Equinox Hump Cabin

Lady_Gamecock

Because the Solstice Class isn't out yet, this question may not be answerable...but I'm gonna try anyway. :p

The "hump cabins" on the Equinox - does anyone know if the room will actually be "larger" than other cabins in those various classes? I have never booked one before and it almost looks like those on the "corners" of the hump actually appear to be smaller from the diagram of the ship's decks.

I may be totally missing the point to the hump - can someone please help me out on this one?

Thanks tons!

Lady_G

We have been on hump cabins on Brilliance and Jewel of the Seas and they were very nice because you could get a very good field of vision being away from the body of the ship. The humps on the Solstice are bigger and won't give as much of that feeling. But if you are close to one of the humps, they will definitely obstruct your view.

Mafig - No not all of them. We are in 8279 on Equinox and the same location on the opposite side of the ship on Solstice(I can't remember the cabin number) and took them because they are not adjoining, and both are on the hump.

As MVP indicates, the field of vision is less limited and we have enjoyed these locations on the RCCL ships, and these cabin locations seem to me to be similar to in idea.

MVPinBoynton: What would you consider being "close to the hump"?

Since we have not been near a hump that we weren't on, I can't say for sure; but I would guess that you would want to be at least 10 cabins away. The way the hump comes out so far on the Solstice Class, I don't think any cabins would get a clear view if they weren't on the hump. But this is just a guess by looking at the deck plans.

Mafig - No not all of them. We are in 8279 on Equinox and the same location on the opposite side of the ship on Solstice(I can't remember the cabin number) and took them because they are not adjoining, and both are on the hump.

As MVP indicates, the field of vision is less limited and we have enjoyed these locations on the RCCL ships, and these cabin locations seem to me to be similar to in idea.

Good eye! Although my brochure has 8279 as a 1A vs 8277 (next door) an adjoining cabin that's a 2A. I wonder if there's a difference in size?

These 1As (all of them) intrigue me. They're in interesting locations and some of them -- like the very last cabins on Sunrise, Vista and Panorama look like they have larger balconies.

Good eye! Although my brochure has 8279 as a 1A vs 8277 (next door) an adjoining cabin that's a 2A. I wonder if there's a difference in size?

These 1As (all of them) intrigue me. They're in interesting locations and some of them -- like the very last cabins on Sunrise, Vista and Panorama look like they have larger balconies.

Dunno why these are 1A's. Maybe it could be just because they are not adjoining, otherwise they look the same to me .I am looking forward to the reports once this ship sails.

I have booked the hump cabin on the Summit, Constellation, and Infinity -- the cabins were all the same size, only the balcony was a little bigger - i.e., longer on one side, cut at an angle.

I looked at these cabins on the Equinox too, does look a bit smaller on the web site, suspect that is simply an illusion, would guess they are the same size.

Humps are what we prefer--always forward looking--always have nicer balconies--we'll see if that holds for Solstice . Our is not connecting one as far as we know.. They are popular like the afts & the charge is higher for them probabaly for that reason...

For the adjoining cabins, I had read on this class of ship there will be a vestibule at the corridor that creates a shared entry point for both and then on to a cabin door for each particular cabin, so it will be a bit different than other X ships before this class.

For the adjoining cabins, I had read on this class of ship there will be a vestibule at the corridor that creates a shared entry point for both and then on to a cabin door for each particular cabin, so it will be a bit different than other X ships before this class.

Does that mean all you 'HUMP" people share an entry and poor little me at the funky angle is shut out..lol So, now there are AFT SNOBS and HUMP SNOBS...

Does that mean all you 'HUMP" people share an entry and poor little me at the funky angle is shut out..lol So, now there are AFT SNOBS and HUMP SNOBS...

I didn't select adjoining cabins, so I won't be able to speak to wether it's good for not. I think the idea the cruiseline had in mind was so the doors to both cabins could be left open to create a flow for families with a bit of privacy and personal entry/exit at the same time. I do think this vesibule might end up being some extra storage space, and that's always a good thing.

But since I have done both hump and aft, I am ok with being called a really big snob. :D

Archived