Cabin 2462 Cat. 1A (Video)

Wennfred

• 6 months later...

WELL, we had this room and it was noisy and rumbly ESPECIALLY when they used the bow thrusters. I'd say 80% of the time, it vibrated and was noisey. LOVE the 2 windows and long hallway though.

How was the noise from below in room 2462? Really loud, did the room shake or hear the engines all the time? I've had rooms in the back on the Elation & it rocked us to sleep everynight.

Thought maybe CCL was introducing a new kind of stateroom to compete with RCL. The submarine cabin.:D

Bill

Several folks have been saying that the vibration in the floor is more pronounced on the Conquest. I was in 2462 a month ago, and there is a constant vibration, but it wasnt bad enough we minded. Loved the cabin and the extra window and sitting area.

Unfortunately, cant book this cabin any more as a 1A, so the point is moot, there are probably better 6B cabins to book, like 2470 which is giant sized and it also has two windows.

Hello,

We were in 2457 on the Freedom. It was a great room.

It was a large and the window is a nice size. We did have some morning noise when we would pull into a port but not enough to matter. There was no noise above or below us.

If you have a room steward named Franklin you are in luck.

He was the best.

Have a great cruise.

This is Cabin 2462, its considered an Inside cabin but it has 2 large windows, its a very nice roomy cabin. This one is onboard Freedom but its the same on all Conquest Class ships. This cabin is located on the Portside way Aft. There is a Fridge and the Blow Dryer is located in the desk drawer.

This is a 3.5 minute video of cabin 2462:

Fred

Thanks Fred,,,I'm confused why this is considered an inside cabin??? Holly

Unfortunately, cant book this cabin any more as a 1A, so the point is moot, there are probably better 6B cabins to book, like 2470 which is giant sized and it also has two windows.

It is true, these are now classified as 6B cabins (OV). I had 2465 on the Valor in Feb and I loved it. Tried to get it again for a future cruise as a 1A, nothing doing. My PVP informed me Carnival wised up and reclassified them...

OMG that cabin is soooo tiny. I'll take a Deck 6 balcony cabin anyday. You don't have to leave the cabin to think in a balcony.

Goodness, I didn't think they had any cabins that small.....there is barely enough room to walk around the bed!!!!!

??? The cabin is 220 s.f. compared to the inside of a balcony cabin which is 185 s.f. Balconys including the balcony part are the same size as this OV cabin. Have you been in it?? I loved it. Nice little sitting area by the secon window with a little table and two chairs. I loved the cabin.

I dont understand your post.

OMG that cabin is soooo tiny. I'll take a Deck 6 balcony cabin anyday. You don't have to leave the cabin to think in a balcony.

Goodness, I didn't think they had any cabins that small.....there is barely enough room to walk around the bed!!!!!

I suggest you go out tomorrow and get your eyes checked. This is a pretty large cabin compared to Cat.6B or Cat.8a balcony cabins. Besides, this cabin has 2, count them, 2 large windows. The camcorder makes it look alot smaller, but check these pictures using a camera, gives it a different look. These are 2465, its the same cabin but on the other side:

Cabin2465_800x328.jpg

Cabin2465c_775x600.jpg

Cabin2465a_800x495.jpg

. . . there are probably better 6B cabins to book, like 2470 which is giant sized and it also has two windows.

On one of my sailings in 2462, I got to spend a bit of time in the neighboring 2470. You are so right. . . it's odd shaped, and huge!! Almost big enough to have a square dance. :p Had to chuckle at how much distance there was from the bed to the television, on the opposite side.

Archived