Promenade Sandwich & Cookie Question

On Liberty they had no hot sandwiches on the Prom. cafe but there was an INCREDIBLE shrimp and egg sandwich!! Sounds odd but outstanding....I still think about it !!! YUMMY!!! No charge!:)

I agree. I had one when we sailed Liberty last May. That sandwich is really good.

Other than things like egg salad, which obviously incorporate mayo into the filling, are the sandwiches pre-made with mayo or mustard? E.g., is there already mayo or mustard on a ham and swiss?

In my party, we have those who will. not. eat. mayo. It's a very serious issue. :rolleyes: Anyway, since everything is pre-made, just wondering about the status of the condiments, and if you can get anything without mayo or mustard. I saw something about a sandwich with pesto, that sounds promising, anything else?

Most are made without anything other than lettuce and tomato. There's always something you can find

When we took our cruise over New Years 2007 on the Enchament OTS we were told that you could not have a cookie unless you bought coffie. I found this shocking seeing on every other ship we were able to get cookies all the time. Do not know if the employees were new or what.

Well – the coffee is self serve and FREE so perhaps you are mistaken.

Your situation sounds more like the Cafe Latitudes, where specialty coffees are sold. I believe pastries are free with a purchasefrom Cafe Latitudes.

M

Other than things like egg salad, which obviously incorporate mayo into the filling, are the sandwiches pre-made with mayo or mustard? E.g., is there already mayo or mustard on a ham and swiss?

In my party, we have those who will. not. eat. mayo. It's a very serious issue. :rolleyes: Anyway, since everything is pre-made, just wondering about the status of the condiments, and if you can get anything without mayo or mustard. I saw something about a sandwich with pesto, that sounds promising, anything else?

Since the sandwiches are pre-made, they may need to go elsewhere if a little mayo or mustard is that much of an issue. :)

M

Whenever I stop by the Cafe Promenade, I grab one of the paper cups for coffee...

On Mariner in November, they did not offer the paper cups anymore - only the small plastic mugs. I understand this is less waste and garbage, but gotta say, it's not quite the same as in a to-go cup with a lid in taste, convenience, or safety. Had a few close calls in the elevators with open cups of coffee. :(

Wow - I'm sorry to hear the paper coffee cups and lids may not be available on the Navigator when I sail in April! I agree that coffee cups are more cost efficient, but very inconvenient! We have an aft cabin and I won't look forward (no pun intended!) to carrying an uncovered cup of hot liquid all the way there from the Promenade Cafe!:eek:

When we took our cruise over New Years 2007 on the Enchament OTS we were told that you could not have a cookie unless you bought coffie. I found this shocking seeing on every other ship we were able to get cookies all the time. Do not know if the employees were new or what.

As many RCI cruises that you have been on and you didn't question this??? Of course the cookies are free on every ship including EOS

As many RCI cruises that you have been on and you didn't question this??? Of course the cookies are free on every ship including EOS

I have found that at Latte-tudes it can be difficult to get anything without paying for it.

The regular coffee is supposed to be free.

The desserts are free with any purchase - so it can be a bit of a gray area as to whether free coffee constitutes a purchase.

We would usually just go up to Windjammer and stay away from the cart...

My favorite sandwich was the veggie one with grilled eggplant, roasted red peppers, squash and a pesto. It was awesome!

I think I just started drooling.

I'm not a big eater, but anytime someone can whip up an awesome vegetarian sammy, I'm there! :D

Your pool photos look empty!! That can't be noonish (based on you timing day 2) on a sea day, can it? There seems to be no one there yet? Did everyone sleep till 10? LOL!:D

Thanks for the live update...we are on Oasis in Dec and we were hoping Ben and Jerry's would be available ( we are willing to pay...ANYTHING!;)) in CP as it is on other ships. The sandwiches sound yummy, I'm so glad to see veggie options.

Love your photos..thanks for posting!

The sandwiches are yummy. Roast Beef is my favorite. Condiment packets are available (mayo, yellow mustard, spicy mustard). The problem is that sometimes you find a "favorite" sandwich and it is only available on one day......not repeated. Others like ham&cheese or turkey is repeated.

Never did try the pizza. Maybe next time!

Archived