SS cabin question

gybuynew

Air

We got ss8086 It shows loungers on the balcony is that the case? the wife likes the idea of "balcony tanning"

Chris

Sorry to burst your bubble, but on SS verandas the dress is formal. ;)

J/K - Congrats!

Now I'm thinking maybe I shunta selected a specific cabin when I made my reservation for a plainold "B" veranda cabin.

Dang! I hate it when I only get what I paid for! :D

The artist rendition of an SS cabin verandah is not exactly what you get. However, I surfed this morning and found some pictures from another couple's cruise. One of the pictures is of their verandah and it shows the furniture. Now, this is a deluxe rather than a superior so the verandah is a bit bigger and I noticed it has more chairs around the table. However, you can see what the other chairs and ottomans look like. Hope this helps. :)

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=2024

Hey Chris great news.Be careful on this thread some of the regulars get upset when you get a upgrade.We wer upgraded to CatS on the 16th sailing.You will be VERY happy with your upgrade its a GREAT cabin ,and the balcony is bigger.Catch you on the roll call thread TOM&DEB

You will love your SS cabin. We had previously had an SS and an S on the Zuiderdam until 9/11 (we were escaping hurricane evacuation) when we got a regular Cat. B verandah cabin. We were grateful to get it on short notice, but it was much smaller. Your SS is very roomy and the verandah will have comfortable chairs and a dining table/chairs. Your bathroom will also seem huge with lots of storage space.

Enjoy!

Congrats on your upgrade! I loved living in 8086 on the Oosterdam.

Tanning however is gonna be a bit tough because of the Lido overhang which extends well beyond the balcony rail. Only if the sun is relatively low in the sky and the ship is heading the right direction will you get direct sun. The good news is that you are in a great location - very convenient to the aft Lido...

The furniture includes 2 lounge chairs w/ ottomans and a small side table, and a cafe table w/ 2 chairs - no sun loungers.

I have a couple good pix of 8086's verandah and overhang here:

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/picturepost/view.php?uid=2170

(the pix in the earlier post appear to be a Deck 7 Deluxe Verandah Suite - slightly larger than SS)

Enjoy your upgrade!!!

We were in SS 6100 on the Westerdam - very nice indeed. I think I am right in saying that there are 2 x SS's to each 3 x A/B's, so a nice chunk of extra space.

Katie

--------------------

Brian - Great pictures. We were in SS 6060 on the Oosterdam in March and have pictures of the balconey but not on our website www.geocities.com/theklugspage/ . DW must have decided to save space and only put some of our pictures which don't include the verandah. Fully endorse the superior suite....a great cabin!

Thanks for the pictures Brian and Randy. Brian it was good to see you out of the tux. Your avatar makes you look so....so formal! :)

I just upgraded to the SS8084 on the Oosterdam in 3 weeks. I'm now glad I did.

Brian I noticed you went on the Oosterdam twice this year. You must really like the ship? Or was it the itinerary as well?

No problem on the pictures.....if they help somebody make a choice/decision then that's just added value. You'll love the Oosterdam. It's a beautiful ship and even though we prefer the smaller S class we'd not hesitate to sail Oosterdam or any of the Vista class again. Hopefully HAL has or will solve the staffing problem and add a few folks as they are a few short to really live up to the HAL reputation for fine service.

Oh I have an SS question for those that have sailed the Vista class ships. Is there a DVD player or VCR in the TV. I'm bringing videos for my child and need to know what format it is in.

Thanks!

Archived