perez

Group Event Coordinator Norwegian Dawn

groupeventdawn@ncl.com

1-800-32709020x7820

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive, Miami FL 33126

Freestyle Cruising

www.ncl.com

I think I read you can only get the bar set-up through your travel agent if that is how you booked....correct? I am thinking of just ordering one bottle of Absolut which is $40 + $3 svc chg...does anyone think there is a reason NOT to do this? I like my bloody mary's and martinis so I hope this may cut the bar bill down.....any tips? (Not drinking is NOT an option!:p)

Do You have a list of items on the bar set up with bottles and Prices?

How far in advance should I order my bar set-up? I don't want to wait until the last minute and then--oops--it's too late:eek: !

NayRN

I am traveling on the Gem next week and just put my order in so I know you can still do it a week out.

Do You have a list of items on the bar set up with bottles and Prices?

NOTE: The Bar Set ups are not available on the NCLA fleet only on NCL.

Stateroom Bar Set - Up Price List

Service charge of $3.00 for each set upScotchVodkaLiqueurs$55.00 $55.00 $55.00 Chevis RegalStolichnayaPeter HerringJohnny Walker Black AmarettoGlenfiddich$40.00 GallianoGlenlivet MaltSimirnoff 80Kahlua AbsoluteTia Maria$40.00 FinlandiaFrangelicoCutty Sark Bailey's Irish CreamJ & B RareGinNassau RoyaleDewars White Label$55.00 VandermintJohnny Walker RedTanquerayB & B BenedictineRye$40.00 Cointreau$55.00 BeefeaterGrand MarnierCrown RoyalGilbeys $40.00 $40.00 RumCreme de BananaCanadian Club$55.00 Creme de CassisSeagrams 7 CrownBacardi BlackAnisetteSeagrams V.O.Bacardi AnejoApricot Brandy Myers PlantersBlue CuracaoBourbon Cherry Brandy$55.00 $40.00 Creme de MentheJack Daniels BlackBacardi SilverBlackberry BrandyWild TurkeyBacardi DarkPeach Brandy$40.00 OtherPortJim Beam$55.00 $45.00 Tequila Jose CuevoSandemansCognacAquivit $65.00 Southern ComfortSherryCourvousier VSOP $45.00 Remy Martin VSOPAperitifDry Sack $40.00 Tio PepeBeersSambucaHarvey's CreamDomestic $3.95Dubbonet Imported $4.50CampariMineral Water PernodEvian (11 oz) $2.50 VermouthEvian (liter) $4.50 Perrier $2.50 San Pellegrino (8 oz) $2.50 San Pellegrino (750 ml) $4.50

I'm taking the Gem in June out of Barcelona. I am doing the bar set up but would like tonic with the gin I purchase though the bar set up. I realize I could get the soft drink card for the week but the problem is I don't drink soda and would prefer to not spend $40 (+/-) just for unlimited tonic water. Also I would prefer to avoid purchasing tonic and carrying it on at embarkation. Can I just order a few bottles of tonic when doing the bar set up? Any ideas? Thank you!!

I'm taking the Gem in June out of Barcelona. I am doing the bar set up but would like tonic with the gin I purchase though the bar set up. I realize I could get the soft drink card for the week but the problem is I don't drink soda and would prefer to not spend $40 (+/-) just for unlimited tonic water. Also I would prefer to avoid purchasing tonic and carrying it on at embarkation. Can I just order a few bottles of tonic when doing the bar set up? Any ideas? Thank you!!

I don't believe you can order Tonic. You can either get it from your mini-bar or bring it on. Assuming you're not getting a 2 litre bottle, they aren't that heavy. We carried on a six-pack of cokes, Bloody Mary mix and a bottle Mai-Tai mix. We stayed overnight in Ft Lauderdale and I just walked to a grocery store to pick up supplies.

Sake,

We are on the Star 4/16/08 and ordered our bar setup thru shipcoordinatorStar@ncl.com. I sent the email on 3/16 and they called our home within 3 days. I noticed the charge went thru my credit card this past week - I believe it was $53.00 (if my memory serves me right) for a bottle of Absolut and 6 Tonics.

We did book directly thru NCL and did not use an outside TA. I can't imagine they would require this.

I normally take a printout of my credit card charge with me in case there is any problem.

Have a great cruise! We'll keep the lights on in the Star for you!:D

gym2

I don't believe you can order Tonic. You can either get it from your mini-bar or bring it on. Assuming you're not getting a 2 litre bottle, they aren't that heavy. We carried on a six-pack of cokes, Bloody Mary mix and a bottle Mai-Tai mix. We stayed overnight in Ft Lauderdale and I just walked to a grocery store to pick up supplies.

You can order Tonic as part of your bar set-up. I just did it this past Friday for my upcoming cruise.

I am traveling on the Gem next week and just put my order in so I know you can still do it a week out.

Just noticed that you are on the Gem next week..are you on our Roll Call..jump over and see what we are all about..susan

Here's another that's very clear....click on it to make it bigger.

*****/cruise/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/bar-set-up.jpg

Is it $3 set up per bottle or for set up of several bottles?

Also, are there any kinds of bottled water, sparkling water, etc that comes with the suites? We are in an AE on the Star. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Is it $3 set up per bottle or for set up of several bottles?

Also, are there any kinds of bottled water, sparkling water, etc that comes with the suites? We are in an AE on the Star. Thanks for any info you can provide.

$3 for set-up, not per bottle.

Are you on the Gem April 12? If so come on over to our roll call.

See link below my clock.:)

Are you on the Gem April 12? If so come on over to our roll call.

See link below my clock.:)

I am with my DH. I saw that you are having a meet and greet in the Le Bistro one morning. Not sure what I will be up to during that time so I did not want to make a commitment in attending. This will be my second trip on this great ship and looking forward to it. :)

Archived