Promenade Sandwich & Cookie Question

We will be on our first RCCL cruise in September and have read several threads with comments about sandwiches and cookies on the promenade and be sure to not miss them. Are these sandwiches and cookies charged as a nominal fee? Also, what are some examples of the sandwiches and cookies? Just curious.:p

If you are on a Voyager or Freedom class ship, there will be a cafe in the Promenade. It is open almost 24 hours a day and offers a changing variety of sanwiches, cookies, pastries, pizza and fruit, as well as coffee, hot tea and chocolate.

There is no charge for any of these items, so it is a great place to pick up a quick snack.

Cheers,

I meant grilled rubens. :) The edit function wouldn't work.

I don't recall any grilled sandwiches there. Turkey, chicken and a couple of others. Along with the pizza :) you can pick up the cookies (usually 2-4 different varieties) and I think a couple other desserts too. Don't forget the coffee and tea to go along with them :D

Warren and Yvonne

I don't recall any grilled sandwiches there. Turkey, chicken and a couple of others. Along with the pizza :) you can pick up the cookies (usually 2-4 different varieties) and I think a couple other desserts too. Don't forget the coffee and tea to go along with them :D

Warren and Yvonne

Please tell me I can get a grilled ruben on the Mariner! If not, I may have to cancel my cruise, just kidding.:D

Can you get a hot sandwich? I love my grilled rubns!

About the only thing I really miss from Carnival when on a RCCL ship is the lack of a made-to-order deli window. From what I've seen, no hot sandwiches at the Cafe Promenade.

About the only thing I really miss from Carnival when on a RCCL ship is the lack of a made-to-order deli window. From what I've seen, no hot sandwiches at the Cafe Promenade.

I wonder why you can't get a grilled sandwich-they are so much better than a cold one. I also enjoy a good BLT on toasted bread.

I wonder why you can't get a grilled sandwich-they are so much better than a cold one. I also enjoy a good BLT on toasted bread.

You can't because there is no grill.

This is not a made-to-order deli counter. It has pre-made sandwiches, such as ham and swiss on a croissant. There are also plated desserts (cakes and tarts and such), cookies and fresh fruit. There is a counter of self-serve coffee and tea. It is open close to around the clock, although they do close for a bit to clean around dawn. :D

I have never been all that impressed with the sandwiches in the Promenade....like MerionMom said, usually something like ham and swiss cheese on a croissant, premade, and dry. Definitely not deli-style sandwiches!

The cookies, desserts, and pastries are very good though! AND it's great to have a place to go to grab a bite to eat whenever you want/need one.

Pizza is great at the Grill on the Promenade. It is always hot, and they are continuously baking it. D/h loves that shrimp and egg sandwich, also. The cookies are just out of this world. The coffee is better than anywhere else on this ship.

I have never been all that impressed with the sandwiches in the Promenade....like MerionMom said, usually something like ham and swiss cheese on a croissant, premade, and dry. Definitely not deli-style sandwiches!

The cookies, desserts, and pastries are very good though! AND it's great to have a place to go to grab a bite to eat whenever you want/need one.

Actually, I like them! ;)

When we took our cruise over New Years 2007 on the Enchament OTS we were told that you could not have a cookie unless you bought coffie. I found this shocking seeing on every other ship we were able to get cookies all the time. Do not know if the employees were new or what.

Since the sandwiches are pre-made are they like the airports -- in plasticwrap?

They are NOT in plastic wrap. The sandwiches are gourmet-type, with different fillings on criossant, and are constantly being replennished since they go very quickly. Everything is freshly made. If you are looking for deli-style, these are not for you!! ;)

On our cruises on AOS, the chocolate chip cookies were wonderful. That was usually my son's late-night snack (and I snitched a bite or two!!:D)

I don't recall the pizza, or anything else there, being anything to write home about, but it's probably because we were never that hungry when we stopped by. :o

Archived